Abyss Dress' effects to Game Discussion #SkyFortress #EndlessTower - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Abyss Dress' effects to Game Discussion #SkyFortress #EndlessTower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#26 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Abyss is not that great for magic users. At least not when you're as buffed as my warlocks are. It's only better when the monster is UNDEAD/UNDEAD, UNDEAD/SHADOW (who?), DEMON/SHADOW, DEMON/UNDEAD. And not that great in the end, might be 25~35% better. I was hoping for at least 40%. For all other combinations, my Flattery is better. A monster with a single of these races or properties, will take less damage.

I'll have a better look at how good it goes with my gene later.

You are comparing a well enchanted and refined flattery robe with an Amdarais though, of course 40% in a single section will not top it. The power comes from the combination of hitting BOTH situations, by this point it then applies a HUGE boost. As I said though, you are more likely to find Demon/Shadow/Undead/Undead combos than you ever would Demon/Shadow/Angel/Holy. At least the Abyss dress tends to synchronize with a large portion of today's instances and enemies.

If you had a Nightmare Amon Ra in the same Flattery as Amdarais, then it will top it even IF it only ticks one of the boxes, because it's 50% in something you most likely won't have versus 15% in somewhere where the average user stacks 60%+ of in existing gears.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 16 March 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#27 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:12 AM

This thread should be in Community Chat... shouldn't have been moved. I would like to have a general, as wide as possible (class wise) discussion on this item...

I agree with the NAR part still forming my opinion about Gloom part, though.

The first post seems to be focused on RG game-play with the OCP item hence it was moved to the Swordsman section.

For this time only, topic is moved back to Community Chat, in future please use the Report button for a faster resolution.

#28 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Thank you Cinnamon. You can be nice sometimes ^_^

Also I did ET with this dress last night. I say, Demon/Undead MvPs are jokes  :heh:

#29 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Not sure why ppl still trying to compare.

Gloom is a card.

Abyss dress is no slot armor.

#30 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Very much joke in ET when you wear this  :heh: . For it being powerful, I think it does deserve the price tag of 4b+ 

But it pains my heart to see how people can easily get 10-20b from just opening OCP. The rate of return from OCP is ridiculous with this box. Back then all the item are 1-1.5b when the box was still inside. You have to be lucky to even get multiples to get 5b.

Now its bam, 1 item and you'll get 5b. Kinda demotivates those who farm real hard for their zeny.

I'm happy that the item came, I'm happy that PvM is easier but I still can't wrap myself on how easy it has become getting zeny via cash shop these days. 

I understand the price tag for this item but I guess at this rate, people will start to expect 4-5b from the rarest item in all upcoming OCP. Tengu hit 3b+ after its been out of box for so long but this is still 4-5b while the box is available.

TLDR: Item worth 4-5.5b? YES. Is it a good indicator of how expensive OCP items will be in the future, Probably. Even when the item isn't as OP as Abyss dress, people might ask for significantly higher price. 

PS: Just my own thoughts, which may be a bit bias since recently Enforcer Shoe's price is crap and Survivor shoes is still below 1b. But seeing something jump from 1 to 5 suddenly... really scares me. 

#31 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

You are comparing a well enchanted and refined flattery robe with an Amdarais though, of course 40% in a single section will not top it. The power comes from the combination of hitting BOTH situations, by this point it then applies a HUGE boost. As I said though, you are more likely to find Demon/Shadow/Undead/Undead combos than you ever would Demon/Shadow/Angel/Holy. At least the Abyss dress tends to synchronize with a large portion of today's instances and enemies.

If you had a Nightmare Amon Ra in the same Flattery as Amdarais, then it will top it even IF it only ticks one of the boxes, because it's 50% in something you most likely won't have versus 15% in somewhere where the average user stacks 60%+ of in existing gears.

You're right. I'm still collecting data and will post the most relevant later. For the regular player it should add much more. Also, as I said, my VM Rods greatly contribute for the diminishing return. With +15 Crimson, the boost is better than that.

The first post seems to be focused on RG game-play with the OCP item hence it was moved to the Swordsman section.

For this time only, topic is moved back to Community Chat, in future please use the Report button for a faster resolution.

Thank you, Cinnamon. I didn't think the Report button could be used for that. Dumb me...

#32 3175130714085647050

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

Chakry , i know you love hoarding. Please buy more at eden. I need fast zeny. 

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:12 AM

Chakry , i know you love hoarding. Please buy more at eden. I need fast zeny. 

I dont really hoard becasue there will always be better items in the future lol

I only have 3 Aby dresses. One for Chakri #1. One for Chakri #3. One for Chakri #5 my baby Guard :3

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

Very much joke in ET when you wear this  :heh: . For it being powerful, I think it does deserve the price tag of 4b+ 

But it pains my heart to see how people can easily get 10-20b from just opening OCP. The rate of return from OCP is ridiculous with this box. Back then all the item are 1-1.5b when the box was still inside. You have to be lucky to even get multiples to get 5b.

