• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

re: Imperial Glove and cool down. If imp feather + imp glove gives 2 second global aftercast delay then anyone could use it to get a ridiculous DPS increase, which in some cases would be better than 90% aftercast delay. 

Remember, anyone can use those two pieces of gear, they're not locked to just RG. 

I just realized this. Although, WP could simply make Imperial Glove RG exclusive. Its current description is most likely wrong in the first place.

there is a new ocp item for RG, included in april 2018 box

item01.jpg

Crown of The Phoenix

sum it up

- maxhp+ 10%, var cast time -10%, overbrand damage + 10% , fixed casting of overbrand -100%

- if King's Grace lv 5, Inspiration cooldown -10 secs

- if Moon Slasher lv 5, overbrand variable casting time -1 sec

- if Vanguard Force lv 5, maxhp +10%, maxsp+10%, def+150, mdef+15

- if the headgear +7, var cast time -5%, overbrand damage + 15%

- if the headgear +9, additional cast time -5%, overbrand damage +25%

- if the headgear +10, ignores mdef/def of all races by 100%

90% of the benefits of this hat is either meh, redundant or doesn't apply. (compared to +14 Old Casket).

the only thing good going here is the 100% def bypass.

A customized Imperial Glove and the arrival of Imperial Feather are more important IMO.

#2 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

While I wouldn't shed a tear at the gear being class specific when it releases, I do prefer them being open to all classes. It's infuriating how many good options are closed off to, say, bow-chasers because the bow in question is designated as ranger or performer only. It just means more options and more unique builds. 

The only customizations I can recall are:

1) temporary fix for CHB which was reverted, to make it work as intended

2) assigning mandatory slot for 1-slot only accessories

3) nerfing excelion shield to uselessness and nerfing enforcer boots partially

Am I forgetting any? 

magician's gloves
BSG
Enforcer Shoes

#3 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Huh? Did the posts get removed from the thread?

I listed Enforcer Shoes in my post, and Magician Glove and Blacksmith Glove both were reverted to work in PVP/WoE since they were only ever made such because WP thought the intention was to not work on players. That was changed once it was made apparently to WP that it was supposed to work on players. 

#4 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

Huh? Did the posts get removed from the thread?

I listed Enforcer Shoes in my post, and Magician Glove and Blacksmith Glove both were reverted to work in PVP/WoE since they were only ever made such because WP thought the intention was to not work on players. That was changed once it was made apparently to WP that it was supposed to work on players. 

No. I just wanted further discussions made here.

the fact of the matter remains. They got customized/changed to suit better in iRO.

and theres a lot of them.

You know theres a saying..

if there's a will, there's a way. If there's none, there's so many excuses.

jut admit it, you are simply against buffing Overbrand.

Edited by awesomegeek, 14 March 2018 - 09:19 AM.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

I just realized this. Although, WP could simply make Imperial Glove RG exclusive. Its current description is most likely wrong in the first place.

90% of the benefits of this hat is either meh, redundant or doesn't apply. (compared to +14 Old Casket).

the only thing good going here is the 100% def bypass.

A customized Imperial Glove and the arrival of Imperial Feather are more important IMO.

Still better than all headgears for RG right now I think. This headgear is used until you reach lvl 170 to use Old casket.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

jut admit it, you are simply against buffing Overbrand.

I'm not your enemy -- If the gear is made RG only, then I see no major problem, though I personally find the solution to be inelegant. 

This is of course all a hypothetical argument because the gear was meant to be a cooldown reduction on jRO. Sapphire wrist did not reduce fixed cast time of Acid Bomb, it kept the (useless) variable cast time portion. I imagine same will happen here -- the gear will keep it's (useless) cool down reduction. 

If the aftercast delay is customized to be global, then my issue isn't that it buffs overbrand -- my issue is that it buffs every other skill that's dependent on aftercast delay. I thought I had made this part obvious in my previous posts, but I guess I was not clear. So let's make it obvious -- my issue is that now people will have 3+ kiel's worth of effect from 1 accessory and 1 mid-headgear (which is already a great mid-headgear on its own). 

