#1 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

I recently returned with a friend whos new. I'm currently leveling something else with him till he's 99 so my alchemist can transcend with him.

I'm mostly confused how im meant to build towards gene now. I know CHB is something I must have, but I lack the zeny for it.

Any advice?

#2 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Depends what gears you will go for it, if you will use Tengu Set then STR will be your main stat if not then DEX and INT

Actually your end build as Geneticist is:

STR: 80~90 (120 STR if you have Tengu Set and Robot arm)

INT: 100~120

VIT: 90~98

DEX: 120 (If you are using Temporal DEX Boots, if not then 90~100 for memblatt card bonus and Fairy accessory)

LUK: 30~50 (the rest of points here)

Gears:

Headgear: CHB from 99 to 170 then Old Midas Whisper with high upgrade

Mid / Lower: headgear Tengu Set ot New wave sunglasses + Mob scarf or BDM + Syringe Toy

Weapon: Robot arm if you build are base in high STR and tengu set or +12~+15 Crimson Mace.

Shield: +12 Mad bunny Shield if you cant have instant cast time or +8~12 Gaia / Amenos Shield. (Dont forget to buy a Royal Guard Shield, that buff is not a joke)

Armor: All elemental Armors, Scrub and Abusive Robe (This one is good for enchants, without enchants dont even use in gene)

Garment: FAWs with EA 10 and Memblat card, +10 Etrans with DR card and +9 HBP for greed

Boots: Temporal DEX Boots or STR ones.

Accessorys: there are so many for gene.

#3 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Although those gears are as best one could get, OP doesn’t have money even for CHB...

Indeed CHB is a must, not only for damage but specially for instacast CC... I don’t recommend Gene if you can’t afford a CHB. Of course you could get away with it, specially if you have an AB friend, but you could have a better use of your time with a GX

#4 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:13 AM

I had some spare cash shop currency from I last played, and I got lucky in a couple of boxes, and was able to get the zeny to get a +7 CHB.

since I doubt I have the money to buy a +12-15 Crimson Mace since I can't afford to go Tengu so won't be going robo arm do I just buy a +10 CM, and use that till I can upgrade it to +12, or is there another weapon option to use till I can fund the +12 CM

I've got a HBP, but I'll need to upgrade it

What should I focus on from here?

#5 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:11 AM

I had some spare cash shop currency from I last played, and I got lucky in a couple of boxes, and was able to get the zeny to get a +7 CHB.

since I doubt I have the money to buy a +12-15 Crimson Mace since I can't afford to go Tengu so won't be going robo arm do I just buy a +10 CM, and use that till I can upgrade it to +12, or is there another weapon option to use till I can fund the +12 CM

I've got a HBP, but I'll need to upgrade it

What should I focus on from here?

Neat!

Go with a Thanatos Hammer (which you can make it yourself at Ghost Palace) carded with Hunterfly Card for leeching. Until then even a +4/7 Crimson Mace will suffice.

Keep the HBP and card it either with Raydric or Menblatt (since FAW is so expensive those days...).

You can get parties at Nogg2 or even solo though you need leeching sources on top of that Thanatos Hammer (EDA, Inccubus/Succubus pet, Tengu Scroll/Blood sucker and so on).

#6 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

Ok thanks I'll focus on getting those things focused on.

#7 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:54 AM

since you're still in training i suggest you get int and str to 120 but focus on int first

dex (just reset soon when you're maxed unless you want to bomb early)

leech leech leech ~ sp leech is a must while training and hp leech if you can

there are lots of cheap alternatives but im also making a genetic and what i did was to 90 int and str first :) still at biochem tho im lazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users