#1 kantogin

kantogin

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Honestly i dont understand why taunts even have a downtime on them. In my opinion both taunts should only have a 1 sec. downtime to them so a tank can actually be a tank instead of trying to out DPS everyone else in order to hold aggro long enough to use taunt again. I dont know about everyone else but 10 seconds can be a long time to wait just to try and take aggro from everyone else

Edited by kantogin, 29 December 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

So you don't have to just spam them until your fingers bleed and have to never worry about losing aggro even with only Taunting Cry Lv 1? O_o

#3 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:28 AM

Honestly i dont understand why taunts even have a downtime on them. In my opinion both taunts should only have a 1 sec. downtime to them so a tank can actually be a tank instead of trying to out DPS everyone else in order to hold aggro long enough to use taunt again. I dont know about everyone else but 10 seconds can be a long time to wait just to try and take aggro from everyone else

because taunt can be used on pvp , to unstealth sins

#4 kantogin

kantogin

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

i still dont see the big deal...if someone is just running around taunting then they are an easy enough target for anyone and sins have crossbows and their dash....besides PvP having a 10 second downtime for PvE is just ridiculous

Edited by kantogin, 29 December 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#5 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Should try the Druids Doomguard tuant CD then >>

You can easy chain 2 tuants and lowblow as a prot to never lose agro vs a mob/boss

Kim

#6 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

taunts are fine. You shouldn't lose agro if you keep taunting

#7 kantogin

kantogin

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

one....noone goes looking for a druid as a tank and two in order to keep aggro you need to max both taunts which is a massive waste of skill points if you really want it to be a tank...to max both you have to ignore defense and heals basically

#8 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

That's not true. You dont even need skin of stone. Take spirit int and max it + DNA. That + armor gets you more than enough. One of the main things for being a tank is the taunts. Maxing them is not a waste, its keeping agro. Who would have thought that in end-game you have to max taunts to keep agro?

Now I dont own a tank but I just looked at the skill tree and it looks pretty damn easy. Max everything on the far right to do with block rate. Max everything in the heal column, max spirit ints, low blow at 5. Shield strike 5, Atk spd 5, both taunts max. Although I'm pretty sure you don't need maxed taunts to keep agro. 1-10 on single taunt only adds about 200 agro. That taunt is also spammable every 3 seconds. 5 The little taunt for range and max the aoe taunt. Max aoe taunt is 2200 which pretty much makes the 200 from single taunt like nothing. Also there is low blow. If the tank taunts throughout the raid there should be no problem whatsoever as far as agro goes. You can't expect to taunt a few times in the beginning then watch a movie.

whoops bad info source. According to kruxena.com single taunt is 1k agro maxed. Spam that every 3 seconds and it beats out aoe taunt by about double. Aoe taunt is 2220 lvl 10. I'm pretty sure if seriously needed you could cut a few points out of taunt and with those huge numbers stilll tank successfully.

Look
Seems I forgot attack speed buff but you can cut out of restoration and taunts for that if you want it.

I'm not going to bother to touch on druid tank.

Edited by Syre, 29 December 2010 - 10:46 PM.

#9 Kishandra

Kishandra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

my level 71 prot has

10- quick attack
8 in taunt, aoe taunt,
10 stone skin and survival instinct
1 filler point in fighting will and physical blessing

all prot skills as maxed as can be except no points in restraint rescission

If i didnt love my 2 hander I could drop 4 points from Quick Attack and max out taunts

level 8 taunts seems to be plenty, but i can see the bright side of level 10

On topic: no need to shorten taunt cooldowns, a prot already has more then enough to continue spamming skills in a raid.

Edited by Kishandra, 29 December 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#10 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:54 PM

I will say this. If a druid can keep agro with one taunt of 2k every 9.1 seconds, then you sure as hell can keep agro with all the :angry: the protector class gets.

#11 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

If we are talking about Protectors, investing in taunt skills is paramount. This is their job, jeez. Taunt skills used together with Low Blow should be more than enough to keep aggro in any situation. Even at high levels with MONSTROUS dps in the party. The only reason I have seen for losing aggro is simply being lazy or slow or absent-minded and not using these skills regularly. While Protectors do not deal high damage, these 3 skills are always enough to allow them do their job.

In the case of Commanders things are more complicated. This is actually a class that NEEDS the skill points and can not afford to just throw them away on taunts. Still, and only if Commanders are inclined towards PvE AND tanking, it is not necessary to max taunts. It all depends how effective is the damage and dps they have. I have found out that even with lvl 6 Taunting Cry (and JUST lvl 1 simple Taunt) I can tank most of the time without much trouble. As long as I dont wait for 5 min to use a taunt! It is perfectly possible to use taunts and attack skills in succession and this certainly helps keeping the aggro. Of course, I have to mention that my dps is quite high too. Only very rarely I will lose aggro and only with exceptional characters, mostly single target dps targeting some mob within a large party of mobs (usually one of those I am not directly fighting or affecting with my skills). In raids, where there is just one single big target, there is hardly ever a problem.

So, everything is possible and perfectly OK as it is now. Just needs some common sense and attention during the task. :angry:

#12 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Posted Image

#13 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:00 AM

Should try the Druids Doomguard tuant CD then >>

You can easy chain 2 tuants and lowblow as a prot to never lose agro vs a mob/boss

Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users