March 28th RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 28th RE:START Maintenance

134 replies to this topic

#51 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

Well you could change the clip reeard for the 6 edps and in the karvo raffle make it 1/100000 and make the grand price a high weapon box (always wondered why this aint a grand price)

#52 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

According to March Calendary, we should get today another Headgear quest, no?

up

#53 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

Greetings,

If you have concerns about a mod action or even CM to contact the next CM in the listing [link]. This is a maintenance thread so please keep it within the notes, if you have something unanswered then please post that up and wait, answers will come :)

Being said, posts of spam have been removed. Further spam of the same will no longer be tolerated.

#54 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Greetings,
If you have concerns about a mod action or even CM to contact the next CM in the listing [link]. This is a maintenance thread so please keep it within the notes, if you have something unanswered then please post that up and wait, answers will come :)
Being said, posts of spam have been removed. Further spam of the same will no longer be tolerated.

How was anything that removed not within the grounds of the patch notes, there are 3 pages of concerns, that have yet to be answered, but before I get a 5 day suspension, I guess I'll stop here.

#55 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

as most servers have it why isnt there a stat reset npc with a cooldown phase for silver vine like in previous servers ? and any chance of having a char from the defunct classic server being transferred over though wpe like the name change services

#56 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

How was anything that removed not within the grounds of the patch notes, there are 3 pages of concerns, that have yet to be answered, but before I get a 5 day suspension, I guess I'll stop here.

Hello, the staff are aware of the the concerns with the Raffler, please be patient for their follow up.

#57 DropHue

DropHue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

cinnamon, you avatar makes me wanna faint  :heh:

#58 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

Hey everyone,

I understand your concerns and desire for questions to be answered and will do my best to ask Camp and the Production team during maintenance. However, please keep in mind that during maintenance periods they are handling various tasks (such as database work, testing, etc) that mean they cannot answer instantly.

In this case, the Raffler is set and scripted for this week. Raffler is going to continue to be an ongoing project for RE:START as we work to remove zeny from circulation.

Thank you for your understanding  :no1:

#59 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

Please enable ice wall on abyss dungeon so we can have better partying. Thanks.

#60 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:55 AM

Hey everyone,

I understand your concerns and desire for questions to be answered and will do my best to ask Camp and the Production team during maintenance. However, please keep in mind that during maintenance periods they are handling various tasks (such as database work, testing, etc) that mean they cannot answer instantly.

In this case, the Raffler is set and scripted for this week. Raffler is going to continue to be an ongoing project for RE:START as we work to remove zeny from circulation.

Thank you for your understanding :no1:

That argument doesn't really work, considering there's time between the patch notes going up and maint starting.

You could always just post the patch notes a day earlier and have all the time in the world to answer questions.

Edited by Stephcake, 28 March 2018 - 10:56 AM.

#61 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your understanding :no1:

Thanks for the reply

But your raffler idea is rediculous.

People have offered many viable solutions even before u put this in, and u choose to ignore it and piss people off as per usual.

Again appreciate the reply, but there has to be a better way to handle this than what the staff is doing now, because it's not working

This isn't editing skills, this isn't editing game breaking stuff. This is a single npc that should take 10-15 minutes of ur time to update and swap around. There's no reason why u can't read the patch notes and be like "hey, u know what? Look at the suggestions, maybe our idea is wrong and maybe the community knows what they are talking about, let's try it their way and see how the raffler works"

People have asked for multiple changes to raffler, I myself, know have mentioned blue herbs strawberries, zenorc fangs, elu and ori being removed. But as far as I could remember I never saw anyone calling for the removal of fabric, hearts, or alcohol, yet u remove fabric???? Lol.

Now that trans is out I see the increased demand for strawberries and, to some extend, blue herbs. Zenorc fangs have always been lol. And Elu//Ori are replaceable

Edited by Spoon, 28 March 2018 - 11:06 AM.

#62 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Server:Ymir, fRO Chaos

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

It took you 3 hours to rescript the raffler and put Karvo in but you can't use your code from last week for Fabrics?

#63 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

That argument doesn't really work, considering there's time between the patch notes going up and maint starting.

You could always just post the patch notes a day earlier and have all the time in the world to answer questions.

Patch notes are usually ready and posted the night before maintenance. Unfortunately, we don't stay at the office all night long ;P
I can try to post them earlier, but it would depend on whether or not the Production Team has all the updates ready that early.

This isn't editing skills, this isn't editing game breaking stuff. This is a single npc that should take 10-15 minutes of ur time to update and swap around. There's no reason why u can't read the patch notes and be like "hey, u know what? Look at the suggestions, maybe our idea is wrong and maybe the community knows what they are talking about, let's try it their way and see how the raffler works"

Besides Fabric, Clips, and Amistr bags being changed - what other things would you like to see being added/removed from the Raffler in a future update?

#64 GeekAthair

GeekAthair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:geekathair
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

I just want to say thank you for bringing back the 1-20 ores raffle. This saves me a ton of time and Z!

#65 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

Patch notes are usually ready and posted the night before maintenance. Unfortunately, we don't stay at the office all night long ;P
I can try to post them earlier, but it would depend on whether or not the Production Team has all the updates ready that early.

Besides Fabric, Clips, and Amistr bags being changed - what other things would you like to see being added/removed from the Raffler in a future update?

I've mentioned in the past, u can replace Elu and ori with posion spores and stems, this would be good for twilight alchemy down the road and people can make alcohol with this, also poison spores are used in EDP as well. that frees up alcohol for ur karvo raffler. If u insist on keeping karvos at 500k, at least make the grand prize something enticing, as I stated earlier in the thread with a rare remix costume box release type idea.

