It is all about sustainable business - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

It is all about sustainable business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

A lot of ppls are disappointed in OCP Remix II, it seems to be ridiculously bad given how much it has been hyped. But what we do know from the past is that, WP knows how to operate its business, with their strategy for sustainability. OCP Remix I was a very good box since it was meant to cover up for the lack of sales in OCP XV, while this one is a different story. OCP XVI sells incredibly well and WP doesnt need extra money for this month. Moreover, we have EXP/Drop Rate Events going on, Engkanto is making its way to mid-TI, and good news about EP 16.2 updates arriving on Sakray very soon. These are quite a lot of excitements, aint they?

Now you understand why, this OCP Remix Box has to be bad, because WP knows very well that a good number of players are spoiled. If they are milked with too much excitement in a short period of time, it will eventually come to a point that they will no longer be able to keep up with players' expectation. WP is effectively saving a better OCP Remix Box for future, incase one of the next few OCP boxes disappoint again, and that the passion with EXP/Drop Rate events fades. There is a reason why enriched event and mad bunny event never come together at the same time, and its also not a coincidence why an earlier EXP/Drop Rate event ended at about the same time when Bio 5 came to town.

Although WP is not good at making this game popular, it does know very well how to survive and make ends meet. This sustainable business model is working for them so far, and they cannot afford to give players false hopes and expectations that they cannot meet. Its not that hard to understand if you have ever managed a group or organization. Its more than just about making people happy at present, its also about how to keep up their excitement in future. WP has no control over what kRO will deliver, this isnt an easy business to run after all.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 22 March 2018 - 02:53 PM.

#2 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Fallen on deaf ears. 

I personally think it's better to not always have climaxed, crazy OCP gears every month.

I would still understand if WP is planning the whale extinction strategy though.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Actually the reason the mad bunny and enriched never come at the same time is because the mad bunny changes values via an exe update, and enriched would be changed with that as well making for a super easy refine.

#4 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Actually the reason the mad bunny and enriched never come at the same time is because the mad bunny changes values via an exe update, and enriched would be changed with that as well making for a super easy refine.

Is that called a scripting issue?

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Is that called a scripting issue?

No, Mad Bunny changes the base refine rates for given scenarios, this was explained a long time ago when it first was introduced.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Still waiting for Enriched and Bunny event. Few more months. Hopefully, they will bring NOGH before then or its most likely my promise will be broken lol 

#7 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

No, Mad Bunny changes the base refine rates for given scenarios, this was explained a long time ago when it first was introduced.

Thanks. I don't have much idea with programming but it sounded like a coding problem if both can't be turned on at the same time with their correct target rate so one has to be disabled.

Edited by SoulL1, 03 April 2018 - 06:10 PM.

#8 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

A lot of ppls are disappointed in OCP Remix II, it seems to be ridiculously bad given how much it has been hyped. But what we do know from the past is that, WP knows how to operate its business, with their strategy for sustainability. OCP Remix I was a very good box since it was meant to cover up for the lack of sales in OCP XV, while this one is a different story. OCP XVI sells incredibly well and WP doesnt need extra money for this month. Moreover, we have EXP/Drop Rate Events going on, Engkanto is making its way to mid-TI, and good news about EP 16.2 updates arriving on Sakray very soon. These are quite a lot of excitements, aint they?

Now you understand why, this OCP Remix Box has to be bad, because WP knows very well that a good number of players are spoiled. If they are milked with too much excitement in a short period of time, it will eventually come to a point that they will no longer be able to keep up with players' expectation. WP is effectively saving a better OCP Remix Box for future, incase one of the next few OCP boxes disappoint again, and that the passion with EXP/Drop Rate events fades. There is a reason why enriched event and mad bunny event never come together at the same time, and its also not a coincidence why an earlier EXP/Drop Rate event ended at about the same time when Bio 5 came to town.

Although WP is not good at making this game popular, it does know very well how to survive and make ends meet. This sustainable business model is working for them so far, and they cannot afford to give players false hopes and expectations that they cannot meet. Its not that hard to understand if you have ever managed a group or organization. Its more than just about making people happy at present, its also about how to keep up their excitement in future. WP has no control over what kRO will deliver, this isnt an easy business to run after all.

AMEN!!!! To Lord be the glory!! You got me here bruh... you got me here... "Teary-eyed"  :sob:

#9 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

I personally don't like the that fact that we have to wait on a studio that is located across the globe for approval of anything. I feel like WP is a third party cellphone dealer. They have to wait for corporate approval to set up sales and set up business deals which in reality is so stupid because of the fact that corporate limits you're selling capability. This is the model that bothers the crap out of me, why don't we have as much liberty as jRO where their server is practically almost fully customized. That is my query.

Edited by MikeWolf, 04 April 2018 - 09:11 AM.

#10 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Eh, there a bit of truth in there, but I dunno.. Little bit of critical thinking brings one to the conclusion that if their plan was to drag it out and milk us for as much cash as they could they'd just not release this terribad box at all. Just seems like wasted effort all in all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users