Def Bypass Revelation - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Def Bypass Revelation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

So in the short time span, they were able to implement a cap for defense bypass...

Considering one of the things people mentioned about for WoE, was the concept of capping reductions as to not make everything super -_- invincible, it would seem to be reasonable to assume it too should have been a one day job.

#2 SadakoKun

SadakoKun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

so the cap is 100%? or ?

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

I've not WoE'd for a month now. What changed? I thought people dont tank anymore in current WoE? I'm confused. Do you mean WoE TE?

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

I've not WoE'd for a month now. What changed? I thought people dont tank anymore in current WoE? I'm confused. Do you mean WoE TE?

Nothing, but it was proposed in many WoE threads about adding caps to reductions as to not be able to go so high that you literally could reduce damage to nothing, this was obviously more prone or relevant in TE. But in a very short time span they added caps to defense bypass, which means they could have done at least something that was proposed but did not. It's clear that it obviously isn't a difficult thing to do, so tldr what the hell.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

so tldr what the hell.

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#6 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

add cap for resistance as well, so you will not have immunity to any status effects

you can still stun people, freeze, curse in WOE

iRO can only request right

Edited by Silvianna, 22 March 2018 - 10:17 PM.

#7 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

+1

will make things more interesting

#8 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

So many people left the WoE cause its broken , not mention there are also problem like Cheat and Bots ,

and these people, in the end they spent the rest of their RO life wearing Cute Hats and AFK in town before they then perma quit.

i was thinking WoE Revitalization is serious problem, nerfing skills are serious problem, putting maximum def bypass is serious problem,

not possible to ban Cheaters, and not possible to get Anti-Cheat program.

i was thinking like that cause you see,

there were a lot of locked threads and a lot of deleted threads regarding WoE matters.

then few days ago i got shocked cause WP able to get def bypass fix from kRO in just short amount of time

thats why i wrote on maintenance page " thats so fast , how? "

sum it up, if you ask, what causing people to leave ?

people leave cause WP let them to leave.  :heh:

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

Here we go again. I think I’m ready to go for another round. My unpopular opinions are on.

“WoE can’t be fixed. Our community is divided. Whatever WP does, there will be unhappy people who complain. It all comes down to players mentality.”

No OCPs and OP things in cash shop didn’t kill WoE. Players did. Many things have been said over and over

The only last solution I can suggest is since now we have OP gears for everyone, it’s time to improve rewards. Put Tengu set, Abyss dress, etc in Castle loots.

My RG currently use only one Meg and Tao and he’s rolling. People don’t need Gods to WoE. The only MVP they need is Tao. GTB is nice but not needed. So is Kiel.

#10 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

So they basically nerfed everything?

There is no point to make +14 glorious weapon now that def bypass is capped at 100%

#11 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

the maximum cap is 100% 

idk about the purpose of +14 KvM, i dont pvp 

#12 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:18 AM

all of camps and rest of WP staff brain capicity is needed to come up with great experiments like OCP2 remix, so dont rush them to do anything relevant in the game (thats not actually gamebreaking), itll come soon™ (so in 3-5 years roughly)

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 23 March 2018 - 03:19 AM.

#13 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:22 AM

There is no point to make +14 glorious weapon now that def bypass is capped at 100%

Glorious refinement bonus has nothing to do with def bypass, so that statement makes no sense.

#14 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

Yeppp

#15 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

​You +14 your KVM to utilize Slaughter lvl1's 100% damage bonus.

​At +14, Slaughter lvl1 gives 100% damage boost. (Refine rate - 4) ^2% (caps at +14)

​Some KVM weapons have Slaughter lvl2 which at +14, gives 121% damage boost.

#16 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:55 AM

​You +14 your KVM to utilize Slaughter lvl1's 100% damage bonus.

​At +14, Slaughter lvl1 gives 100% damage boost. (Refine rate - 4) ^2% (caps at +14)

​Some KVM weapons have Slaughter lvl2 which at +14, gives 121% damage boost.

So if they make the def bypass capped at 100 I’m guessing it doesn’t stack anymore.

