April 4th RESTART Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 4th RESTART Maintenance

116 replies to this topic

#51 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

It reflects his state of mind while being the in between us and the Korean over lords when’s kvm and don’t mske a fishing quest and call it done like classic
:edit since classic is technically gone the way of ymir when can we pay to transfer out to a active server

Edited by zerowon, 04 April 2018 - 11:11 AM.

#52 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

I look forward to seeing what this EXE can do for ...further 'balancing' on the server. I do hope the duping stops when that gets figured out.

As for EXP, I also would like to see rates (outside of bios and GD) get boosted. I think having one solo map per 10-20 levels hurts player morale AND the economy.
KP should not be so valuable that in-game items are only worth selling to the elite. And how is a new player supposed to keep up, and compete with bots? And when everyone has only one map for 20 levels, it needs to be a map worth partying for (especially for classes that would easily just solo by spamming sp items and other consumables to 99).
Otherwise, there'll just be even more of this...
UTmvFhV.png
And with all the afkemists camping most of that map (porcellios), what are the rules of KSing at this point anyway? We need active players in parties! I like the hunting boards, but where can you join a party to making grinding easier for 15-20 levels outside of dungeons for level 70+?

Unrelated but very annoying, last night it took me an hour to find one NPC ( :ph34r: ing Bismarc!!) for the blacksmith quest. Comodo is pretty and all, but it's a HUGE map and while the NPC told me to go to Comodo (where it was hiding at the very top), the internet was telling me to go to hugel. Would it really cause an imbalance if the NPC could tell you what PART of the map to look in? This game is too old to require so much detective work.

I've also encountered a few errors with NPCs and partying. After failing a task with an NPC, I have to relog before trying again because every success after that is counted as a failure. Partying sometimes took a relog too ('invalid party name' or it still says another character from the same account is still in the party, even after they've left), though I don't know if it's been a problem as long as the one with the blacksmith quest.

And lastly, are third classes really coming to this server? I really hope not...  :p_swt:

#53 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

Unrelated but very annoying, last night it took me an hour to find one NPC ( :ph34r: ing Bismarc!!) for the blacksmith quest. Comodo is pretty and all, but it's a HUGE map and while the NPC told me to go to Comodo (where it was hiding at the very top), the internet was telling me to go to hugel.

I've messaged Cinnamon directly about this, who has passed it on to the WP team, so hopefully the Blacksmith Job Change Quest and the Hunter Job Change Quest NPCs will be corrected within the next couple of maintenances. Doesn't seem like it'll be this one though!

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

So you're still going for hp:exp ratios for monsters that summon slaves? That is ridiculous. 

#55 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

While the turn ins seem like a good idea across all GDs. I'd heavily reconsider and put some more thought in on some of the HP/Exp ratio adjustments. Some are too far down to make attempting GD worth it once you consider that PK is enabled on those maps. Even with the addition of the boards.

#56 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

yuno_fild05 still has teleport disabled on it
please increase other map area exp and offer turn ins. for example: alde baran/juno (monsters from magma, KH dun, goats, etc)

item turn-ins for leveling low, crappy characters up to like base 50 (?). earthworm peelings, bill of birds, yoyo tail, etc

#57 Laily

Laily

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

I really wanted to know when to update the drops and the maps. After trans's arrival, nothing changed, mvps maps and drops. The warpportal, let's review this, please ...

Im curious about this too since i want giant axe from orc hero.

#58 LyzAg

LyzAg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

I vote we make this like an actual lottery and just one person wins daily and stop giving away losing prizes. :no1:

#59 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Greetings,

We have an ongoing discussion about AB balance here, please use it to post your concerns.

This is a maintenance thread and is not appropriate for this kind of discussion.

Related posts will be funneled to the ongoing discussion or removed as appropriate.

#60 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

please increase other map area exp and offer turn ins. for example: alde baran/juno (monsters from magma, KH dun, goats, etc)
item turn-ins for leveling low, crappy characters up to like base 50 (?). earthworm peelings, bill of birds, yoyo tail, etc

I totally agree with turn-ins for kills, but items? This server really needs hunting boards that encourage and reward partying in maps that are worth grinding in for 15-20 levels.

But item turn-ins would just further kill parties and bot farms would get stronger. Beginners would benefit more from help from other players, while the elite would just buy from bots. They will always require too much hunting for newbies, and leveling on those maps for the items would slow down the grind, nevermind getting looted or KSed by bots.
Not to mention, a map populated with a lot of parties, like Abyss Lake or Magma (back in the day?) would make botting difficult.
Item turn-ins also could encourage solo-ing over partying. I'd rather see those maps become more useful for active parties than for bots.

#61 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Greetings,

We have an ongoing discussion about AB balance here, please use it to post your concerns.

This is a maintenance thread and is not appropriate for this kind of discussion.

