inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:09 AM

With the disabling of % def bypass and the upcoming % def bypass cap. Will wp unnerf/bring back the enforcer shoes original effect 100% bypass with the expense of skills?

#2 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:22 AM

+1 

I don't see why not since stacking 100% has become so easy anyway. (With the arrival of Perverse Mask), if that item can allow 90-105% def bypass, whats wrong with Enforcer shoes having its rate increase or restore to 100%?

Maybe its time to un-nerf Enforcer shoes.

#3 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

the rarest item in a whole OCP deserves a better life

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

Make enforcer shoes great again

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

its a bit too strong for GX though, since the full 100% no need to sacrifice anything unlike mask. I doubt they will do any unnerfing of the sorts.

#6 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

Oda's balloon!  :heh:

#7 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:36 AM

if it's nerfed because the tester did over stacking of def ignore and concluded it's OP

then. there's every reason why enforcer shoe should be un-nerfed after KRO send us the fix

#8 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:11 AM

its a bit too strong for GX though, since the full 100% no need to sacrifice anything unlike mask. I doubt they will do any unnerfing of the sorts.

We have to sacrifice 5 skill points into a useless skill. And due to that we have to sacrifice either Cross Ripper Slash, VI, lower Poison Research lvl or other skills.  

We sacrifice skill points.

#9 Basaltic

Basaltic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

TBH, GX is the major victim of this event. Plz give some care to GXs. Don't let this game become all genes or all warlocks.

Edited by Basaltic, 21 March 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#10 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:15 AM

TBH, GX is the major victim of this event. Plz give some care to GXs. Don't let this game become all genes or all warlocks.

this statement is like no other class exist besides these 3... i'm kinda offended lol

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:17 AM

You have to sacrifice multiple skill points into "useless" skills, though counter slash isn't the worst of them. Still, we get two benefits form getting CS -- cast time and def pierce. Though I think the point here is so you're forced into a specific build.

I honestly think it's fine as is.

#12 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:25 AM

You have to sacrifice multiple skill points into "useless" skills, though counter slash isn't the worst of them. Still, we get two benefits form getting CS -- cast time and def pierce. Though I think the point here is so you're forced into a specific build.

I honestly think it's fine as is.

Just trying to state that we do need to up something to get the effects as well. Its not like we are getting it free without any pre-requisite. 

I'm not trying to get Enforcer Shoes back to 100% just so that I don't need to equip other def penetration and only equip Enforcer Shoes. I still equip Abusive and Pervese Mask (due to the additional ATK, HP and Agi bonus from the two of them).

But the fact that it got nerf to 20% and then in the 2nd OCP after that comes an item that gives up to 100% seems really unfair to it. You can raise it to 40-50% or whatever but 1/5th of the original effect is just.... 

It was fine at the time of release since other items (at most) gives 50% def penetration so 100% seems overpowered. But now that there is an item that gives 60,90,100% def penetration, you question why it had to be nerf so hard in the first place. 

#13 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

Just playing the devil's advocate here.

if you build MA, you will definitely max counter slash for enforcer. if this has 50% or even 100%, you would need no stats sacrifice for 100% pierce, unlike others who ahve to play with bad stats for 75,90,105 pierce (god bless you 126 luk). You also save another slot to wear somethin much better than the mask for damage, since the mask does no damage gain if not for defense pierce. It's pretty op in my opinion for the already hardest hitting class.

Feel free to come up with a counter answer for this. If its reasonable you'd at least have valid reasons for the mods to see.

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:40 AM

if you build MA, you will definitely max counter slash for enforcer. if this has 50% or even 100%, you would need no stats sacrifice for 100% pierce, unlike others who ahve to play with bad stats for 75,90,105 pierce (god bless you 126 luk). You also save another slot to wear somethin much better than the mask for damage, since the mask does no damage gain if not for defense pierce. It's pretty op in my opinion for the already hardest hitting class.

Feel free to come up with a counter answer for this. If its reasonable you'd at least have valid reasons for the mods to see.

msty.gif

#15 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

No problem, I welcome a healthy discussing as long as we show respect to each other's opinion.

For me classes that tend to use mask for defence penetration like GX, Physical Crit RK, Crit Ranger already have sufficient LUK to add at least 60%-90% (those using Temp Luk Boots anyway), hence the only one that need to play with bad stats are classes like Pure Str RK (which if they add luk can just be consider a hybrid), AS Ranger (Not many people stay as AS Ranger for endgame), Sura, RG (if Cannon Spear build).

Those who maximise on STR will have at least 30-60 luk, to maximise their damage since you gain more ATK by utilising stats point anywy. So at the least there's between 30%-60% without them sacrificing much stats already. Mask is powerful on its on, capable of adding at least up to 45 free stats (15x3) with sub effect already. But we aren't comparing which equipment is better here.

