28 replies to this topic

#1 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

Been running into quite a bit of it this week. Seems like some people really enjoy trying to get others killed on purpose.

Mostly Suras, obviously, just dragging big groups and dumping them on people. (And no, not dragging back to their group, they had no one with them)

Always like this or have I just been really unlucky recently? Haven't been farming the place for very long.

Was even the target of a whole new low this evening. Some cat came up to me and tried to guild invite me thrice.

Declined of course. Then they proceeded to attempt to train me like the others. Got mad? Or was trying to disrupt with guild invites? I'll never know...

ffs humanity, you suck.

Edited by Ilindith, 13 March 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#2 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Guild invite... thats new. 

#3 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, and there's no command to auto-decline guild invites AFAIK. Party invites can be auto-declined with /refuse. I've been on the receiving end of both kinds of invite spam sparingly in the past, but I'm almost never guildless lately. The obvious solution that you shouldn't need to resort to would be to make/join a guild. Shouldn't have to, but people are petty and rude. :v

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Or join a clan, cause you can't be in a guild when you're in a clan either, and it gives stat buffs. One party uses their sura tank to auto-pneuma so genes can't compete on the mvp too. Kinda annoying.

#5 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

If you are experiencing issues with another player, please be sure to turn the replay option on in game to record the ill mannered behaviors. Screenshots are often not enough to prove intent of ill-mannered actions so having a recording a GM will be able to play back will help them in assessing the problem.

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Eh, support team is pretty bad when it comes to dealing with ill-mannered activity tho.

#7 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Eh, support team is pretty bad when it comes to dealing with ill-mannered activity tho.

If you ever feel the team isn't living up to expectations, Xealot is our appointed GM Liason who can help resolve issues. Toss him a PM if you feel something isn't being handled properly.

#8 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

this kind of trade / invite / bs happened to me when i was still camping mvp, 

made my character stopped walking, losing my focus etc   :heh:

Edited by Silvianna, 13 March 2018 - 05:22 PM.

#9 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

If you ever feel the team isn't living up to expectations, Xealot is our appointed GM Liason who can help resolve issues. Toss him a PM if you feel something isn't being handled properly.

Last active 5 days ago though. Is it possible to ask a Vmod to inform him/her once we send them a PM? 

Cause the griefer can do a lot of griefing in a week.

#10 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

I will poke the staff to see what is up. Apparently they're suffering from Office Plague right now and many people are out sick. It's possible he was out for the weekend + sickdays this week. =(

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Forums are places where you can get pats on your back. They probably wont do anything and those people are smart ones lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 March 2018 - 07:46 PM.

#12 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

I will poke the staff to see what is up. Apparently they're suffering from Office Plague right now and many people are out sick. It's possible he was out for the weekend + sickdays this week. =(

Oh no. Hope they get well soon. Sickness gets spread at the office easily.. especially over the photocopy machine!

Btw I went bio5 briefly today, I can say there's a ton lot of people there?

#13 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:58 AM

It was a cat. So it's not human.

There should be a /ng command just like no trade or just take every measure possible. Join a guild, join/create a party, no trade. Anything else to add?

#14 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:14 AM

im not acting like an ass, but for the guild invite thing, it might help to make your own alt guild to avoid this as a band aid fix for now. unless for some reason you like being guildless

although for the other reason i do agree, humanity sucks balls

edit: welp double checked, this was already suggested. apologies, im growing old

Edited by DarkOrinus, 14 March 2018 - 06:20 AM.

#15 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

Hope they feel better, it's not cool to be sick lol. Feels like death is creeping near XD

To get back on track, 

People cannot be that petty to do something like that. Like you have to be very sad to do that just for the sole purpose of hogging a whole ass dungeon. =_=

#16 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

Last active 5 days ago though.

I asked Camp last night and indeed Xealot is one of the Plague victims. Hopefully the team will bounce back soon and things will get on track. Still, any issues sent to him will be handled, it just will take some extra time.

#17 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

From what I've seen most suras just cant tank more than 1 or 2 monster at a time with their parties so just avoid moving toward those parties. What probably needs to happen is disabling sentimental fragments because there are some people soloing on warlock and gene specifically those two classes that will teleport away from any mob of archer and holy class and will dump them on anyone just to get to the juicy RK or WL. It is possible that might have happened and someone got pissed off. If the sentimental fragments were to be disabled, it would make it harder to grief because you can see everyone at the entrance. It's probably the only solution if you want to force people to play nice or catch griefers.

