• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hi guys!

If you've been around the forums (especially the threads regarding the WoE2 time vote), you'll probably have heard this server mentioned.

It was created by Jolen last year to improve this server's WoE scene, but has since evolved.

The server is now being used to gather guilds' suggestions/feedback/concerns etc and have discussions about anything that could improve the server's health, really. Campitor is also present on there to receive all of the above - think of it as a more direct and at the same time more filtered version of the proposals & suggestions section. (Example: guild leaders submitting a summary of things to improve from their guildies' ideas.)

Until now, we've only had active WoE guilds on there, but since it's not just about that anymore, we'd like to invite leaders of non-WoE guilds to join the discussion as well!

So if you are one of those guild leaders and want to chime in and get your voice heard, message me for a Discord invite :)

#2 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

This only works if guild leaders are active and listen to all their members. That’s obvious tho, right?

#3 notmad

notmad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin Re:Start

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

image.png

#4 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

^

image.png

^

#5 Kashural

Kashural

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

image.png

You worried that your leaders won't inform you propperly?

Or you just don't trust your leaders?

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

It's not that I don't trust my leader, or whichever leader I get info from. But shouldn't have to go through a proxy to get information from the staff or warpportal representative pertaining to the server. Isn't that was the forums are for? For the staff to post updates and answer questions and communicate info to the community? I mean while yea I can get that info from the leader at this point, it would be nice to be able to follow the discussion word by word, question by question etc etc....which is what the forums (should) do

Edited by Spoon, 08 March 2018 - 08:34 AM.

#7 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Anything important gets thrown up on the forums anyway. Mostly it's just the leaders bickering and griping and reporting bots to each other. And if you don't trust your leader, something's wrong...

#8 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

90% of all the chatting that goes on there is literally just talk between the guild leaders, making that public isn't a great idea. Camp shows up for an hour or two once a week, lol. (Also, that Discord has existed for months before Camp was even on it)

I think you all are vastly overestimating our influence tbh.

Yes, we post suggestions on there that we think would improve the server as a whole. No, they don't all just get implemented. It's literally just "ok, so this guild is mostly concerned about x" - and all of them are on the forums in one place or another anyway.

Here's an example:

"SQ's list of things:

- add an anti-bot/cheat shield or other measure, or at least give regular updates on the state of this request.  This is the largest factor in the health of the server.
- advertise the server as much as possible to bring in new players; this should be easy with the upcoming release of trans. we need a steady influx of new players to keep population up
- add a cooldown to BB and/or sp recovery items to make spamming skills less appealing and encourage party play
- add spotlight areas, to encourage parties on other maps
- no costumes with stats (or at least have them disabled during WoE)
- remove the Raffler, ticket prices are way too low to effectively sink zeny quickly
- Instead, add an investment NPC, where players have to donate quite a high amount of zeny to unlock something for the entire server; i.e. more exp/drops, maybe a costume, etc. - basically anything that will make people spend zeny. Starting price should at least be like 10m+ per donation
- add an NPC to turn normal headgears into costumes for zeny (maybe 50m+)"

Just like anything on the forums, what WP does with it is their decision.

We don't get any "advance info" we could take advantage of either, btw. Example: Camp told us he's planning to do a data dump to get drop lists of things like OCAs/OBBs/OPBs/other item-producing things to post them on the forums and asked if there's anything we would add to the list. Knowing that this is going to happen doesn't give us an advantage, does it? This is the level of discussion that happens there.

In conclusion: it's literally just a place to have real time discussion with other guild leaders and represent your guild when questions like the above happen.

(But as Ko said, half the time you just come back to 500 messages of completely inconsequential chat).

I'm mostly wondering if all the small non-WoE guilds on the server just never check the forums or aren't interested at all D:

#9 8733130503023857157

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

I agree that the leader discord should be at least viewable by everyone.

I don't need to write in there since my "leader" transmits all the important suggestions to Campitor, but not getting the same amount of information like the ppl in there is pretty unfair and ridiculous.

Why the hell do I need to rely on other ppl to get all the information, instead of getting them first hand, that's what this forum is for. ("trust your leader blabla" -> you missed the point")

I can understand that the discord is great to get the opinion of most guilds and therefore most ppl on this server to Campitor. 

But the other way around, any information regarding the server should be accessable by everyone.

There are some great suggestions and pretty simple questions in this forum getting completly ignored by Campitor, while the same things get answered in the leader discord.

And believe me that the amount of posts in all restart threads combined is way less stuff to read compared to the amount of things written in the leader discord. Not sure what makes some ppl worth more than others.

#10 1363151102125932647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

You worried that your leaders won't inform you propperly?

Or you just don't trust your leaders?

Anything important gets thrown up on the forums anyway. Mostly it's just the leaders bickering and griping and reporting bots to each other. And if you don't trust your leader, something's wrong...

I think you people are missing the point here... It's not about the trust on 1 or in this case the leader of your choice (your own Guild Master), but all the people that are in there even if they are not a leader or a vice leader of certain guilds they have joined and they are treated as one of these.
So now the question is... How can you ask the community to trust this unit blindfolded? Not to mention that this discord server has and can only have 1 leader(owner) that can easily manipulate every chat/channel/permissions of that server. 