Now its bam, 1 item and you'll get 5b. Kinda demotivates those who farm real hard for their zeny.

I'm happy that the item came, I'm happy that PvM is easier but I still can't wrap myself on how easy it has become getting zeny via cash shop these days. 

I understand the price tag for this item but I guess at this rate, people will start to expect 4-5b from the rarest item in all upcoming OCP. Tengu hit 3b+ after its been out of box for so long but this is still 4-5b while the box is available.

TLDR: Item worth 4-5.5b? YES. Is it a good indicator of how expensive OCP items will be in the future, Probably. Even when the item isn't as OP as Abyss dress, people might ask for significantly higher price. 

PS: Just my own thoughts, which may be a bit bias since recently Enforcer Shoe's price is crap and Survivor shoes is still below 1b. But seeing something jump from 1 to 5 suddenly... really scares me. 

The problem with this is because ... low supply of Aby dress and zeny inflation. 

Everyone farms zeny but few people are willing to spend $$$ out of their wallets. Best thing you can do is buy WPE codes from less-informed players who are willing to sell 1k for less than 450m.

For future references, WP should really consider allowing one instance per account i.e NOGH every 3 days cooldown every account (not every character). If people want to farm faster with more than one account, buy VIP for the 2nd account and support the game. This will slow down market saturation. Players will do instances at a slow rate but consistently. They wont feel like they're doing chores anymore because they wont have to do 9+ chars per day just to try to control the market then get bored because instance loots lose the values.

#35 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

GDI Chakri, please distribute your wealth and fortunes to nearest charity house  :p_love:

#36 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

I dont really hoard becasue there will always be better items in the future lol

I only have 3 Aby dresses. One for Chakri #1. One for Chakri #3. One for Chakri #5 my baby Guard :3

3 Abyss.. Okay, I know who to ask when I wanna borrow one if I still can't by then end of the month.  :heh:

Ash, anything u need for me to offer for my bad RNG?

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

3 Abyss.. Okay, I know who to ask when I wanna borrow one if I still can't by then end of the month.  :heh:

Ash, anything u need for me to offer for my bad RNG?

Ash has quit for a while, forums too.

#38 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Request for new video pls. Ogh no mvp, no gods, no ocp.

#39 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

Ash has quit for a while, forums too.

I'll go to the 2nd in charge then. at least from RNG mechanics terms. Nirvana, anything?  :p_sad:

#40 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

I'll go to the 2nd in charge then. at least from RNG mechanics terms. Nirvana, anything?  :p_sad:

I got nothing.

#41 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1229 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

I think abyss dress have a direct impact in one of the best way to gather zeny trough in-game means, that would be 16.1 robes, i don't have much time or energy to do several instances with multiple chars thats why the only thing i've bothered doing these days was 16.1 dailies and now i feel like this wont do it anymore, if people expect high zeny rewards from ocp's and now that they got an OP robe that already beats the robes in relevant content, as well as being way easier to get the bonus by the +9 refine requirement only, if that trend continues and we get similar dresses, there goes another relevant in-game item, left to be forgotten as many others.

#42 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

its enabling a lot of people who started iRO in the past 5 years to take part in relevant endgame content tho, the fact that zeny isnt worth anything hits those people hard because honestly, leveling chars is p much costing you a -_-ton of money compared to the crap you get even if you loot every single item thats dropped in the process, it doesnt even cover for the pots you use. So praying for RNGsus in an OCP like this enables them to be relevant in ET for example and not be someone that has to beg his guild to be dragged through it.

Only way to make a lot of zeny through ingame means is either pray for an MvP card, but outside MvPs are perm camped so pray harder for those instance MvPs. Or to be poor til you make an acc with 11 GX and cycle them through instances, which is boring as -_- and feels more like work. Might as well do a job for 12bucks an hour and buy WPE, gets you a lot more out of your time.

#43 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1229 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

5 years playing the game, most of my income came from after 16.1 release, got lucky getting perfect enchants in a robe and i can barely get a single OP OCP item, now even if i continue doing this im sure ill never be able to keep up, and i can't rely on getting lucky most of the time i hate getting lucky it just feels disgusting, i liked 16.1 dailies because its one of the few consistent zeny farming you can do atm, i got to play in this server exactly because i felt like you actually got rewarded for playing, and you could make consistent income, since my previous server was a cash shop -_-fest, one could only do stuff in the game if you consistently payed for it, now i feel like iRO is going trough that route, which is kinda sad.

#44 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Now its bam, 1 item and you'll get 5b. [...]

I remember buying my Tengu Set for 1.7 B (1B for mask 700M for scroll), but back in the day, WPE cost wat? 200M = 1K? 230M = 1K? If you make the conversion, it's something like 2.2 B for mask and 1.6 B for scroll now. But what would be the solution for this? Well, I have an idea, but I'm VERY afraid of voicing it...