#18 peepeepee

peepeepee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

From what I've seen most suras just cant tank more than 1 or 2 monster at a time with their parties so just avoid moving toward those parties. What probably needs to happen is disabling sentimental fragments because there are some people soloing on warlock and gene specifically those two classes that will teleport away from any mob of archer and holy class and will dump them on anyone just to get to the juicy RK or WL. It is possible that might have happened and someone got pissed off. If the sentimental fragments were to be disabled, it would make it harder to grief because you can see everyone at the entrance. It's probably the only solution if you want to force people to play nice or catch griefers.

You've probably never even used a sentimental fragment. If you did, you'd know the re-use timer on the fragment is much longer than the grace period prior to teleporting. In other words, you get 1 chance to wing safely, or you're forced to bwing/die.

Edited by peepeepee, 14 March 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#19 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

the cooldown is like 4 seconds.. it's not that long with 2 secs of immunity.

Everyone who has seen me in bio5 knows my party clears the whole map. 100% every corner every inch without using any camping or exploits so I know what im talking about.

Edited by stoenr, 14 March 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#20 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

before this thread gets derailed lets remember its about griefers dumping mobs on other players and the ways to directly resolve this.

#21 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Or join a clan, cause you can't be in a guild when you're in a clan either, and it gives stat buffs. One party uses their sura tank to auto-pneuma so genes can't compete on the mvp too. Kinda annoying.

this kind of trade / invite / bs happened to me when i was still camping mvp

made my character stopped walking, losing my focus etc   :heh:

That's the funny part. I'm not even messing with MVPs, just some random dude killing whatever regular mobs he can find one by one.

Oh no. Hope they get well soon. Sickness gets spread at the office easily.. especially over the photocopy machine!

Btw I went bio5 briefly today, I can say there's a ton lot of people there?

I see a few players around every time I go there. But I honestly never really explore the whole map so there's probably more I just don't see. Still not doing all that good in there yet so I don't go far and move very very very slowly and carefully.

im not acting like an ass, but for the guild invite thing, it might help to make your own alt guild to avoid this as a band aid fix for now. unless for some reason you like being guildless

although for the other reason i do agree, humanity sucks balls

edit: welp double checked, this was already suggested. apologies, im growing old

Not really any particular reason outside not really interacting much with anyone in game. I just don't have one  :heh:

As I mentionned, no groups anywhere around. One time I was literally up those sets of 2 cells large stairs and I could see the guy pulling stuff in the room below. Then he just snapped his way up and dumped it all on me.

#22 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Better record everything, and send the ticket to WP. If a different player comes, send a ticket too, send a ticket, make it full of tickets. 

Edit: It doesnt surprise me the censorship.

Edited by S207, 14 March 2018 - 12:53 PM.

#23 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

That's the funny part. I'm not even messing with MVPs, just some random dude killing whatever regular mobs he can find one by one.

I see a few players around every time I go there. But I honestly never really explore the whole map so there's probably more I just don't see. Still not doing all that good in there yet so I don't go far and move very very very slowly and carefully.

Not really any particular reason outside not really interacting much with anyone in game. I just don't have one  :heh:

As I mentionned, no groups anywhere around. One time I was literally up those sets of 2 cells large stairs and I could see the guy pulling stuff in the room below. Then he just snapped his way up and dumped it all on me.

There might have been a stationary party that you didn't see yet and the sura ran out of mental strength. If thats not the case then my theory is another soloer pissed that sura off when he was soloing on his killer and he was trying to get revenge but you were in his path. It might take a little work but the best way to avoid drama and cheapskates is to clear one of the corners out and camp there not going to far but stay away from the sides because the repawns are very hot.

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

Better record everything, and send the ticket to WP. If a different player comes, send a ticket too, send a ticket, make it full of tickets. 

Edit: It doesnt surprise me the censorship.

Hello,

Your report/post has been removed by the staff. You should be contacted soon.

Please in future do not re-post a PM/ticket details in public, also that specific issue/report handling is not appropriate for this topic. What happens between a user and the GM staff is confidential.

Let's stay on topic and not derail this further.

#25 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Hope he/she gets well soon. And please don't :P I use sentimental/bwing tactic when im in a sticky situation. 

I need those frags!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users