Abyss Dress' effects to Game Discussion #SkyFortress #EndlessTower - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Abyss Dress' effects to Game Discussion #SkyFortress #EndlessTower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

For 5.5b dress you'll be the one to judge if it's worth investing. I'd say it is very cheap and affordable. Get one if you can before it's gone. As I already said before, I speculate that this dress will be around 10b'ish as an equilibrium price due to its rarity and OPness.

I am dumb with game mechanisms, so I cant really help much when people ask me if this dress is good for RGs, so I simply went to test it in Sky fortress to see the actual numbers/differences. I can tell that this armor outplays my +13 Abusive Dex3/Str by miles when it comes to Demon/Undead monsters. The downside is it is not slotted. This dress is for pure offensive ie if you have someone to tank for you mainly.

Abyss Dress in Sky Fortress

Abyss Dress in Endless Tower

With this armor, you will do ET easily even if you're an inexperienced noob like me.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 March 2018 - 02:28 PM.

#2 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

There are a lot of ppls who have spent hundreds of dollars on OCP and failed to get even one Abyss Dress. Its a very good item but its still a big question whether its worth getting it with this level of rarity.

#3 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

simi-related, is there a CD associated with the vip-skyfortress ticket purchase? only used my free ticket for first time completion so far.

#4 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

one thing you should consider getting this robe,

most of instance bosses in future update are demon race  :heh:

#5 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

Future Nightmare OGH will be too easy with this dress  :heh: 

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

Future Nightmare OGH will be too easy with this dress  :heh:

Yeah but if you solo, you might die sometimes. I dont know how hard NOGH mobs hit. If I solo, I might use Tao Abusive to play safe. Stefan didnt hit me a lot at all but all the damage I took was from Inspiration reflect. If he actually hit back, I could of died already hahaha. Therefore, I might prefer Tao Abusive in NOGH to be safe xD

But if I go with a part like, I have a Sura to tank, definitely go full retarded lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 March 2018 - 07:43 AM.

#7 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

Abyss Dress and Heaven Dress are the BIS.. for PVM.

But in PVP/WOE, its no brainer Abusive Robe is king. but then... what is pvp and woe? LMAO

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:17 AM

Abyss Dress and Heaven Dress are the BIS.. for PVM.

But in PVP/WOE, its no brainer Abusive Robe is king. but then... what is pvp and woe? LMAO

About WoE, my latest WoE video before I quit WoE again, surprisingly, I actually used WoE set and already killed people.

Abusive robe is nice but with all OP OCP gears (Mob and BSG) and new Bio5 headgear enchant, you and right stats to reap most benefits from gears, you can actually one shot Tao SC/Tanker with WoE set + Inspiration or two shots without Inspiration.

Using Abusive robe is just over kill at a trade off of your being glass cannon. Over kill and one/two shot = Rekt = same result.

Pretty much the same comparison of Aby dress (Kill) and Gloom Abusive robe (Over kill)  :rice:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 March 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#9 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

you and your Acute lvl8!

not every one has that let alone lvl5! LOLS.

your EB RG will be even be more OP with gambler's seal by the way.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

It was only lvl 5. No more zeny to get to lvl 10. I never got a chance to use level 8 in WoE  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#11 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

I couldn't +9 mine yesterday, but at +7 it already surpassed FDA's damage on Bijou for my Gene. Probably won't be this great on my Warlocks at +7 because of the +150/+32% MATK from Flattery with Amdarais. I hope I can upgrade it to +9 this weekend and I might make a few replays.

There are a lot of ppls who have spent hundreds of dollars on OCP and failed to get even one Abyss Dress. Its a very good item but its still a big question whether its worth getting it with this level of rarity.