Hence they are truly 'sacrificing' by playing 'bad stats' if they wanted more, like you said 75% and above.

Not everyone that uses Enforcer uses it for MA, some people simply uses it for the 20% ATK it gives.

Having 100% def ignore on its own, plus 20% hp/sp and 20% ATK by itself is OP. I can agree with that. But the degree of nerf that brings it down to 20% (1/5 of its original value seems a bit too much).

I reiterate that at the time when no equipment has more than 50% def ignore on its own, its seems alright. But not now with the existence of something that can freely give 30-60% def ignore base on 'leftover stats'.

I'm not saying that the nerf is unjustified, I'm saying its a bit too much.

Edited by yamasakai90, 21 March 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#16 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

Just trying to state that we do need to up something to get the effects as well. Its not like we are getting it free without any pre-requisite. 

I'm not trying to get Enforcer Shoes back to 100% just so that I don't need to equip other def penetration and only equip Enforcer Shoes. I still equip Abusive and Pervese Mask (due to the additional ATK, HP and Agi bonus from the two of them).

But the fact that it got nerf to 20% and then in the 2nd OCP after that comes an item that gives up to 100% seems really unfair to it. You can raise it to 40-50% or whatever but 1/5th of the original effect is just.... 

It was fine at the time of release since other items (at most) gives 50% def penetration so 100% seems overpowered. But now that there is an item that gives 60,90,100% def penetration, you question why it had to be nerf so hard in the first place. 

I don't, actually, since I don't think it was nerfed hard at all. Defense pierce is very useful, but the real perk of the shoes is that it increases your damage with the skill by nearly 5x and makes it near insta-cast and so pretty spammable. 

It grants an alternate play style divorced from EDP consumption and katars.

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

Actually the gem is Power Maximize.

#18 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

I don't, actually, since I don't think it was nerfed hard at all. Defense pierce is very useful, but the real perk of the shoes is that it increases your damage with the skill by nearly 5x and makes it near insta-cast and so pretty spammable. 

It grants an alternate play style divorced from EDP consumption and katars.

Actually the gem is Power Maximize.

Those are the reasons I bought it on the first place. I didn't even notice the 20% def bypass until recently. What was unfair was it's rarity on release.

#19 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

yamasakai, defender of borderline broken classes, saviour of the spoiled, greetings my lord.

#20 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

The re-release was really unfair and I would be less butthurt if its Def bypass is restored. However it would be RIP BSG, at least for RC GX.

Edited by fenrir99, 21 March 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#21 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

i wonder when are we going to get Fixed Counter Slash,

the real one from kRO ( cause i have tried that ),

- able to crit

- when it produces critical damage the skill will not miss

- when it produces critical damage all the critical damage modifier in your character will be included on calculation

- with full crit gears it can go to 500k critical damage 

#22 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

yamasakai, defender of borderline broken classes, saviour of the spoiled, greetings my lord.

-.- Please no. And it was Mark who initially brought it to me and we collectively post it on forum. I'm sorry to have ruin everyone's fun in stacking defences and dealing damage at a much higher rate. Please accept my public apology.

BSG is already semi-rip for any GX who has at least 72 LUK since it grants 60% def ignore instead of 50%.  

The only use I see for it right now is to be used by MA GX for the bypass and aftercast delay, RK who really want 10% aftercast instead of 5-6% aftercast, or classes that want def ignore but doesn't up LUK to around 50+ like sura, rebel and AS Ranger.

But anyway nerfing and buffing any equipment is up to Warpportal, we can only suggest. 

Spoiler

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

-.- Please no. And it was Mark who initially brought it to me and we collectively post it on forum. I'm sorry to have ruin everyone's fun in stacking defences and dealing damage at a much higher rate. Please accept my public apology.

BSG is already semi-rip for any GX who has at least 72 LUK since it grants 60% def ignore instead of 50%.  

The only use I see for it right now is to be used by MA GX for the bypass and aftercast delay, RK who really want 10% aftercast instead of 5-6% aftercast, or classes that want def ignore but doesn't up LUK to around 50+ like sura, rebel and AS Ranger.

But anyway nerfing and buffing any equipment is up to Warpportal, we can only suggest. 

Spoiler

BSG has delay reduction, it would be best in slot (no questions asked) if Enforcer Shoes did at least 50%. But aside from that, it still stands out for that delay reduction alone.

#24 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Btw I should state that I'm against restoring it to 100% as its practically a SS card by itself then to ONLY GX.

But I'm in for the to up anywhere between 30-50%. At least give it 1/3 or 1/2 of its 'original' capacity.

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

my rk and throw ninja in the other dark corner says welcome to the fellowship  :pif:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users