For those who didn't know... The discord server has been used to take the votes to possibly change the WoE schedule and every Guild Master that is active/interested in WoE was asked to take the upvotes/downvotes of their own guildmembers (the server was also used previously for other WoE related stuffs w/o Campitor joining it, afaik). But now the issue is Campitor is in it, taking suggestions/proposals from the members of that server.

Point is... It served its purpose so Campitor can walk away from it or at least do not take any suggestions/proposals from these leaders.

If a discord server has the necessity to be made, WP staff or Campitor itself should be the owner of that server. And the whole community should be able to partecipate on it.

But like mentioned by a user above, what are the forums here for?

#11 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

The issue isn't a trust issue, but we have a platform for these discussions to take place alrdy. A discussion that everyone can log in and see and give their 2 cents. I'm aware the leader discord is a bunch of bickering nonsense a majority of the time, which is fine, have fun. But once the staff gets involved and everyone can't take place and discuss the topics at hand is where it's an issue.

Here, someone asks a question, it may or may not get answered, but if someone has a follow up question, at least they can read the topic to see if it was answered themselves and then ask their own questions at their leisure, or provide feedback of their own in regards to questions. The forums is for everyone to have a voice and I don't feel that a special discord is the place for the staff to spend their time. They should be spending it here answering questions.

Again I shouldn't have to ask my guild leader to forward my issues to the staff or constantly ask what was said and not said in the leader chat. I should be able to log on and read it for myself.

Edit: also, while I know it's not true in this case, the idea of staff basically discussing in some form of secrecy in a leader discord could increase the fear in some that the staff only caters to a select few.

Edited by Spoon, 09 March 2018 - 06:33 AM.

#12 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:40 AM

#GoodMorningRestart

Oh wait, RIP.

#13 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

this whole thread so far is the perfect example of why most people don't get listened to

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:47 AM

Everyone can PM campitor. I find the leader chat too offtopic to actually approach camp about anything so I just PM him like a normal user.

Most the time it's some drama anyway. It's not that important. Anyway if anything important actually did come up camp has said "This discussion needs to be on the forums" - infact he said that word for word when people mentioned concerns about how strong acid bomb will be under restart mechanics. 

edit: besides that it's not like the leaders wouldn't talk to eachother anyway, we always have in PMs or whatever and always will, campitor or no campitor.

Edited by Xellie, 09 March 2018 - 07:54 AM.

#15 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

this whole thread so far is the perfect example of why most people don't get listened to

That totes explains why the team is too incompetent to make a basic post responding to or outlining the most burning of questions and instead rely on word of mouth and he said, she said on an unofficial source... It all makes sense now....

Real talk though, if a tree falls in 2005, did it even make a sound?...

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

The current topic in leader chat is my age

Real important server breaking stuff guys

#17 Dorizz633

Dorizz633

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

I mean it is super important thank you for sharing

Edited by Dorizz633, 09 March 2018 - 08:14 AM.

#18 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

We would all rather have all this on the forums, believe me.

We're just running with what we've got right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

I don't want my age discussed on the forums tho

#20 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

I applaud Steph and other guild leaders who are trying to put pressure on the staff, but you are wasting time. Over the past 6 months I’ve been playing this server nothing has been accomplished regarding main player concerns. Even if this discord contained every single guild leader, it is just another platform to be ignored on.

Good luck though. Kiss my ass Warp Portal.

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

I applaud Steph and other guild leaders who are trying to put pressure on the staff, but you are wasting time. Over the past 6 months I’ve been playing this server nothing has been accomplished regarding main player concerns. Even if this discord contained every single guild leader, it is just another platform to be ignored on.

You're not you when you're hungry

#22 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Past 6 months - Lol

Next 6 months - Summer....

GGWP See you next Winter after I 9X my 4 main characters.

#23 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

I feel chosen by the gods. Olympic gods.

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the discord channel. Currently were trying to engage users on various platforms and social media. I can understand your concerns and I want to assure you that this is for feedback gathering. As other users have noted for major changes that users have proposed I have required that it be discussed through the primary communication channel that is the forums. It seems many users have questions that they would like answered and currently we are preparing a data dump of the drops tables, and the package items lists (OCA/OBB/etc). Further more we are planning on hosting a Q&A session for the entire community before the end of the month. Were were currently weighing between a pre scripted Q&A with pre asked questions or a more town hall style with a set date and time.

#25 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the discord channel. Currently were trying to engage users on various platforms and social media. I can understand your concerns and I want to assure you that this is for feedback gathering. As other users have noted for major changes that users have proposed I have required that it be discussed through the primary communication channel that is the forums. It seems many users have questions that they would like answered and currently we are preparing a data dump of the drops tables, and the package items lists (OCA/OBB/etc). Further more we are planning on hosting a Q&A session for the entire community before the end of the month. Were were currently weighing between a pre scripted Q&A with pre asked questions or a more town hall style with a set date and time.

That was a bit too big, here, let's make it right.

taBkwWK.png

Edited by VModMango, 09 March 2018 - 06:32 PM.
obnoxiously large image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users