If it buffed overbrand and overbrand only, then I would have an easier time leveling my own RG which has been sitting at level 13x since forever. I don't argue from my personal benefit, if I did, I'd be pushing for every OP piece of garbage that jRO wants to send us from start to finish. Instead, from the very beginning, I have advocated being moderate in our desire to get imbalanced cash shop gear.

This isn't a game of me versus you, dude. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 14 March 2018 - 11:00 AM.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

I'm not your enemy -- If the gear is made RG only, then I see no major problem, though I personally find the solution to be inelegant. 

This is of course all a hypothetical argument because the gear was meant to be a cooldown reduction on jRO. Sapphire wrist did not reduce fixed cast time of Acid Bomb, it kept the (useless) variable cast time portion. I imagine same will happen here -- the gear will keep it's (useless) cool down reduction. 

If the aftercast delay is customized to be global, then my issue isn't that it buffs overbrand -- my issue is that it buffs every other skill that's dependent on aftercast delay. I thought I had made this part obvious in my previous posts, but I guess I was not clear. So let's make it obvious -- my issue is that now people will have 3+ kiel's worth of effect from 1 accessory and 1 mid-headgear (which is already a great mid-headgear on its own). 

If it buffed overbrand and overbrand only, then I would have an easier time leveling my own RG which has been sitting at level 13x since forever. I don't argue from my personal benefit, if I did, I'd be pushing for every OP piece of garbage that jRO wants to send us from start to finish. Instead, from the very beginning, I have advocated being moderate in our desire to get imbalanced cash shop gear.

First of all, I'm not against buffing and nerfing RG but Im gonna leave my thought here that you cant really compare Imperial feather to Sapphire wrist though. Even Sapphire wrist is not working as it's meant to be from jRO, Gen is still the top dog. RG is different. This class is an underdog. Even mentioned on your post that you left him rotten at 13x because yes ... RG is lol compared to other classes. On a bright side, RG is still better than Wandy where no one talks about buffing this class because people dont play anymore lol

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

It's not about strength or efficacy to me, it's about enjoying the style. I 175'd my mech with an axe build doing 30k axe-tornados with just the weapon from verus because I like that concept of play, I didn't for my RG because I disliked that concept of play (OB + CS). Basically, it's not about which is stronger, since before when I 175'd my phys-RK, it was doing less damage with IB than my RG was with OB. Actually, even now my RG can probably outdamage my RK if I put on the imperial stuff. Likewise, I 175d my shadow chaser but I do not go to WoE or PVP, I just liked the bow build and it was my first 3rd class, so I wanted to max him out as a personal accomplishment. I play whatever class based on if I like the class concept at the time. 

My point in comparing Sapphire wrist was that it also has a left over script from jRO that worked there but doesn't work here because our mechanics are different. I'd say that's perfectly comparable to Imperial Glove giving cooldown, especially because there is literally no game-system/mechanic for skill specific after-cast delay. 

I get it, it's your favorite class and you want it to be buffed. Go ahead, ask away, I'm not the one who makes these decisions -- I'm just sharing my opinion. My first few posts only warned that if it's a global aftercast delay that all can use, you'll be buffing other classes more than you'll be buffing RG. 

Not that I'll ultimately care much either way, I have one of nearly every class, so no matter what it works on -- I stand to benefit. 

EDIT: clarifications and typos. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 14 March 2018 - 11:40 AM.

#9 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

​this novel you wrote can simply be avoided by simply making Imperial Glove RG exclusive.

​You are missing the point of the accessory. It was scripted by jRO with the intention of spamming Overbrand. It just happens to be skill cooldown as one of the obstacle in doing so. If jRO's OB had GSD, then you'd see imperial glove as such.

AND,, all this drama wouldn't be necessary if you weren't anti RG.

#10 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

I gave genuine effort to communicate with you, with some degree of respect.

I see that was a mistake.