It IS worthy at this pricing level. Hell, even at 10B it should be worth it, if you have this much zeny! It's a 120 DEF armor with a "Sealed NAR" Card plus a "Sealed Gloom" Card plus an RSX Card and a Bathory Card! What else would you want in a single item? If you're a gambling maniac, it's just one more case. Also, this box have Marty Pervert Perverse Demon Mask which is worth a decent amount of zeny, so it's not a do-or-die case.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 16 March 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#12 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

for some ppl, it probably better buying gloom card compared to this

people who have insanely bad luck on boxes, that couldn't find 1 even opening 1 thousand of box

#13 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

hate to ask a noob question but how are u guys getting your gear from 4-7 without enriched event? or are u guys that confident>.< what am i missing here

#14 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

hate to ask a noob question but how are u guys getting your gear from 4-7 without enriched event? or are u guys that confident>.< what am i missing here

noone would risk a 4b+ item like that 

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

hate to ask a noob question but how are u guys getting your gear from 4-7 without enriched event? or are u guys that confident>.< what am i missing here-

'-

#16 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

You use Safe to +7 Cert :3

I wasnt aware they could be used outside the hammer event >.< I swear theirs so much info about this game I did not know unless someone randomly brings it up....which would save me so much time in the past

Edited by BoyAtlas, 16 March 2018 - 05:07 PM.

#17 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Safe to 7 and Blacksmith's Blessing. :P

Against Air Fortress mobs: https://www.divine-p...y/download/1170

Against Stephen Jack Earnst Wolf: https://www.divine-p...y/download/1171

BTW, just recorded a couple replays. ~25% damage increase compared to +13 VIT5 Flattery with Amdarais Card. I wasn't expecting a ridiculously higher increase, but I was expecting more...

Edited by Kusanagisama, 16 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#18 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

Safe to 7 and Blacksmith's Blessing. :P

BTW, just recorded a couple replays. ~25% damage increase compared to +13 VIT5 Flattery with Amdarais Card. I wasn't expecting a ridiculously higher increase, but I was expecting more...

at +9 right?

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

It would be at +7 for 25%, +9 is 40%. Also it isn't a Sealed anything armor, It is 40/50 compared to NAR, and it is on par with Gloom, just trade in Holy/Angel for Undead/Undead.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

+9. Just posted the replays. NOT on par with Gloom/NAR because, for obvious reasons, you can't get the benefits from the armor you'd put that card on. Also, 40/40% vs. 50/50% is a "Sealed-class nerf". Still OP AF, kinda disapointing, but don't forget that the alternative was an MVP Carded almost-perfect enchanted Flattery Robe. Also, VM Rod helped with the diminishing returns, but still... was expecting more, because it's an MVP against which both effects work.

EDIT: Reposting replay links.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 16 March 2018 - 05:18 PM.

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

I wasnt aware they could be used outside the hammer event >.< I swear theirs so much info about this game I did not know unless someone randomly brings it up....which would save me so much time in the past

:3

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

+9. Just posted the replays. NOT on par with Gloom/NAR because, for obvious reasons, you can't get the benefits from the armor you'd put that card on. Also, 40/40% vs. 50/50% is a "Sealed-class nerf". Still OP AF, kinda disapointing, but don't forget that the alternative was an MVP Carded almost-perfect enchanted Flattery Robe. Also, VM Rod helped with the diminishing returns, but still... was expecting more, because it's an MVP against which both effects work.

EDIT: Reposting replay links.

As I said, completely on par with Gloom. Every item is situational, but the trade off here for gloom is a better combination of races and attributes. It's NOT as good as NAR, since you CAN put it in something to boost it even more; and, the card gives 10% more of it's effect; but this most definitely has damaged Gloom for the most part.

#23 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

This thread should be in Community Chat... shouldn't have been moved. I would like to have a general, as wide as possible (class wise) discussion on this item...

I agree with the NAR part still forming my opinion about Gloom part, though.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 16 March 2018 - 06:02 PM.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Next OCP ... Nightmare Abyss Dress ... Wait for it :heh: 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 March 2018 - 06:10 PM.

#25 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Abyss is not that great for magic users. At least not when you're as buffed as my warlocks are. It's only better when the monster is UNDEAD/UNDEAD, UNDEAD/SHADOW (who?), DEMON/SHADOW, DEMON/UNDEAD. And not that great in the end, might be 25~35% better. I was hoping for at least 40%. For all other combinations, my Flattery is better. A monster with a single of these races or properties, will take less damage.

I'll have a better look at how good it goes with my gene later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users