Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

We don't want anyone 99/70 in 2 Da-

1t50sg.jpg

Xelith, you claim you didn't use Juno Guild Dungeon to level this character. That seems to imply you are just trying to stir up trouble. Is this the case?

#3 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:53 AM

When did I ever imply that?

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:57 AM

When did I ever imply that?

The exact quote was "Nope

We dont need to suck GM *snip*to level.

No Juno needed"

Please do not poison the well on a discussion that should be about improving the server into the long term. I understand the desire for trolling and entertainment. But not on this subject. Not today.

#5 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:03 AM

How are you going to take what I say on a discord and throw it on your official forums?

My point in that comment is we don't care what you do. I was speaking for everyone in this game that feels like the rug got pulled out from underneath them. Tboning us with an exp nerf right after trans release leaves a really bad taste in people's mouth. You turned 2 weeks of work for the average player into 6 weeks.

And here you have it. Server 1st 99 because you failed to "fix" something. It's completely unfair. That's why I'm posting it.

I told you my suggestion to "help". But you claim everything is correct now. So uhhhh...lol?

All you had to do is warn people.

#6 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

How are you going to take what I say on a discord and throw it on your official forums?

My point in that comment is we don't care what you do. I was speaking for everyone in this game that feels like the rug got pulled out from underneath them. Tboning us with an exp nerf right after trans release leaves a really bad taste in people's mouth. You turned 2 weeks of work for the average player into 6 weeks.

And here you have it. Server 1st 99 because you failed to "fix" something. It's completely unfair. That's why I'm posting it.

I told you my suggestion to "help". But you claim everything is correct now. So uhhhh...lol?

All you had to do is warn people.

A couple points.

1. Because you shared your opinion in "public" and this is the Internet in 2018, expect to have what you say anywhere be brought up elsewhere

2. I don't feel as though the rug was pulled out from under me. Does it suck for some people? Sure does. However this is an MMO, online experience (haha get it?) is subject to change at any time.

3. Back in my day we got a few mil an hour if we were lucky and useful. The fact that I can still pull more than that solo in an inefficient map is good enough for me. In fact, it's what I expected after my long hiatus and while pleasantly surprised at the options, like Jup, I also didn't care if they went away and was half-expecting them to eventually.

4. Personally, in my humble and washed up opinion, I would have rather had the OLD 3x multiplier on trans and exp values from back then. Would have been a better option and allowed a lot of other maps to still be viable (like other GDs). It's all about balance, which I think you and I may agree on if I'm reading into your opinions correctly.

Edited by axi0m, 23 March 2018 - 06:30 AM.

#7 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Please understand, I am in 100% favor of nerfing the exp so that leveling takes much much longer.

But it wasn't done, and a great handful of people jumped on it. Now you have about 80ish 90+ trans with everyone else wondering why THEY have to work harder.

P.S. I don't care who quotes me from discord. Just didn't think Camp played the petty game.

Edited by XelithNet17, 23 March 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#8 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

Also Camp if you want to message me go ahead and message me on Discord. I'm not hard to find and I don't care for this 'ball in your court' nonsense.

#9 axi0m

axi0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

Please understand, I am in 100% favor of nerfing the exp so that leveling takes much much longer.

But it wasn't done, and a great handful of people jumped on it. Now you have about 80ish 90+ trans with everyone else wondering why THEY have to work harder.

I anticipated hard work, like I said though I'm just an old washed up has-been.

As for nerfing exp everywhere, I somewhat agree but there needs to be a balance. Not every class will be efficient at the 1-2 maps that are "ideal" even in a nerfed situation. If it's going to be nerfed it needs to be perfectly balanced and adjusted so that different classes have the opportunity for similar exp/hr however in a game like RO with such a variety of builds, cheese and other nonsense that's nearly impossible. Tailoring to a classes strengths is fine, but there should not be such a large disparity.

#10 elpeasant

elpeasant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

Xelith is right, the EXP nerf was needed to prevent everyone from 99ing in 2 days and having no reason to log on.

