RESTART March 22nd RESTART - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART March 22nd RESTART

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#51 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Camp, why not give it till next maint, give a few ppl the weekend to level, then do the nerf

#52 WallacePinho

WallacePinho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Worst timing possible. You should do it right before trans update.

There is ppl level 90+ already. How far can you get if you rebirth now, with the new rates, before the next WoE? Maybe 80?

#53 Zekayn

Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

You wonder why only about 350 people are real, and the other 700 are bots... You might as well just go ahead and stop banning bots, because thats about what this server is gonna be now just for people to grind now..

#54 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

Worst timing possible. You should do it right before trans update.

There is ppl level 90+ already. How far can you get if you rebirth now, with the new rates, before the next WoE? Maybe 80?

If you want to put a spin on it, consider it a "trans opening leveling event" that ends next maint. Give people a chance.

#55 WallacePinho

WallacePinho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

@Campitor

Cant you guys wait with the gd yuno nerf until wednesday?

its not fair, to the people who didnt had time to play. 

#56 jessymeow

jessymeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

So fix the spawn??? What do you mean aligning it to the rest of the server? The guilds who hold access to those dungeons deserve the rate. People have purchased gear and have invested a lot of time into doing it effectively.

Like....why Camp?

I would think the ability to collect guild treasure is payment enough for doing woe once a week. They don't deserve to lvl well over twice as fast. A bit faster sure but in half the time when you're talking dozens of hours of grinding..... Hell no.

Juperos being nerfed is stupid. Do the sensible thing here camp:

1. Leave juperos alone.
2. Nerf guild dungeon exp.
3. Buff abyss lake to be more exp since it's more challenging than juperos.

We have 1 leveling spot now and abyss lake should have been a 2nd option. These bad changes force us to all pile into one spot yet again zzz.

#57 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

U said u would look at stuff over the next week or 3, not the next day, that is kinda effed up for people who actually had to work, now some ppl are 90+ while most are still 70 or below

#58 LuanFelipee

LuanFelipee

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Congratz Campitor...

:pif:

#59 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Deleted

Edited by Stewy, 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#60 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

What about the feedback on this thread? Who's feedback? Where did this come from?

After this patch is done please try Juno again. It is important to note that the HP settings were reduced along with with the EXP. Now if spawns are sparse we can improve that and work towards making spawns more even across the map. But the HP/EXP rates are now set properly.

#61 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Zen still instant cast?

#62 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

And so ends the Great Venatu Genocide of 2018. :P

While I still say that these changes really should have been accounted for before yesterday's maintenance, this is otherwise what I was thinking about with re-balancing Juperos and Abyss Lake (again, I can't really say anything about the Juno GD since I can't play there, so I can only take others' word for it). The Acidus exp may be only half that in Classic, but at least the pulling parties that'll set up in the packed 3rd floor can take advantage of Mental Sensing, something I rarely saw in Juperos beyond like the first week or something. Meanwhile Juperos can still work as a mid to mid-late leveling area, provided the damage is unchanged. And no, this isn't a new thought from me - I initially envisioned Juperos to work this way and even planned to use it for a couple 7x characters at the time before we all discovered the bugged exp lol. Hopefully this also means Bio3 will see more use now that we don't have an overwhelmingly-easier-to-use leveling spot like Juperos has been until tonight, and especially with trans classes out.

I'm just sad Juperos is getting nerfed, as someone who HATES playing knights I was really hoping Abyss lake would be an alternative rather than superior so I could play my sin in juperos and not get my mobs stolen 25/7.

But hey this move just solidifies knightarok online. 

In fairness, I still think Abyss Lake wouldn't even have been an "alternative" had Juperos remained unchanged. Acidus still wouldn't have given comparable exp to Venatus for a similar amount of work.

#63 spider

spider

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Why are you nerfing more leveling maps? You guys should be buffing locations so people have a wider variety of places to choose from for leveling instead of everyone being crammed into one map.

#64 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

I would think the ability to collect guild treasure is payment enough for doing woe once a week. They don't deserve to lvl well over twice as fast. A bit faster sure but in half the time when you're talking dozens of hours of grinding..... Hell no.