#11 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

In regards to the Imperial Feather description, before I stopped helping I had already surmised that there is no skill specific delay reduction command, it seemed like there was due to how Google Translate worded the effects, but it turns out that they both meant the same thing, i.e. delay and cooldown from a jRO item only meant cooldown when mentioning specific skills. So the Imperial Set cannot do what you want it to do, nor will it ever sadly.

Actual cast delay reduction can only be done globally.

​that's the nail in the coffin. LOL.

​guess I'd have to spend $$$ to get me 2 Kiels.

​how about the other stuff? Which one is true?

​+20% OB damage
+20% Range damage for OB & CS max levels
​+30% Cannon Spear damage

​+20% OB damage
+20% melee damage for OB & CS max levels.
​+20% more Cannon Spear damage?

Thanks.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

​that's the nail in the coffin. LOL.

​guess I'd have to spend $$$ to get me 2 Kiels.

​how about the other stuff? Which one is true?

​+20% OB damage
+20% Range damage

for OB & CS max levels

​+30% Cannon Spear damage

​+20% OB damage
+20% melee damage for OB & CS max levels.
​+20% more Cannon Spear damage?

Thanks.

OB is never a good skill imo even with 2 Kiel’s. Also you can get 2 Kiel’s with String. Make sure to bring an alt String or go with a party. The problem with OB is it misses, it bugs sometimes, it also pushes mobs, and it also has a slow anime.

Even with 2 Kiel’s, I would still use VP/CS combo and outdamage OB.

#13 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

i agree 
+1

Still better than all headgears for RG right now I think. This headgear is used until you reach lvl 170 to use Old casket.

#14 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

OB is never a good skill imo even with 2 Kiel’s. Also you can get 2 Kiel’s with String. Make sure to bring an alt String or go with a party. The problem with OB is it misses, it bugs sometimes, it also pushes mobs, and it also has a slow anime.

Even with 2 Kiel’s, I would still use VP/CS combo and outdamage OB.

LOL. I saw your damage in Bio5 with your spear type and string.

​You were doing 500k OB on Geneticist monster and 400K on RG monster.

​Although you were wearing 2 Megs, your old casket was just +8 and were wearing Kardui armor and FAW of Shooter.

​I think you'd be doing 700K with Abusive Robe, a Valk Manteu of Power, +14 Old Casket, BSG, and if Imperial Glove adds 40% damage bonus.

Edited by awesomegeek, 14 March 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

LOL. I saw your damage in Bio5 with your spear type and string.

​You were doing 500k OB on Geneticist monster and 400K on RG monster.

​Although you were wearing 2 Megs, your old casket was just +8 and were wearing Kardui armor and FAW of Shooter.

​I think you'd be doing 700K with Abusive Robe, a Valk Manteu of Power, +14 Old Casket, BSG, and if Imperial Glove adds 40% damage bonus.

I can test it later too but I think VP/CS is still better :P

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 March 2018 - 02:23 PM.

#16 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

I can test it later too but I think VP/CS is still better :P

by the way, I tested +7 Gelerdria 3AKs vs +12 Crimson Lance 2 racial cards (equivalent to +15 Crimson Spear).

I did 50K more Overbrand damage on Gelerdria. At +9, theres 20% more damage bonus. so imagine a +12 Gelerdria. :D plus the 50% more damage on Water and Wind type monsters.

Theres 3 wind and 2 water monsters in Bio5 If im not mistaken.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

by the way, I tested +7 Gelerdria 3AKs vs +12 Crimson Lance 2 racial cards (equivalent to +15 Crimson Spear).

I did 50K more Overbrand damage on Gelerdria. At +9, theres 20% more damage bonus. so imagine a +12 Gelerdria. :D plus the 50% more damage on Water and Wind type monsters.

Did you test this too  :pif:

ZbacSCk.png

#18 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Correct, 3 winds are :

Ranger Cecil Damon, Wanderer Trentini and Maestro Alphoccio Basil

2 Water are :

Mechanic Howard Alteisen and Sura Chen Lio

#19 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:36 AM

in my imagination of buffing and spamming OB is for killing MVPs or boss protocol (bio5) since they are immune to knock back but i can do CS and VP to death which is more efficient. suggesting to buff VP instead of OB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users