Questions About Knight & BM - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Questions About Knight & BM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackmilton

jackmilton

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

Been thinking of returning to RO2 for a while now and I have questions. Many of them, in fact.

1. What are the pros and cons of knight compared to warrior in WoE and PvE aspect of the game?

I used to play and love them both back in the day but I don't have much free time anymore.

At least not for two swordsmen.

2. Does human mode BM work?

I mean I'll still max the grizzly form but I want to look at my dopeass costume and spear rather than that big black furry thing while, say, raiding and I don't think grizzlies can keep up with swordsmen's aggro capabilities because of BT so why don't I go full dps instead. I might be wrong about the aggro part though.

3. What about PvP and WoE as a BM?

When I was still playing, they were, like, punching bags that couldn't really kill you (unless they have OP gears) but at the same time, they also couldn't be killed. I hope things are different now.

4. Gear progression. Do you have general guide for that?

I read some of the threads here saying that you level up faster than before, so I was thinking maybe some ML gears can be skipped. I remember painstakingly day and night grinding ML points for cazar/himmelmez stuff.

Good times.

5. I also read that penetration is really good for PvP. Is it also as useful in PvE?

pesky assassins with their low cd and high burst skills...

6. As a physical damage dealer (and tank too maybe), are high-leveled dps pets like mermaid, imp, etc a must?
I don't really want to farm the DNAs, but I will only if I have to.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by jackmilton, 05 March 2018 - 06:23 AM.

#2 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

up

#3 squaremusics

squaremusics

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIndonesia - Jogja
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Been thinking of returning to RO2 for a while now and I have questions. Many of them, in fact.

1. What are the pros and cons of knight compared to warrior in WoE and PvE aspect of the game?

I used to play and love them both back in the day but I don't have much free time anymore.

At least not for two swordsmen.

Welcome back :D

WR is more to be DPS than K9. As K9, they're tanks, so they have different role in game. Pros and cons, well, because they've different role, the pros and cons are due their role mostly. For WR, they can't attack long range without direction, because their Battle Leap need you to specify the target location by clicking the ground where you will landed and if enemy is moving / running, you will miss them), meanwhile K9 can just do it fine with "tab" key and throw it's shield which will follow where your enemy run to.

2. Does human mode BM work?

I mean I'll still max the grizzly form but I want to look at my dopeass costume and spear rather than that big black furry thing while, say, raiding and I don't think grizzlies can keep up with swordsmen's aggro capabilities because of BT so why don't I go full dps instead. I might be wrong about the aggro part though.

Thats where your damage and vigor counts. High damage + high vigor, you can always provoke the monster and stay on top all the time on threat meter. Without bear mode, you will have lesser HP and still easily being out threat-ed by DPS crec / pr.

3. What about PvP and WoE as a BM?

When I was still playing, they were, like, punching bags that couldn't really kill you (unless they have OP gears) but at the same time, they also couldn't be killed. I hope things are different now.

I don't do both, so I can't really answer this.

4. Gear progression. Do you have general guide for that?

I read some of the threads here saying that you level up faster than before, so I was thinking maybe some ML gears can be skipped. I remember painstakingly day and night grinding ML points for cazar/himmelmez stuff.

Good times.

Menace => OSI => final gear (usually mixed between Eddga + Serenia). Since now is the era of boosting and boosting everywhere. thats all 3 (4) gear you need to have. Menace for early ML1 and get OSI for the ML20 until you reach ML40 then get your final gear.

5. I also read that penetration is really good for PvP. Is it also as useful in PvE?

pesky assassins with their low cd and high burst skills...

I rarely seen assassin do work at JDQ (mostly just sit or do nothing, most of them just EXP / MP leecher), but for once I saw a good assassin and it's really outburst the threat meter. Well, yeah it's good to have penet in PVE.

6. As a physical damage dealer (and tank too maybe), are high-leveled dps pets like mermaid, imp, etc a must?
I don't really want to farm the DNAs, but I will only if I have to.

Thanks for reading.

Damage dealer and tanks in raid don't do DPS pets. You will be scolded by your raid member, specially crec. If you're solo, its fine, but not in raid. For priest, they didn't even bother to summon DPS pet if there's any crec out there with pets, unless the crec's pet dont have enough damage (priest's pet < crec's pet, compared at the same MP/AP stat).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users