Absurdly Unbalanced classes - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Absurdly Unbalanced classes

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Avenger cant use Avenging Strike in pair with a stun but dominator can take half of my crit chance and 60% of my STR xD

This game is over 10 years old and still have 0 balance

Ive just checked that i made Avenger skills update suggestion in the "Hunter/Avenger/Ranger Class Update Preview and talks" Topic 3 years ago and nothing has been done since then so ill just give up LOL

Edited by VanillaNinja, 21 March 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#2 artcrime

artcrime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

This is the wrong game for balance. This is pay to win prime time

#3 UNDERtheDARKmoon

UNDERtheDARKmoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:34 AM

​its not that unbalanced that an zerk crit 15k with blood rage and stunnlocking me and the only classes i can use to kill it are the

defiler / dominator / prot / druid .

#4 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

What amazes me the most is the damage output of magical classes. Came back from a two years break, they were always OP but now... wow.

#5 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

​its not that unbalanced that an zerk crit 15k with blood rage and stunnlocking me and the only classes i can use to kill it are the

defiler / dominator / prot / druid .

Try to play zerk on the TB

#6 UNDERtheDARKmoon

UNDERtheDARKmoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:45 AM

Try to play zerk on the TB

​you cant rly compare TB with ig pvp :D in TB ( Thame battlefield >strongest<) the stats of everything is diverent

​and at Union you can die with zerk bec of AN ENTIRE TEAM attacking a person in once instead of 1v1s  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh: 

#7 UNDERtheDARKmoon

UNDERtheDARKmoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:54 AM

What amazes me the most is the damage output of magical classes. Came back from a two years break, they were always OP but now... wow.

​mmmm magic classes arent all OP lol and you cant compare 2 years back with now bec 

​everyone got darkest gear now  :heh:  :heh:  :heh: 

#8 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

casters have been  OP since  many years,they had always  much more damage than melees.

ecspecially druids,domis and sakers are  out of controll now coz they are also very  unbalanced in skills.

if u think that they will fix them.forget it!

these op classes been there for many years and  they wont get fixed, coz they dont care

#9 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

​mmmm magic classes arent all OP lol and you cant compare 2 years back with now bec 

​everyone got darkest gear now  :heh:  :heh:  :heh: 

Yes I can. It is not normal having multiple hard hitting AOEs AND pew pews. Not cryin' or demanding any "fix". Been playing mmos over a decade and it's no news mages having higher damage output but, usually they got a few single targets skills and a couple of AoEs that tots do not hit as hard as we can see around here.

And yeah, these sets are crazy and they contribute a lot to this mages' OPness I'm talking about =]

#10 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Ive meet zerk today that was spamming dash all the time i was like "wow seriously dude, you call that pvp?"

#11 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

The advantage for casters is not their damage. It's their range, stuns and poor monster AI. For most of Requiem's existence, melee caused 50~100% more damage than casters. The problem right now with damage is that the damage system in the game breaks at level 65. Now at level 90 the damage is just that much more broken. Given Helium's poor understanding of the mechanics of the game, they are just that much worse. The only reprisal we have had towards the inherent advantage of caster classes in Requiem's history was Overbearing Clamor. Enough whining and Alterius being allowed to rebalance the class allowed the casters to nerf it out of existence while Alterius turned Warlord into an ineffectual twirler.

Edited by Cleffy, 24 March 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#12 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Well its super easy to fix the class balance issues, the biggest problem is gravity that doesnt give a single -_- and Helium that still sucks after 10 years working as game developer

#13 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:29 AM

The advantage for casters is not their damage. It's their range, stuns and poor monster AI. For most of Requiem's existence, melee caused 50~100% more damage than casters. The problem right now with damage is that the damage system in the game breaks at level 65. Now at level 90 the damage is just that much more broken. Given Helium's poor understanding of the mechanics of the game, they are just that much worse. The only reprisal we have had towards the inherent advantage of caster classes in Requiem's history was Overbearing Clamor. Enough whining and Alterius being allowed to rebalance the class allowed the casters to nerf it out of existence while Alterius turned Warlord into an ineffectual twirler.

Ofc casters have advantage in their dmg. look at the darkest sets or lvl 90 weapons. they have always more scad which gives them higher crits at the end

#14 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:59 AM

It's also in their damage. They've got insane amounts of SCAD nowadays.

#15 Hannkar

Hannkar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

Also much easier to get a good shield and your defence up. To get high resis in all major elements is pain. 