For future references, WP should really consider allowing one instance per account i.e NOGH every 3 days cooldown every account (not every character). If people want to farm faster with more than one account, buy VIP for the 2nd account and support the game. This will slow down market saturation. Players will do instances at a slow rate but consistently. They wont feel like they're doing chores anymore because they wont have to do 9+ chars per day just to try to control the market then get bored because instance loots lose the values.

This looks great, despite most veterans having a lot of accounts, it would greatly cripple everybody's farming capacity. Mine included, lol, but everything else that you said would still be true.

Request for new video pls. Ogh no mvp, no gods, no ocp.

LOL! The future is now.

#45 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Except instance loots lose values because most of the items are redundant in the competitive scene (or what fragments still exist).

#46 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

People wont like what I will say but I'm known for saying things that are cruel which is mistaken for trolling but I dont troll. I never troll  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I am a P2W player, 99% P2W and 1% F2P. Before when Cash shop didnt sell OP items and most OP items could only be obtained from game, I was still a noob and I had to level mainly with Eden gears to level 150. Then I actually WoE'd few times with Eden gears and borrowed gears from guild, which then was a joke among my friends. I didnt really like how my $ was worth so little in game just to buy a piece of OP in-game item while Vets easily made valuable zeny to buy WPE. However, I didnt complain because it was about Demand and Supply to determine market prices. If my $ was worth so little, that was probably too many new players were willing to spend money in this game. However I had choices and actions that I could control; to quit or to continue playing. To quit when I couldnt admit that I dont deserve to use the most OP items. Or to continue playing and spending $$$ to obtain OP gears. I chose to continue playing.

Since the arrival of OCPs, game has turned into more P2W. Most OP items are now from Cash shop. OCP prices are determined by Demand and Supply. Currently, zeny is cheap and $ is expensive. F2P players have choices now; to quit or to continue playing. 

My thinking is. Not everyone is meant to be OP. If you cant afford to use the best gears, then you have to admit it. If everyone is OP, then no one is OP. Maybe at this time, F2P players are not meant to be OP.

This looks great, despite most veterans having a lot of accounts, it would greatly cripple everybody's farming capacity. Mine included, lol, but everything else that you said would still be true.

Vets still can farm with many accounts but there is a drawback now. They need to VIP more accounts = more revenue to WP to improve services. This makes sense to me. If I want to farm twice faster than other players, I need to pay VIP twice more expensive.

#47 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

this "I wanna be OP" bull-_- is the reason why RO is in this mess tbh, its a sickness RO suffers from since 2003, to pamper the ego of people who lack something iRL, may that be sucess, praise, the feeling of being superior, idk. Was all fun and games when the game still had 3,5k people online all the time, nowadays the focus should be to keep as many people playing as possible, and even possibly open up the game for people who quit or, if those exist, even try out RO completely fresh LOL.

#48 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

People wont like what I will say but I'm known for saying things that are cruel which is mistaken for trolling but I dont troll. I never troll  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I am a P2W player, 99% P2W and 1% F2P. Before when Cash shop didnt sell OP items and most OP items could only be obtained from game, I was still a noob and I had to level mainly with Eden gears to level 150. Then I actually WoE'd few times with Eden gears and borrowed gears from guild, which then was a joke among my friends. I didnt really like how my $ was worth so little in game just to buy a piece of OP in-game item while Vets easily made valuable zeny to buy WPE. However, I didnt complain because it was about Demand and Supply to determine market prices. If my $ was worth so little, that was probably too many new players were willing to spend money in this game. However I had choices and actions that I could control; to quit or to continue playing. To quit when I couldnt admit that I dont deserve to use the most OP items. Or to continue playing and spending $$$ to obtain OP gears. I chose to continue playing.

Since the arrival of OCPs, game has turned into more P2W. Most OP items are now from Cash shop. OCP prices are determined by Demand and Supply. Currently, zeny is cheap and $ is expensive. F2P players have choices now; to quit or to continue playing. 

My thinking is. Not everyone is meant to be OP. If you cant afford to use the best gears, then you have to admit it. If everyone is OP, then no one is OP. Maybe at this time, F2P players are not meant to be OP.

Vets still can farm with many accounts but there is a drawback now. They need to VIP more accounts = more revenue to WP to improve services. This makes sense to me. If I want to farm twice faster than other players, I need to pay VIP twice more expensive.

The brutally honest opinion is though, that WP has had plenty of money yet the services never improved. Classic is a joke, Chaos is a joke, Thor is a joke and restart is the punchline of them all. All this pay to win would be an easy pill to swallow... if it actually did anything to improve the game; which it hasn't.

#49 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

Gravity Corp Revenue (In Millions in Korean Won)
2016 = 34,961
2017 = 119,423

Subsidiary Revenue (Gravity Interactive (Us), NEOCYON, Gravity Games, Gravity Entertainment) (In Millions in Korean Won)
2016 = 51,397
2017 = 141,623

Revenue for both Gravity Corp, and it's subsidiaries tripled in 2017 compared to 2016. Wheres that service improvement? Oh right, other servers.

#50 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

You're right, you can see the choice of a lot of these players when you log in, soon we'll be 1,5k players counting bots and alts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users