#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

First time to level an RK,

I have a few questions:

1.) Without tao and kiel, is it still possible to level a pure DB RK from 100 to 130? Or do people still go str + IB build and reset later on for leveling a DB RK?

2.) How does a hybrid DB/IB RK compare to a pure DB RK? What's a good stat progression for both builds?

3.) Is it possible to level an RK with minimal pots? I'm really not willing to burn ridiculous amounts of zeny and resources just for consumables.

4.) Just changed job to LK and what's the fastest leveling set-up to 99/70? Should I just BB harpies all the way to RK?

PS Any working set-up for leveling from LK to RK until DB is viable?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 06 March 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#2 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

1. Of course. It's even more viable now as compared to pre-OCP times.

2. Looks interesting but I haven't tried it yet. Stat progression for pure DB should be 120 dex at the get go since most likely you won't be able to 1 hit the mobs just yet.

3. Use runes and you'll be able to save HP pots / strawberries. Use EDA + Incubus and you'll almost never run out of SP.

Kite well and/or 1 hit the mobs (Scaraba hall / mid TI) and you won't use much HP pots.

4. Fastest way is lvl 85 LK at nogg2. It's possible to 1 hit all mobs using bowling bash even at that level. 

Was able to level mine from Swordsman lvl 4 to LK 99/70 in around 4.5 hours w/o exp mod this way.

After becoming RK, continue to level using bowling bash till you can get maxed DB/WDB.

And there's no need to waste your time hanging out at low TI just to pump your job levels.

I ended up at around lvl 114 I think when I had enough job levels to have maxed DB/WDB.

My suggestion is to have your skills geared towards pure DB, so you only need to reset your stats. 

After that, you can go to Scaraba up to level 141. Then Bio4 or NCT.

#3 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

Would BB-ing work with all of your stats allocated only to 120 dex? Any example of a set-up for one-shotting with BB until 120-ish?

#4 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

No, you start off as physical build. Then reset once you have enough job levels to max both DB.

#5 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

im level 121 RK I've stopped for now because im waiting for exp mode and kinda busy on restart... anyway as a very low budget rk like me here's my build:
100 str
70 agi
80 vit
75 dex
...my gears are:
+4 pollution rwh
incu ee
fish in mouth
+4 fire armor of soul collector
+7 double hunter fly c.spear
+4 round buckler of dragoon
+7 immune faw fs6
variant shoes
teleport d.ring
d.ring of muscle

....im using fresh fish together with my pet scatleton and using isia rune (vitality) to increase hp recovery...

...and lastly my leveling style is brandish spear and ignition break, well bb can be good but in my case im lazy on doing gutter lines oh and im leveling on magma because of bounty board

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

^Do you one-shot mobs with brandish spear?

Will parry + DR garment be enough for surviving a huge mob in nogg?

Also, would a triple [sword guardian] weapon be good until I reset to DB? What's a good weapon for BB-ing? 

Edited by mikkotinamide, 26 February 2018 - 11:04 PM.

#7 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

^Do you one-shot mobs with brandish spear?

Will parry + DR garment be enough for surviving a huge mob in nogg?

Also, would a triple [sword guardian] weapon be good until I reset to DB? What's a good weapon for BB-ing? 

BS cant kill in one shot but it can help for damaging them i do 2.9k on them then IB next remember the closer to the user the stronger the IB gets , my IB inflict 9k on them within 7x7 and 10-11k when closer to me , i choose spear because it can eliminate size damage when riding on dragon , i think im going to reset my RK when i hit to 131 base , in parry once you activate it it cancel all casting you do , ill already do that when im 99 level i always use unli skill reset in prontera ....

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:35 AM

Just tried out BB, for those who have tried, are there better weapons than a veteran sword with sword guardian card?

#9 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

This is what I used, with FS enchants.

#10 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

Btw, is parrying worth getting? I only know it interrupts normal attack but does it affect bowling bash animation/pseudo-cast time?

@carbinemortiser

what was your set-up for 85 LK? I'm using a +5 sword guardian vet sword and I can't one shot them. Tho I possibly could with FAW fs or dr hbp. Were you using an undead F garment?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 27 February 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#11 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

well LK at job 70 have enough points for parrying the thing is you stop for a sec when you block an attack but its cool somehow btw you can hack slash in GH were dark priest, wraith and evil druid plus bounty board to reach 99.

at trans things changes, just incase you need the 23 job levels for IB check out the eden bounty board for 91-99 it gives lots of job exp ;)

#12 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

i didn't know your still LK, hmm in my case at level 80-90 i just do bounty quest in geffen hunting 150 ground petite repeatedly back and forth until i hit 90 then i just leech it with my rebel to 99 until it becomes RK with 25 job levels....

