Clash of the Titans 2010 *Postponed* - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Clash of the Titans 2010 *Postponed*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#26 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

Slight skill adjustments will be made prior to the Clash of the Titans event. Item Restrictions will be posted later today and this is for both the Leonis and Draconis servers.

mhmm. hopefully its good

#27 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

yeiii no sleeping abusing raiders and no spawn protected mages debuffing!

Those are like, the only 2 concerns I have. I am a little concerned about being chain stunned by mages even without them having a debuff, but the trade off is they got low defense, usually, so they should die in this 5 on 5.

Other concern is the verdict on the food, and the verdict on IM buffs.. and Aura's.

#28 floptop

floptop

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Leo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

yeiii no sleeping abusing raiders and no spawn protected mages debuffing!

I hope so, rofl

#29 Galexy

Galexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTexas, Usa
  • Server:Leonis.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Will there be like a spectators stand where we can all watch from? Or a way for people who aren't participating to watch the event unfold, like streaming vids or aerial viewpoints or something along those lines?

#30 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Will there be like a spectators stand where we can all watch from? Or a way for people who aren't participating to watch the event unfold, like streaming vids or aerial viewpoints or something along those lines?

ilikethisidea

#31 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

We're looking into hosting a UStream for this event, for both the Leonis and Draconis servers. Stay tuned for more information!

#32 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

We're looking into hosting a UStream for this event, for both the Leonis and Draconis servers. Stay tuned for more information!

Nice im still looking for confrimation of the use of im buffs and jelly beans hopefully they wont be allowed and make this an actual skill/teamwork event

#33 JuTaPo

JuTaPo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSomewhere livin it up

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Scrap it if you're not going to make some rules and changes before hand.
I do not want to be pessimistic or anything, but I can pretty much tell you how it's going to go and who is going to win. lol.

- And I see ROSE is officially Champ Online Evolution NA. Good god are they everywhere.. Fastest.. Hardest hit.. Most stuns.. MUTE??? ... Game over.

- Yeah yeah I know not the place for it. I suppose another class (cough cough Mage) can just take their buffs and stun them. While Raiders can just Throw a knife and exploit skill the whole time.

Lmfao champ online evo.

#34 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

*still patiently waiting for item restrictions <: *

#35 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

First post updated with COTT Item Restrictions. Any questions, please post them here and I will answer them accordingly.

#36 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

nice one zep, not lets wait for the balancing that u guys are planning on doing before the event

#37 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

What are judy's blessings?

#38 Codar

Codar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationisrael

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Nice one, I hope more teams will decide to participate due to the item restrictions.
I like the fact that you put your players before item mall this time. Since enabling item mall jellies or buff pots would give you guys alot of cash :unsure:

#39 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

oh and also you should add red potions to the restricted list. those are spammable.

#40 Kall

Kall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

First post updated with COTT Item Restrictions. Any questions, please post them here and I will answer them accordingly.

what about the prizes?

#41 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

If someone is caught with any of those items, would the alternate take one of their places? Or is the team automatically disqualified X number of people with said items?

#42 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

what about the prizes?

ya, we dont know the rewards yet.

#43 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

If someone is caught with any of those items, would the alternate take one of their places? Or is the team automatically disqualified X number of people with said items?

If they try to enter the staging area or the Arena, the system will automatically kick them out. If they are kicked out, and the match hasn't started yet, you may then substitute your alternate in their place. If there is no alternate or additional members are also kicked out, the Team will have the option of continuing the match, being short players or may forfeit.

#44 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

what about the prizes?

Prizes will be posted at a later date. I cannot give a specific timeline for when the prizes will be announced, as we're still working on several options, but I can say, that they will be announced prior to the August 25th sign-up deadline.

#45 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

uw potions ftw?

#46 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

uw potions ftw?

lol well i hope he responds to this comment and mine. cause even tho they added the 1sec cooldown for red potions, its still spamable. so restrict that as well.

#47 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Yeah I was wondering about uw (cw) potions. They recover 1.5k hp and are instant with no cooldown just like the jellybeans.

#48 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Our original intention was to allow the Union War, Clan War and Dealer/Artisan created potions, even if they were instant pots. This was originally to facilitate any players that may have worked to obtain those items and should be rewarded accordingly.

However, if the majority feels these items should be removed and will make for a more balanced tournament, then, those items can be up for consideration of removal as well. Please reply back with your thoughts.

Also, updated the Restricted list to include the Soccer Ball PET, as, when consumed, it will create the Arua's Blessing or Judy's Blessing. Thank you to Codar for bringing this to my attention.

#49 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Sounds reasonable... I'm on the fence about the faction and clan war pots, I think any instants wont be a good thing, but we'll see the general opinion.

#50 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

i agree, any instant pots should not be used. earned or not earned, it will come down to who has most pots if its 2 strong teams vs eachother.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 10 August 2010 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users