#1 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Hey I've just returned, and brought with me a friend whos a first time player.

I wanted to know what are some of the cheaper alternatives for gear for summoner since unfortunately I was never that zeny rich in the game when I last played so wanted to know what I should be looking at buying.

Also are there any techniques/methods for leveling with a summoner (I'm planning to go magic), to make killing solo/group of monsters easier?

#2 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Do physical picky peck build doram instead unless you really really want to do magical doram.

#3 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

Do physical picky peck build doram instead unless you really really want to do magical doram.

So if I reset my stats what stats should I focus on first for levelling?

#4 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

DEX and STR. Before you reach 100 you can use Lunatic Carrot Beat with Doram set and bunny accessory combo.

After 100, you can start using two Plump Earthworm Charms and instant cast Picky Peck.

Edited by Yugacky, 27 February 2018 - 12:08 PM.

#5 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

I like Magic/Support hybrid Doram more to level up, even reset my physical Doram to magic early 130s because lvling as magic/support felt so much more relaxing for me.

I reset back to physical once it was maxed thougzh because endgame physical just fares much better thanks magic builds lacking good MDef-bypass options.

Magic/Support Hybrid needs less gears (just Doram Set + random headgears is enough) and doesn't have to single target kill nearly as much because CN Meteor is a way better AoE than Lunatic Carrot Beat.

Also is very friendly on consumables because Tuna Party helps a lot while pulling and Tuna Belly will heal you for a fixed % of your max HP.

Stoop takes care of all tanking you'll need.

You might run into some sp and casttime troubles before hitting 100 (that's when you can use your first Doram set) but that's nothing a Phen and a bit of sitting/sp stuff can't take care of.

tl;dr:

Imo lvling up as magic/support then reseting to physical for instances/farming once maxed is more relaxing and cheaper.

Edited by kubikyuu, 27 February 2018 - 10:02 PM.

#6 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

at first my build is magic/support all the way in scaraba hall 2 after i hit level 151 i reset it to PP type doram since the hp in nct are very large and their attacks are really hurts even i use stoop ...

#7 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:50 PM

at first my build is magic/support all the way in scaraba hall 2 after i hit level 151 i reset it to PP type doram since the hp in nct are very large and their attacks are really hurts even i use stoop ...

You can oneshot with CN Meteor in NCT pretty easily.

I had a +12 Magic Foxtail Staff with Big Ben Card + random Shield with Neo Punk as well as +9 Luxurious Doram Shoes with Nightmare Verit Card and was able to oneshot NCT starting at 150 with just that.

Don't forget a Bathory carded armor to protect yourself from their elemental hit and a Raydric card takes care of the rest.

Since the clean +0 gears are so cheap you can easily just go for bulk upgrading if you don't want to wait for a refine event. Remember that Job 70 Mastersmith for bulk weapon refining if you have one. ;)

Adding Happy Flapping Angel Wings (preffereably +9 for the full effect of +50% dmg to and resistance against NCT mobs) you can even go with a lower upgraded weapon still oneshotting and also being tanky enough to not even need stoop.

I would not advise buying a Cobalt Mineral Card though, 200m+ is way too much for what they do.

Picky Peck Builds would want some +9 Happy Flapping Angel Wings for an easier time in NCT too btw.

Those Wings are BiS for NCT grinding for quite a lot of classes actually.

#8 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

My advice is to get some support tree skills until you get to lv 99, stoop is good for when you cant get out of a mob since you cannot move after casting it, you use it to endure the damage while casting lunatic carrot, after some practice you can probably kite more and may not even need stoop if you time loop and lunatic well enough.

If i think about it kubikyu may be right, i felt like leveling as a physical doram is a pain, i guess thats why i didn't like the class all that much "even though i think its the best support class in game".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users