#13 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

if u have some budget consider getting +9 Black Ribbon, great headgear for leveling RK, get incubus pet and some fish in mouth or toy syringe

get cheap crimson THS Holy/Netural or whatever depend on your leveling spot (Nogg/Juperos are recomended) when u hit 120 can use RTE (3x Caramel) + Thorny Buckler (Bigfoot) and mob those scraba, reflect u got for thorny buckler can proc Deff bypass effect from RTE, and for some reason it doesn't required bison horn atm

get Peuz seal and storm stone for more atk, temp str for higher atk, when u reach 141 that's gonna be your later choice of leveling

#14 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4120 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

if u have some budget consider getting +9 Black Ribbon, great headgear for leveling RK, get incubus pet and some fish in mouth or toy syringe

get cheap crimson THS Holy/Netural or whatever depend on your leveling spot (Nogg/Juperos are recomended) when u hit 120 can use RTE (3x Caramel) + Thorny Buckler (Bigfoot) and mob those scraba, reflect u got for thorny buckler can proc Deff bypass effect from RTE, and for some reason it doesn't required bison horn atm

get Peuz seal and storm stone for more atk, temp str for higher atk, when u reach 141 that's gonna be your later choice of leveling

How about the new gelerdria with storm stone? It has set bonus anti insect and one handed.

About peuz set, do you recommend it? Autocast storm blast and spear dynamo +2 aspd seems good

Edited by YongkySH, 27 February 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#15 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

How about the new gelerdria with storm stone? It has set bonus anti insect and one handed.

About peuz set, do you recommend it? Autocast storm blast and spear dynamo +2 aspd seems good

whole point using RTE is for deff bypass proc on normal mob which is big deal on leveling

Gelerdria isn't exactly good for leveling, RTE is way better and cheaper option for leveling, the goal is to deal fire endow atk that buffed IB base damage that boosted again with Black Ribbon that gain extra damage from racial card

#16 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4120 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

whole point using RTE is for deff bypass proc on normal mob which is big deal on leveling

Gelerdria isn't exactly good for leveling, RTE is way better and cheaper option for leveling, the goal is to deal fire endow atk that buffed IB base damage that boosted again with Black Ribbon that gain extra damage from racial card

I see, then what about peuz set? Reflect damage counts as normal attack which should activate stormblast right?

#17 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:03 AM

is IB faster in leveling than DB? I'm mostly concerned about solo leveling at 150 in NCT, would IB still be better for leveling at that point?

#18 ViniTopinho

ViniTopinho

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

is IB faster in leveling than DB? I'm mostly concerned about solo leveling at 150 in NCT, would IB still be better for leveling at that point?

IB is so much better to leveling than DB... The damage is much higher and you will spend less

#19 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

Hmm I see. Tho almost majority here in the forums is saying DB is faster since you can kite mobs. 

#20 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

DB is faster in terms of leveling coz of bio4 at 140

#21 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

What about solo leveling in scaraba and NCT? I'm thinking, DB would be faster since you don't need to get close to the slow-moving big bells 

#22 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

On my experience, DB is the faster one specially once you get past Nogg2
If properly geared (even without MVP cards) + buffs + correct stat distribution, you can 1 hit Antler and Rake Horn Scarabas.

In NCT,  you can kite easily with decent to high after cast delay reductions.

In Bio4, RK is one of the staple classes and there is little difficulty in terms of being recruited.

If going the Bio4 route, better focus on HP/SP boosting gears instead since you'd be under strings almost all the time.

Everything changes though if you have access to 3x Seyren Carded RTENS.

This one will be the fastest leveling build you can possibly achieve in an RK.
1 hit everything at NCT within 11x11 cells around you.

Edited by carbinemortiser, 28 February 2018 - 08:51 PM.

#23 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Does it mean it's not possible to one hit mobs in NCT without true seyren?

#24 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

With a high refine Old Rune Circlet, yes it's possible. It requires level 170+ RK though.

#25 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4120 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

Arent gelerdria damage higher than RTE for true seyren card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users