March 20th Renewal Restart - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 20th Renewal Restart

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#26 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

This change will causes trouble with classes which don't have DEF bypass skills, and can't get compensation from the drop up.

Gens will be happy but RC GXs will cry.

#27 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

so after all it was a waste of time and money improving better upgrade level on glorious/bellum stuff?  this thing you try to ''fix'' will be not good at all, think that  glorious weapons were helping players in bio4... so now will be a bit more harder for some of them...  :ani_shy:  :ani_shy:  :ani_shy:

Bellum and KVM increases damage by 75-80% and adds 25/30% def ignore. Slaughter effect from upgrades are purely damage modifier, not DEF % ignore.

But yeah missing that 25-30% def ignore will annoyed bio4 leveling to an extend.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

Was the mdef bypassing doing the same thing? Anyone know? Or test it even?

Just finished further testing.

I stacked up to 2000 MDEF Bypass on a character and did the exact same damage I was doing at 100% Bypass. 

#29 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

So, we can assume that Nightmare Clock Tower/Pyramids Card Sets's MDEF bypass won't be disabled?

#30 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

fix ≠  removal, at least it shouldn't be ¬¬'

It was discovered a failure in the bypass mechanic allowing millions of damage due to negative multiplier shenanigans so it should be fixed to apply a proper cap.

That being fixed you should still have a damage increase from def bypass, but it wont be something that allows you to deal 42m damage if the right conditions are met.

#31 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

Is funny how iRO can take months or even years to contact with "kRO" to get a answer for a possible "fix" for non-working items, but if something strong / abusive item in-game appears dont take more than a few hours to contact to kRO and get a answer and just Fix in less of 1 week, weird and funny you guys dont think the same? lol

By the way, Gms will take this chance and ask for more fix items? i dont mind take the whole day if you bring fix for all items since OCP 1 to the actual ones

#32 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

i think it should serve as a reminder that if things are implemented without the proper care and though into the implications it could have, similar issues may occur in the future.

Edited by vividort, 20 March 2018 - 09:38 AM.

#33 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

if only they did the same with NOGH you know... we've been waiting for how long? 3+years?

NTF cards for november Kappa

This is just a joke you guys are just fixing and getting what you want to get

Blacksmith blessing not working for almost a year someone calls it a SCAM and suprise suprise we get it for that week maint.... (https://forums.warpp...been-forgotten/)

Now is the 3rd restart this week with barely any  kind of announce.... 

Nice management

Edited by Leonchascon, 20 March 2018 - 09:41 AM.

#34 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

Is funny how iRO can take months or even years to contact with "kRO" to get a answer for a possible "fix" for non-working items, but if something strong / abusive item in-game appears dont take more than a few hours to contact to kRO and get a answer and just Fix in less of 1 week, weird and funny you guys dont think the same? lol

By the way, Gms will take this chance and ask for more fix items? i dont mind take the whole day if you bring fix for all items since OCP 1 to the actual ones

Of course there is urgency with a game breaking bug but it is sad we cant even have half or half of half of this speed to get pending updates  :heh:

#35 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

how long will this this maint take?

#36 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Hope Warpportal do their best effort to fix this. Hello Magic Classes! our time to rise (even more!)

just a question, and sorry for many times you answer this Camps.

You just said "Race calls", so I assume all item description wich says "to demi-human, to insect, to blabla". Some items like BSG says:

• Increases physical damage on [Boss] category monsters by 5%.
  • Bypass 50% of hard defense of [Normal] and [Boss] category monsters, and [Players] when performing a physical attack.

Are these consider as race? as category/class? or the item script have a bunch of sentences to every race?

#37 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

Would it be possible to have daily instances reset or something? As I wasn't really aware this was going to happen until I got DCed shortly after entering central lab. I can understand if you can't, but I wasn't even logged in long enough to even see any warnings on the server before getting DCed and I JUST bought some VIP before coming going in there and kinda feel a little cheated.

McMW23U.jpg

#38 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

Hope Warpportal do their best effort to fix this. Hello Magic Classes! our time to rise (even more!)

just a question, and sorry for many times you answer this Camps.

You just said "Race calls", so I assume all item description wich says "to demi-human, to insect, to blabla". Some items like BSG says:

• Increases physical damage on [Boss] category monsters by 5%.
  • Bypass 50% of hard defense of [Normal] and [Boss] category monsters, and [Players] when performing a physical attack.

Are these consider as race? as category/class? or the item script have a bunch of sentences to every race?

BSG uses monster race for the DEF Bypass

#39 NameChange28947

NameChange28947

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:42 AM

When you don't own the items, but you suffer for it  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

#40 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:45 AM

Server's open again.

#41 yoshie

yoshie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationBatCave

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

3x Exp Please!

#42 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

Would it be possible to have daily instances reset or something? As I wasn't really aware this was going to happen until I got DCed shortly after entering central lab. I can understand if you can't, but I wasn't even logged in long enough to even see any warnings on the server before getting DCed and I JUST bought some VIP before coming going in there and kinda feel a little cheated.

+1 to that. I also got dc'd during Bakonawa, but this instance is weekly, so it might be a little more complicated for a reset :C

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

EXP/Drops event extended until 3/29

#44 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

+1

fix ≠  removal, at least it shouldn't be ¬¬'

It was discovered a failure in the bypass mechanic allowing millions of damage due to negative multiplier shenanigans so it should be fixed to apply a proper cap.

That being fixed you should still have a damage increase from def bypass, but it wont be something that allows you to deal 42m damage if the right conditions are met.

if only they did the same with NOGH you know... we've been waiting for how long? 3+years?

NTF cards for november Kappa

This is just a joke you guys are just fixing and getting what you want to get

Blacksmith blessing not working for almost a year someone calls it a SCAM and suprise suprise we get it for that week maint.... (https://forums.warpp...been-forgotten/)

Now is the 3rd restart this week with barely any  kind of announce.... 

Nice management

+1

Of course there is urgency with a game breaking bug but it is sad we cant even have half or half of half of this speed to get pending updates  :heh:

+1

[sarcasm] Good job Camp!  [/sarcasm]

And did the people who brought this to light get a thank you from the GM's already?

hmm?

#45 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

Now i might abit concern for that enforcer shoes of mine , but those BSG & PDM owner ... RIP

#46 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Now i might abit concern for that enforcer shoes of mine , but those BSG & PDM owner ... RIP

Enforcer still has maximise power, 20% ATK and 20% HP/SP.

BSG just straight become trash for the next few days with 5% boss damage and 10% aftercast. Oh wait there's aftercast! Not that trash  :heh:

Can we please use this as an excuse to ask kRO for faster N.OGH or NTF Cards to be implemented? All i want since last Christmas was my NTF Cards!  :p_love:

#47 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

"All items with the DEF Bypass Percentage by Race calls are having that effect disabled."

Good move. If you're not gonna allow to spread this knowledge aka bug or w/e you call it to new players/noobs, might as well just disable it.

#48 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

EXP/Drops event extended until 3/29

Thanks Campitor!

#49 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

I do hope the studio will deliver a fix next maintenance as BSG, Perverse Mask and Enforcer Shoes were top tiers OCP items. Otherwise "OCP refund" posts will pop up it seems.

#50 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

And since people dont want ot farm if they cant get Def bypass effect, this increase drop rate is irrelevant. I know its player who choose not to farm to take advantages during this compensation event but if increase drop rate is not in a favour anymore, can we please get Bunny event and/or Enriched event instead? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users