The bubble gum and BM prizes were good, u could have just changed fabric and Immortal hearts yo 1-10 for like 60k instead of what they are now, and then change amistr bag to like rideword. And clip isn't an issue if u changed that to karvo instead of fabric with, again, a much more enticing grand prize.

Basically either leave it like it was last week but only switch zenorcs to ur high priced karvos with a more enticing prize. Or switch out elu and ori with stems and pspores, replace alcohol with karvo, and either way, update the fabric and Immortal hearts to a 1-10 raffler at a higher price (don't go freaking overboard) around 60k each raffle. Grand prizes like amistr bag can be swapped to a different itrm like rideword hat (hell increase the mermaid hearts to 90k 1-10 to make up for the prize value)

Edited by Spoon, 28 March 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#66 CaucasianShark

CaucasianShark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

I don't understand why Amistr Bags and Clips are still in the Raffler. Pretty sure they are not in demand by any means and have a lot on the server now because of the Raffler. Amistr Bags even have a quest for them if people really want one and don't want to buy it off of a player. Clips are pretty cheap...

Let's change up the prizes a little bit and drop Amistr Bags and Clips for something else atleast.

I can totally get behind this. Another option is give us a poll of what items to get removed. Allow the server to decide what should get replaced. If you say you're adding EPD and karvo make a survey to let us, the server pick what we want to be removed. 

#67 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

I find 'Easter Egg Hunt' offensive.

Would you consider changing it to 'Chocolate Egg Hunt' instead?

#68 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

One would think that having items as zeny sinks that people actually want helps with the whole idea of a zeny sink...

Anyway, to get raffler suggestions, all you have to do is read back through this thread and the ones before it. Reading is good.

(Asking for suggestions now basically sounds like none of the previous suggestions were read at all btw, might wanna rethink that)

Edited by Stephcake, 28 March 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#69 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

I don't understand why Amistr Bags and Clips are still in the Raffler. Pretty sure they are not in demand by any means and have a lot on the server now because of the Raffler. Amistr Bags even have a quest for them if people really want one and don't want to buy it off of a player. Clips are pretty cheap...

Let's change up the prizes a little bit and drop Amistr Bags and Clips for something else atleast.

amistr bag is pretty good reward also it should made raffler into investment machine woe zone with times to grind and random reward etc. Clip can be get out and switch it for another big prize like token box or something like that.

#70 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

I've mentioned in the past, u can replace Elu and ori with posion spores and stems, this would be good for twilight alchemy down the road and people can make alcohol with this, also poison spores are used in EDP as well. that frees up alcohol for ur karvo raffler. If u insist on keeping karvos at 500k, at least make the grand prize something enticing, as I stated earlier in the thread with a rare remix costume box release type idea.

The bubble gum and BM prizes were good, u could have just changed fabric and Immortal hearts yo 1-10 for like 60k instead of what they are now, and then change amistr bag to like rideword. And clip isn't an issue if u changed that to karvo instead of fabric with, again, a much more enticing grand prize.

Basically either leave it like it was last week but only switch zenorcs to ur high priced karvos with a more enticing prize. Or switch out elu and ori with stems and pspores, replace alcohol with karvo, and either way, update the fabric and Immortal hearts to a 1-10 raffler at a higher price (don't go freaking overboard) around 60k each raffle. Grand prizes like amistr bag can be swapped to a different itrm like rideword hat (hell increase the mermaid hearts to 90k 1-10 to make up for the prize value)

I can totally get behind this. Another option is give us a poll of what items to get removed. Allow the server to decide what should get replaced. If you say you're adding EPD and karvo make a survey to let us, the server pick what we want to be removed. 

Noted - I'll save these for the Production Team to look over later and see what they decide to do with these suggestions. Thanks!

#71 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

One would think that having items as zeny sinks that people actually want helps with the whole idea of a zeny sink...

Anyway, to get raffler suggestions, all you have to do is read back through this thread and the ones before it. Reading is good.

(Asking for suggestions now basically sounds like none of the previous suggestions were read at all btw, might wanna rethink that)

I literally mentioned the spores and stems for twlight alchemy and replacing alcohol with karvos before and I think camp saying they would keep it for consideration. It's like they are on auto response

I rewrite it for hope and constantly do things out of hope. But the more sensible side of me says these ideas won't happen. They will continue to remove and screw with things that didn't really need to be screwed with. And they will continue to see ppl rage quit the game.there are a few times that the right thing is persued, buy even that goes horribly wrong or takes ages to accomplish. The raffler could be fixed in 15 mins today, as a sign of good faith, but it won't happen

Edited by Spoon, 28 March 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#72 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

other "legacy" headgears like baseball cap, kafra band, blank eyes, etc.

quest headgears (dress hat, fish mouth, rideword hat)

1 or 2x HE manual (fabrics please)

2x bloody branch (1-10 db/attempt)

high weapon box (can use 1-2 obb @ 3m/attempt or so)

we really dont need the gum, zenorc fang, or mermaid heart. you might as well just give 1x glistening coat in lieu of those two materials

#73 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

We want Ice Wall enabled in Abyss Dungeon. Thank you.

#74 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

You all need fabric? I'll get you all you need for the right price! I'm not greedy. Just make it worth my time! My main is a Stalker... 'gank' much?

#75 FrozenTeardrop

FrozenTeardrop

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

I would love to see baseball cap being added somehow!  Probably not through raffle since people would lose their cool but maybe through another Valkyrie scroll or headgear quest. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users