I need help. Leveling as warlock in NCT. - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

I need help. Leveling as warlock in NCT.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

Hello.

After 9 months of waiting I finally got a mob scarf, now that I got it I wanted to try my luck at NCT as my lock was collecting dust for almost a year now on 150. 

I lack quite some gears, so I expected to not be able to oneshot there just yet, but with my current setup, the quag SW JF CL stuff didnt really work out for me at all, and as Im pretty experienced at solo leveling mage classes (mage to prof mostly at stings back in trans times, lots of wizard lvling at chiv/prison to make money), I reskilled to FW, and tried my luck at the good old vFW, now with crimson rock.

Problem is, crimson rock knocks enemys (?) out of the vFW, often even right through it into my face. I noticed that if I place the wall horizontally above or below me, the mob stays, only sometimes sadly, in the FW as it should, while vertically they always got pushed out. I gotta admit that I only tried my luck there for around 20 minutes as I used a -_-ton of aloes thanks to that, so I have to restock now.

Just wanna ask the experienced warlocks here if they know if the knockup can be avoided or at least be controlled better by me, is there a rule to how they get knockbackd? It looks really weird to me, I dont even know how to place another FW in advance to protect myself from this, as I said, often they get knocked into me, no matter how I position myself or the FW. But there were those horizontally vFWs that worked perfectly, I got no clue.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 28 February 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

If fire wall and crimson rock bothers you since it scatters mob around.
Try fire wall and CL.

#3 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

nah, found a solution, just gotta place 2 vFWs underneath each other and be quite some cells away from the mob, seems to have fixd it for me. Gotta test it further, maybe this is help for someone. 

But thanks anyways, if I didnt find this out if wouldve gone with your idea for sure. :>

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 28 February 2018 - 03:10 AM.

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

You can also try (JF ->) CR -> CR or if 3-shotting JF -> CR -> JF -> CR -> CR.

Would look like this for 3-shot:

Or 2-shotting:

#5 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:13 AM

tried your suggestion before and it didnt work for me, idk. Oneshotting scarabas was fun and easy with this tactic, but in NCT I really struggled. Could be that I wouldve just needed more time to adjust, cuz I didnt play for almost a year, but vFW works for me, although I know its worse exp than this tactic. I got a selffound NAM card in store, waiting for some FAWs in boxes to get that done, gonna buy a flattery soonish and gonna check if my dmg would be sufficiant for 2 shots, then I'll try that tactic again. 3 shots is too annoying for me n_n

#6 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Yeah NCT takes a while getting used to.

Instead of just waiting for FAWs you can also put the NAM card into some high refined int/dex GFSS.

Thanks be to Richard you'll be able to decard safely once you get yourself a Spell FAW.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

JF>CR always deals enough damage to kill them in my case(JF also nicely packs monsters together). And sometimes i mess around with FM>JF, if it applies freezing, the damage gets very insane and they die from JF itself :v

#8 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:56 AM

I tried that but it didnt work for me, do you think my client is bugged?

#9 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

Yeah NCT takes a while getting used to.

Instead of just waiting for FAWs you can also put the NAM card into some high refined int/dex GFSS.

Thanks be to Richard you'll be able to decard safely once you get yourself a Spell FAW.

This. Also, Happy Flapping Angel Wings help a lot. Don't know if you have it already, but stacking damage little by little helps a lot. 2-shoting it with CR makes it much easier to level in comparison with most other tactics. At least for me (though I one-shot now... :P).

#10 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:30 AM

Flapping angel wings are the way to go, not only is the damage boost great but the reduction is really nice because I use 2 handed staff while there currently. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users