RESTART Balance Changes Upcoming - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Balance Changes Upcoming

63 replies to this topic

#51 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:53 AM

^

Wizards and Assassins have sucked since the beggining, but I think transclasses will kinda solve that... High Priests will still suck though

Prolly (my opinion) the plan was not working at all in balance and make this server a nostalgic "game coming back" with a mix of renewal to make it "new experience" but no intervention at all to save money... what they didn't expect is that the experience would be so frustrating that they had to listen the claiming of the communinty begging for some kind of fixing... so they are patching the ones we yell the most...

Because.. if we didn't voice some of the problems that are becoming obvious.. would WP even try to fix it in advance?

Priest we are supposed to be support and boost a party experience... someone good at math and formulas translate my feelings? :D

#52 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Monster Drops and EXP Realignment

The goal is to make sure that we are using the correct EXP/Drops charts for monsters going into the trans update.

This is going today too. Right? Because i dont want to see 99/70 guys tomorrow. When exp requeriment is only 100m + tham normal table

#53 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Updated OP about Zen

#54 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

buff wizards and assas as soon as you can. knights online sucks.

#55 LuxAngelus

LuxAngelus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:38 AM

Fix EXP/Drops is good. But it would be better fix the monsters magic damage first. You just can't lvl in some maps...

#56 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

So when are these "Balance Changes" coming in?

I love Bio Chemists being able to throw a stupendous amount of bombs with Magic Strings, for the damage that they do.

I also love how useless Champs are in comparison, with their 10 sec CD of looking pretty for a pageant before they can break a nail again.

#57 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

Let's funnel the AB concerns into a single thread, post here.

#58 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop. Buffing. Champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs

Stop buffing champs

How many different ways and how many times do we have to ask you of this? How hard is it to understand? It is a very simple request. You have classes that are useless and yet you're buffing champs? Get a hold of yourself.

Edited by Renaru, 02 April 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#59 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop. Buffing. Champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs.

Stop buffing champs

Stop buffing champs

How many different ways and how many times do we have to ask you of this? How hard is it to understand? It is a very simple request. You have classes that are useless and yet you're buffing champs? Get a hold of yourself.

It's not a buff to champs, cant you guys do basic math before spouting off?  Right now its:

Gfist

Wait 10 seconds

Instant zen/fury/zen while spamming blues

Gfist

With the change it will be:

Gfist

Wait 3 seconds

Cast Zen

Wait 2.5 seconds(assuming you swap phen off everytime you do this, otherwise its even slower)

Fury

Cast Zen

Wait 2.5 seconds

gfist

Now we can atleast be mobile while casting zen/fury and spamming sp items.  With this nerf we have to plant our feet for 5 seconds of casting and we end up with a potential net gain of what 2 seconds lol?  This isn't a buff by any means its a straight up nerf and its sad to me people can't add this up themselves n realize this.  This nerfs our ability to kill stuff with occult/tss even more, which is already pathetic damage and now on top of the pathetic dmg we will have to do a 2.5second zen cast constantly.  Not to mention how much more vulnerable this makes champs to dispel spam in pvp.

IF zen stayed instant cast its a buff, with this set of changes its a huge nerf though.  Hopefully camp reads this, realizes its not a buff and adjusts his requests accordingly.  There really isn't a purpose in allowing them to get sp back faster if its accompanied by being forced to cast for 5 seconds of the 7 seconds you supposedly gained back.

Also why in the world would you complain about champs and yet biochems can run around throwing a ranged gfist every 4 seconds even after these changes?

Edited by Wyndor, 06 April 2018 - 08:08 PM.

#60 seyris

seyris

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

funny that ppl are whining about bombers and champs. i went testing the damage of soul destroyer and edp with my sinx. with the best weapons possible for sd i did 6-7k sd on crain+poopoo+double 4lc. ppl are talking about bombs and stuff. but this server is just crap. formula crap. database crap. everything crap. i played assassin in woe from the getgo, thinking with edp sd as sinx i might have fun, but i wont. this whole thing is a disappointment, but hey! go on playing bombnarok online...

#61 3311180212073353210

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:48 AM

buff wizards and assas as soon as you can. knights online sucks.

i agree that Sins and Wizards kinda not where they should be. As per possible boost, any suggestions, community? 

IMHO per HWizards, I feel like it needs bit more damage output, it still has to stay squishy, part of being wizard :)

#62 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

Enable Mind Break inside party for hwiz buff

#63 Patione

Patione

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

Examples for Assa cls:

- bring back arrow equipping

- reduce fixed delay of sd/sbk

- keep edp while switching

- bring back edp grimtooth

just a few that i didn't needed to think longer than 1 sec.

#64 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

If you guys honestly think you can balance RO ,without basicly change every single skill, every single calculation, every single item ,every single monster...basicly every part of any mechanic... i have really really bad news for you...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users