KVM works on Demi human aswell so if I have +14 kvm then There is no use to wear pervy mask nor the bsg or abusive if I’m up against Demi human monster. This is sucks who ever came up with this idea lol

Kvm it self gives 25% bypass +14 abusive 56% and [ bsg 50% or pervy assuming you have 126 luk 105%] and 20% from enforcer shoes
Since this is capped at 100 so it’s not necessary to wear bsg[1] nor perv mask to get 100% capped

Edited by Handersen, 23 March 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#17 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:46 AM

KRO test server just add 1s CD to all pots include slims.

So I think they are trying to imporve the WOE in three ways:

1: CD for pots

2: cap for resistance

3: reduce damage

This should be good, because in the past few years super high resistance(demi,range,etc)+0 CD autopots make some classes unkill-able, and Gravity has no choice but increase players' damage.

Seriously I dont know why it takes damn 15 years for Gravity to realize that 0 CD pots=idiot?

Our RG God mentioned that he only use 1 meg now, yea I know this is happening.

KRO will try to enhance the god items but seriously I dont whink this will fix the problem.

The best way is nerf all god items and open a new equipment window(similar to shadow gear window) which is only for god items. God items dont need to be op but they need to be irreplaceable.

Edited by zx56vb, 23 March 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#18 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

pretty much same with what jRO had right now, cap for resistance, cap for bypass, reducing skill damage, pot customization

and one thing that very important

kue8e600000302rs.jpg

jRO prohibits Doram to enter WoE

"There won't be Doram race on the WoE event. The dev team needs to recheck and rebalance this race first."

while in iRO and kRO they are murdering hoooomans freely 

Edited by Silvianna, 23 March 2018 - 05:52 AM.

#19 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

In TE, thanks to op OCP items, Champion's G-Fist can one shot any one even with full reduction gears. And people who play TE already know how to deal with those super tanky players. If over 100% demi-human reduction start increasing damage, then it should be capped at 99% or 100% though.

#20 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

They can fix some things very quick if the issue is critical or that ppls seriously demand it to be fixed. kRO is lazy and wont listen to pleas from ppls unless they realize they absolutely have to take some actions. Its nothing new to me really.

#21 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

add cap for resistance as well, so you will not have immunity to any status effects

you can still stun people, freeze, curse in WOE

iRO can only request right

If we do so, there gonna be bunch of performers spamming Dazzler and Unbarring Octave.

And, it won't be fun. At least in TE, to grant high demi-human reduction, you need to give up freeze immunity. And, to survive from Acid Bombs, you need to reduce VIT down to 1. A lot of players freeze and stuns in WoE TE already.

#22 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:42 AM

take a look jRO woe

woe-ing in land of ocps, where so many immunity of status effects granted on their gears

yet you can even freeze entire guild with Storm Gust.

in some videos, i  saw bunch of Super Novices joining woe and they are so tough.

in iRO, stasis vs stasis ?  :heh:

lets say the cap is 70%, you are able to reduce the chance but you just not immune to it.

Edited by Silvianna, 23 March 2018 - 06:44 AM.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

take a look jRO woe

woe-ing in land of ocps, where so many immunity of status effects granted on their gears
yet you can even freeze entire guild with Storm Gust.

in some videos, i saw bunch of Super Novices joining woe and they are so tough.

in iRO, stasis vs stasis ? :heh:

lets say the cap is 70%, you are able to reduce the chance but you just not immune to it.

iRO, people cheat. People abuse. People alt. Whatever it’s takes to win, they will do it. I always believe people are not the same and always holds true to me.

#24 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

iRO is my last server, im not going to quit playing until the time where they are  ( wp ) the one who close it  :p_smile:

ill just semi hiatus until we get 16.2 update 

Edited by Silvianna, 23 March 2018 - 07:08 AM.

#25 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

idk, theres thousands of small and big things in RO that could probably be improved without too much effort, even if the code is old. Sometimes it just needs as much as adjusting some numbers, fix stuff that has been fixed in the past in a similar way, etc. I dont know why WP keeps hiding behind their kRO excuse. Arent they allowed to change anything of relevance in the game without kROs permission? Then go full trump and negotiate the contract in terms of being able to improve the game if you do it yourself, or -_- break it o_O If they refuse to let you guys improve stuff thats easy to improve,-_- them lol. Find out how you get the freedom to do so.

And if its lack of people who are able to code, use the freakin OCP money to recruit them????!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! instead of burning it on new servers that crash in less than a year for fks sake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users