Related posts will be funneled to the ongoing discussion or removed as appropriate.

How about you do the clever thing and leave the posts alone so they can be discussed where the most people are actually looking at them?  What does trying to hide obvious facts about it accomplish?  We are being civil about it, we are suggesting actual fixes and this weekly change added fabric back to the raffler.  What exactly is fabric used for and why was it added?  Answer that and you can see why it's mentioned in this thread.  Don't add acid bomb mats into the weekly raffler if you don't want it discussed in the weekly thread, its that simple.

#62 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

Half an hour wait... Any word on how long you're going to take?

INB4 this is probably removed and we won't get an answer.

#63 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

Server is Open

#64 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Here are previews of the new costumes:

DwNnkb8.png

Costume Vajra

0zUuWjv.png

Costume White Wizard Hat

Ro7hxhu.png

Costume Sorcerer Hood

MvznfBf.png

Costume Book of Magic

kwYUdpJ.png

Costume Darkness Veil

r3zHuKL.png

Costume Floating Sage Stone

eFmSLb0.png

Costume Magic Circle

B45uzjb.png

Costume Radio Antenna

d4rk5kF.png

Costume Blinking Small Eyes

tSmeQ4H.png

Costume Laser of Eagle

:) 

GaRi9ZA.png

#65 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Here are previews of the new costumes:

DwNnkb8.png
Costume Vajra

0zUuWjv.png
Costume White Wizard Hat

Ro7hxhu.png
Costume Sorcerer Hood

MvznfBf.png
Costume Book of Magic

kwYUdpJ.png
Costume Darkness Veil

r3zHuKL.png
Costume Floating Sage Stone

eFmSLb0.png
Costume Magic Circle

B45uzjb.png
Costume Radio Antenna

d4rk5kF.png
Costume Blinking Small Eyes

tSmeQ4H.png
Costume Laser of Eagle

:)

GaRi9ZA.png

I like those books, but warm cat muffler would be better :)

#66 ktbzZz

ktbzZz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

You guys forgot to nerf Zen. It's still instant.

Either buff SinX or nerf Acid Bomb and Gfist cool down.

It's impossible to tank or survive a fist without MVP level items, but you guys decided to reduce the cooldown from 10 to 3 seconds, and make Zen instant.

Make Poison Bottle an NPC item, or put it in the kafra shop so we can buy it.

#67 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

You guys forgot to nerf Zen. It's still instant.

Either buff SinX or nerf Acid Bomb and Gfist cool down.

It's impossible to tank or survive a fist without MVP level items, but you guys decided to reduce the cooldown from 10 to 3 seconds, and make Zen instant.

Make Poison Bottle an NPC item, or put it in the kafra shop so we can buy it.

Gfist cd is still 10 seconds, the balance changes aren't in yet.

and when they do, I believe Zen is supposed to be nerfed as well.

Also, where are the hunting boards located for the Guild Dungeons?

#68 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

If Zen gets a cast time and gfist still has some sort of cooldown, acid bomb better end up with a hefty dmg nerf and cooldown.  If zen gets a cast time and cooldown is cut down to 5 seconds we effectively gain nothing but even less orbs to do dmg with outside of gfist.

Edited by Wyndor, 04 April 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#69 NiPaigrat

NiPaigrat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Also, where are the hunting boards located for the Guild Dungeons?

#70 Omegaw

Omegaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:IRL

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

Greetings,

maybe if the maint actually addressed the community's concerns there would be more discussion about the listed items from Camp

-1 for alch mats in the raffler

#71 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

Well, I found the Hunting Board in Valfreya GD
Inside the GD bottom middle where the portal is to leave.

I assume it is the same for most GD (to be by the portal to leave GD)

Edited by Aruteeru, 04 April 2018 - 02:59 PM.

#72 Limones

Limones

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Nice work u better than warpportal team) (no inform about borad location)

#73 Redline9

Redline9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Valf GD is currently unplayable

Banshee's used to average about 680-980 dmg, now the avg about 1000-1450....Huh???

The spawn rate for the amount of things you need to kill to get good exp is not going to cut it.

Went to check the EXP rate and averaged around 5-6mil per hour. I can pull 5-6 TIMES MORE in Luina GD. This nerf is terrible and unbalanced.

Edited by Redline9, 04 April 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#74 iWumbo

iWumbo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

maybe if the maint actually addressed the community's concerns there would be more discussion about the listed items from Camp

-1 for alch mats in the raffler

There was alot of people crying to put fabric back in and lower karvos prices. Now you want them to take them back out again? Lul

The issue isnt the mats its the skill. No one wants to farm all those mats or pay a ton for them. 

Edited by iWumbo, 04 April 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#75 FoxLionheart

FoxLionheart

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

No option to buy the new box and the garment box with silvervine?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users