However, deciding to do it randomly, 12-24 hours after trans dropped and it had already been abused, was a very poor decision.

I didn't get to play the first day after trans because of real life, then I paid for VIP and logged on, and Porcellio and Juperos were nerfed to hell. I went to Medusa/Anolians for 10 mins and said nope and logged out.

Edited by elpeasant, 23 March 2018 - 06:36 AM.

#11 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Camp buddy I already gave you the fix. Just renig on this poor choice, leave everything the way it was until Wed. We don't even need an EXP event. Just warn people it's coming. I promise you'll avoid all of this if you do this.

Don't let pride blind you. The troll is right this time. I know it sucks and today it probably a really bad day at the office. But dude.....just do it. People won't quit and everything will be smooth sailing.

Also B> Grenades and Acid Bottles.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:09 AM

Perhaps I shouldn't have revealed the discord sayings. But that being said it is quite a bit unkind to be posting a image so heavily related to the current concern without it's context even if you are for or against. All I ask is that if were going to talk about the great concern we give the factual context so that we point towards the right decisions regardless of whose opinion it is.

I have been pulling the exp/hp ratios for the monsters pre update versus current.

Name (Pre Update, Post Update, With Event)
Cobalt Mineral 0.99 0.44 0.88
Heavy Metaling 0.98 0.54 1.08
Hells Apocalipse 1.79 0.39 0.78
Zakudam 1.49 0.43 0.86
Dimik 1.2 0.35 0.7
Venatu 1.33 0.42 0.84

Compared to a random selection monsters in a similar level bracket

Monster (Base EXP Ratio, Event EXP Ratio) these are still some of the best monsters in the game.

ALICEL 0.24 0.47
ALIOT 0.27 0.54
BLOODY_MURDERER 0.35 0.71
CAT_O_NINE_TAIL 0.17 0.34
DARK_ILLUSION 0.11 0.22
DARK_SNAKE_LORD 0.13 0.27
INCUBUS 0.30 0.61
MYSTELTAINN 0.19 0.39
OWL_BARON 0.18 0.36
OWL_DUKE 0.27 0.54
SKELETON_GENERAL 0.47 0.94
VIOLY 0.35 0.70
WANDER_MAN 0.71 1.42
WRAITH_DEAD 0.24 0.48

If we further add another 40% exp to the event those ratios for most of Juno /Juperos approach what they were before the update and boost other leveling areas

Cobalt Mineral 1.056
Heavy Metaling 1.296
Hells Apocalipse 0.936
Zakudam 1.032
Dimik 0.84
Venatu 1.008

ALICEL 0.56
ALIOT 0.64
BLOODY_MURDERER 0.84
CAT_O_NINE_TAIL 0.40
DARK_ILLUSION 0.25
DARK_SNAKE_LORD 0.32
INCUBUS 0.72
MYSTELTAINN 0.46
OWL_BARON 0.43
OWL_DUKE 0.65
SKELETON_GENERAL 1.12
VIOLY 0.83
WANDER_MAN 1.69
WRAITH_DEAD 0.57

TL:DR Lets do an EXP event that benefits all maps rather than just have a very small handful of maps stand out way above the rest.

#13 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

Yeah that's a great idea. And make sure you are 100% clear what the rates will look like on completion of the event.

It's almost like...you're taking my idea without taking my idea. Damn you're good.

#14 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:34 AM

I didn't get to play the first day after trans because of real life, then I paid for VIP and logged on, and Porcellio and Juperos were nerfed to hell. I went to Medusa/Anolians for 10 mins and said nope and logged out.

Bolded Porcellio there, as I wouldn't want people reading your post and getting confused. Porcellio EXP hasn't been touched, from the testing I've done. Sure, the map is crowded, but also spawn is high, so use those fly wings and get that EXP!

#15 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

Bolded Porcellio there, as I wouldn't want people reading your post and getting confused. Porcellio EXP hasn't been touched, from the testing I've done. Sure, the map is crowded, but also spawn is high, so use those fly wings and get that EXP!

Porcs actually got boosted with the extra +100% exp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users