Recovering items from vault of my deleted guild? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Recovering items from vault of my deleted guild?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Orgnolf

Orgnolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Before we took a break for several months, I created a private guild for a small group of friends of mine.

I used the vault to store various sets of equipment and other items.  

I just found out that said guild is gone now because apparently, if the leader of a guild hasn't logged in for two weeks, they would automatically be evicted from the guild and the next-in-line would be promoted to be the new leader, which would repeat until the guild gets disbanded after reaching 0 members.

From my understanding, this is done to prevent reserving guild names on inactive guilds.

Unfortunately, this also gets rid of all the items stored inside the guild's vault.

Can these items be recovered through any means?
Warpportal support is not an option as the form expects you to have a warpportal account linked to the game, and the 'Item Recovery Request' is not applicable here either.

I still remember the name and icon of the guild, if that helps.

Edit: Does it say anywhere in-game that the leader of a guild gets kicked after two weeks of inactivity?  
If not, please consider adding a warning someplace where people will see it.  

Had I known of this, I could have saved some of the items.

Edited by Orgnolf, 10 March 2018 - 11:03 PM.

#2 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:28 AM

i am not sure about this but i somehow remember something like a mail going out to the leader and the vice or even the entire guild telling about the inactivity of the guild leader.

#3 Orgnolf

Orgnolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

All of us started our inactivity phase at the same time, so that's not a thing we would have seen anyway.

#4 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

as far as I know the leadership is transferred to the next in line most active member and if all of you were inactive... then the guild dies. 

#5 Orgnolf

Orgnolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

I know, that's what I found out about yesterday, as I have already mentioned in my original post.  

What I would like to know is if those items can be restored through some means.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:44 AM

You're gonna have to use the support system to get things like these resolved. I don't quite understand what you mean by not being able to use it, but if you don't have a warpportal account just put something else in that specific field and then explain why you did that in the ticket.

#7 Orgnolf

Orgnolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Just found out that there is an ID attached to my steam-login which I could find on the account info page on the main site, so I'll try the support now.

Thanks for that info.

#8 Orgnolf

Orgnolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Support got back to me quicker than I had anticipated.

They cannot recover items lost due to guild inactivity.

At least everyone reading this can save themselves and the support some time and not repeat this mistake, should they decide to take a long break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users