You should only have one single resis scad ball.

#16 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

Also much easier to get a good shield and your defence up. To get high resis in all major elements is pain. 

You should only have one single resis scad ball.

Yup Darkest armors provide max defence toe very class but have no resistance at all, another problem that makes casters overpowered

#17 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

Im kinda sick of druids, wonder if they ever will fix them. i guess not.

its kinda ridiculoius getting stunlock forever while u get killed by rage of bugs.

#18 rodmilano1

rodmilano1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

Before classes like sins, for example, was OP in damage but with low HP and defense. Now you can see sins completely, insane damage, cap def., +60k hp, and killing most of the server in the 10sec stun(Brutal Scud + HT), removing more than 40k of your hp only in the brutal scud before you start to do anything. The new stats from the new armors make the game mechanics worst, while the big amount of damage from some classes can kill you in a few seconds, some DOTs from skills now are pathetic making the game now based in stats and not in skills. Im using sin just as an example, but i found some mages in battlefild that look like they have 90k+ hp, hitting 6-7k. Well... i still waiting for the skill fixes since 2014, as they promised, but we have another problem now, the stats.

#19 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Before classes like sins, for example, was OP in damage but with low HP and defense. Now you can see sins completely, insane damage, cap def., +60k hp, and killing most of the server in the 10sec stun(Brutal Scud + HT), removing more than 40k of your hp only in the brutal scud before you start to do anything. The new stats from the new armors make the game mechanics worst, while the big amount of damage from some classes can kill you in a few seconds, some DOTs from skills now are pathetic making the game now based in stats and not in skills. Im using sin just as an example, but i found some mages in battlefild that look like they have 90k+ hp, hitting 6-7k. Well... i still waiting for the skill fixes since 2014, as they promised, but we have another problem now, the stats.

First sins have now the lowest hp in darkest gear when ur not enchanted( my sin 24k hp) where other classes have over 50k hp without any bonuses.example(druids,commanders)

Secondly sins can have only high hp when they use only vox rage.

Same for damage. the highest crits sins can hit on max def is 6k, but u forgot that most of the casters use shields what blocks alot of the dmg.

#20 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Lets not forget that mages have max defence as well, insane damage and few healing skills XD I have no idea who though that those "skill revamps" and Darkest armors was a good idea

#21 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:37 AM

some darkest sets of the casters were even more unbalanced before lol. imagine druid set was even more op than now .

commander set was useless now its op as -_-.

#22 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

Aside Darkest sets, I don't even think casters should have SCAD in the same proportion as melees gets CAD, as we can see in regals and newest jewells (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, please).

And yeah, hunters sure do deserve a +.

#23 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:04 AM

Aside Darkest sets, I don't even think casters should have SCAD in the same proportion as melees gets CAD, as we can see in regals and newest jewells (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, please).

And yeah, hunters sure do deserve a +.

thats right and the defence is absurdly high as well, mage should be a mage not healer,tank and dps 

#24 rodmilano1

rodmilano1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

First sins have now the lowest hp in darkest gear when ur not enchanted( my sin 24k hp) where other classes have over 50k hp without any bonuses.example(druids,commanders)

Secondly sins can have only high hp when they use only vox rage.

Same for damage. the highest crits sins can hit on max def is 6k, but u forgot that most of the casters use shields what blocks alot of the dmg.

Of course im comparing classes full geared with best enchants...considering actually anyone can be full +30, and full enchated, so that is the reality. I dont know a class that have 50k hp without any bonus and enchants, maybe a tanker. Other classes even with block defense will have like 33% block chance and when block, it block like 400 to 600 damage(if you are a melee, except tanker) in each hit. If you are a caster, when you block you will receive around 5400 damage from 6000, anyway i agree that some mages are OP in HP, heals, and damage.

#25 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Of course im comparing classes full geared with best enchants...considering actually anyone can be full +30, and full enchated, so that is the reality. I dont know a class that have 50k hp without any bonus and enchants, maybe a tanker. Other classes even with block defense will have like 33% block chance and when block, it block like 400 to 600 damage(if you are a melee, except tanker) in each hit. If you are a caster, when you block you will receive around 5400 damage from 6000, anyway i agree that some mages are OP in HP, heals, and damage.

druids and commanders for example have easy over 50 k hp without any enchants. And as a caster when u use shield +  block ornament  u can  get  up to 60+% block and  u can  block up to 1k dmg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users