Juperos being nerfed is stupid. Do the sensible thing here camp:

1. Leave juperos alone.
2. Nerf guild dungeon exp.
3. Buff abyss lake to be more exp since it's more challenging than juperos.

We have 1 leveling spot now and abyss lake should have been a 2nd option. These bad changes force us to all pile into one spot yet again zzz.

So you're suggesting a 10mil p/h gap between jupes and GD? Have you been to GD before? Do you know how hard the mobs are there?

Are you drunk?

#65 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

u guys are good at making people quit the game

#66 physotkm

physotkm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

EXP in Abyss Lake still seems too low for their HP values.

You have Gold Acidus set at 51k hp with 14k exp base, 4k job. Ferus are also a joke considering Medusas have 16k hp and 6.8k EXP.

Gold Acidus should give 28,043 Base exp, 8,023 job
Blue Acidus should give 14,392 Base exp, 4,203 job
Hydrolancer should give 83,450 Base exp, 2,480 job
Dragon Egg should give 6,740 Base exp, 0 job
Ferus Green should give 6,750 Base exp, 2,230 job
Ferus Red should give 8,093 Base exp, 3,952 job

Pretty much ALL of the exp values that are in that table for Abyss Lake are approximately HALF of what they should be.

Edited by physotkm, 22 March 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#67 CandyCrusher

CandyCrusher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Guys... well played guys, the server is over, so many people quiting in this moment, after this post.

#68 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

So Jup is nerfed? Well. Thanks, definitely punish those players who couldn't power level from server up due to work and life commitments.

GG.

#69 LuxAngelus

LuxAngelus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Re:Start

"Jupe is dead. Everywhere else outside.

Server will soon be dead." - Agree

That's a good way to bring pple back to the server and/or encourage new players to start play on the server -n hahaha

btw alot of pple are already 9x =P 

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

U said u would look at stuff over the next week or 3, not the next day, that is kinda effed up for people who actually had to work, now some ppl are 90+ while most are still 70 or below

That is a fair point but we need to do the changes sooner rather than later. So instead....

Due to the server RESTART Please enjoy an Extra 100% EXP Bonus Event until 3/29

#71 Zekayn

Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

I agree with Ryuu.. i spent a week of my life constantly just grinding in juperos for 99 non trans.. and its taken over 3 hours to go from 83 to 84.. and now its gonna take 1/3 longer, 4 hours if not more from 84-85.. Im sorry even with 1.75x Rates PAYING FOR THE FREAKIN GAME.. im not spending anymore of time on this worthless server, im going back to TalonRO. PEACE

#72 zakila

zakila

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

#73 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

So Jup is nerfed? Well. Thanks, definitely punish those players who couldn't power level from server up due to work and life commitments.

GG.

I HATE THIS GUY AND I AGREE WITH HIM. WHAT IS THIS.

#74 Zekayn

Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

That is a fair point but we need to do the changes sooner rather than later. So instead....

Due to the server RESTART Please enjoy an Extra 100% EXP Bonus Event until 3/29

your kidding me right.. u screw us 1/3 of exp and give us a 100% increase.. ok people enjoy 2/3 of the exp now!!! go now.. go waste ur lives on this horrible server and crap..

#75 laquintinie

laquintinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

@Campitor  Are you ever gonna address the high weapon box? Having violet fear, veteran sword, and tae goo lyeon in game makes bowling bash even broken.  Bowling bash doing 12-16k dmg is ridiculous.  They should be disabled until we get the updates later.

I PM'd you about the high weapon box when you guys implemented bio, but what did you do?  You just ignored about it.  They shouldn't be in game YET.  High weapon box should come with 3rd class updates later on.

So why the hell didn't you do this WITH the trans patch instead of after, to put everyone on equal footing...? Would a bit of foresight really have been that hard?

We've had so many issues with the server from the beggining, the -_- duping has been going on for months... I don't have a problem with what you're doing with this maintenance, but the HOW, the WHEN and the list of other relevant issues that are simply ignored... One would think after 16 YEARS people would know how to manage a RO server 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users