• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rendom01

Rendom01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

I know it does not compare to the amount of before,but it is very annoying sincerely, they should have a more rigorous control with respect to the bots, so that this does not grow back,and there is a progressive growth in the number of bots, it is not easy but now they have the opportunity to Do not let the matter get out of hand,Do not make the same mistake a long time ago, now is when you have to put all the chips on the table,i mean the solution are in your work.

Do not make the same mistake long ago, now is when you have to put all the chips on the table.

Do not make the same mistake long ago, now is when you have to put all the chips on the table.

but it is very annoying sincerely, they should have a more rigorous control with respect to the bots, so that this does not grow back, and there is a progressive growth in the number of bots, it is not easy but now they have the opportunity to Do not let the matter get out of hand, as it was a while back, please do not make the same mistake.

but it is very annoying sincerely, they should have a more rigorous control with respect to the bots, so that this does not grow back, and there is a progressive growth in the number of bots, it is not easy but now they have the opportunity to Do not let the matter get out of hand, as it was a while back, please do not make the same mistake.

#2 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

I have reported advanced characters botting and I can guarantee that GM s dont give a single puppy about baning bots. That was more than 1 week ago and the guy is still botting.

#3 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Most of the bots (high level) I've reported have been banned, but the bot farms with chars below 60 are very easy to replace. As long as farmers take more work to control...the best solution is to make the maps plagued by bot farms worth partying in for 15-20 levels. I've personally seen a GM test a bot in porcellios, but there won't be much of a GM presence without the help of people using that map for 5-10 or more levels. Hunting boards (maybe byalan and pront fields) would make those farms much weaker, I think.

#4 Rendom01

Rendom01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

Need a radical solution....its boring...all the maps infest of bots...

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

Need a radical solution....its boring...all the maps infest of bots...

Tbh the bots are nowhere near as bad as they were before(doesn't mean they aren't still an issue) but to say the maps are infested is an overstatement

#6 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Tbh the bots are nowhere near as bad as they were before(doesn't mean they aren't still an issue) but to say the maps are infested is an overstatement

I would agree. Though while Rockers (for example) is pretty clean, or at least last I checked...hodes was totally infected. I would suggest boards for field maps around prontera, payon and morroc.

I saw some have suggested in other threads that exp should get boosted for mobs that drop good cards that woe-ers need...

I think making them easy to hunt without making the map worth partying for noobs will just make it a gift to bots.

Seasoned players will go there briefly to get their bounty and then book it. But bot prevention comes with making the map compete with wolves or porcellios. An exception would be a map for only high level characters, like Chiv2, but that still puts the responsibility on those hunting visitors to do ALL of the reporting and they are VERY unlikely to hunt with a party. It takes a village lol.

Bayalan is the biggest mess I've seen on the server, and it was that way on classic too. We NEED boards for that dungeon, and ones that can compete with pyramids. Because the loot can be so good, I don't think the exp needs to compete with porcellios, but just enough to make players trek all the way there to setup a walking party, something I didn't see in porcellios anyway. If the exp is too good, solo-artists will just plague it with KSing. If the exp isn't worth the risks that come with taking magic attacks on this server, pots will be wasted. I think something like 150 kills of mermaids for example, with the boards paying more than what each is worth, will do the trick.

Also, any maps with minibosses on them NEEDS to get checked regularly. If that takes drawing parties there often, then so be it. But bots love those spots.

And while the forums might not be the place for this, yoyos by the monk job-change have been getting  :ph34r: ed by telebots for who knows how long. Apparently they detect baby characters now :hmm:...And I have no evidence to report if the game lags too much for me to catch them even teleporting.

Edit: didn't realize odin had one of these... https://forums.warpp...-thread/page-67

Edited by Naida, 11 April 2018 - 01:10 PM.

#7 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Or you know, they can pull a jupero in there.
Nerf porc exp to the ground, then add bountys all around for maps at lvl 40-60 (byalan, orc village just to name a few). And then see how people spread in groups

#8 CharlieLovesU

CharlieLovesU

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

Nerf porc exp to the ground, then add bountys all around for maps at lvl 40-60 (byalan, orc village just to name a few). And then see how people spread in groups

you know, its not the worst idea, but after having played awhile Porcellios accomplishes the entire goal of the way exp is done on our server. the goal is to get you to job 50 as fast possible and maybe a bit past that so you can use an ability or so as 2nd class. and porcellios accomplishes exactly that, its safe, fast exp and u can do it really quick. then u leave to go wherever is best for your class right now. Porcellios is no doubt broken and I wouldn't mind a nerf, but it does help with what they intend for our server. 

#9 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:39 AM

Limiting options? More like see how people quit. New players won't keep this ship afloat and the more times I have to get new gears or make new characters to leech otehr characters that can't do anything for themselves, the faster I plan to take my money and leave. This server should cater to vets more than the noobs. Solution is; we either get exp boost on mobs or enough on boards. At least on classic, there was GH church, toy factory 2, geographers, etc etc. On this server all we get is porcellios.

#10 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

you know, its not the worst idea, but after having played awhile Porcellios accomplishes the entire goal of the way exp is done on our server. the goal is to get you to job 50 as fast possible and maybe a bit past that so you can use an ability or so as 2nd class. and porcellios accomplishes exactly that, its safe, fast exp and u can do it really quick. then u leave to go wherever is best for your class right now. Porcellios is no doubt broken and I wouldn't mind a nerf, but it does help with what they intend for our server.

But still, there are maps worth due to the loots but that are uterly ignored like byalan 1-3 or orc village/peco pecos. The point is meke low lvl maps usefull again and give the players options

#11 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

But still, there are maps worth due to the loots but that are uterly ignored like byalan 1-3 or orc village/peco pecos. The point is meke low lvl maps usefull again and give the players options

I'm saying I agree with that, but that keeping the porcellio map around also isn't going to hurt. As for peco pecos....I don't ever imagine anyone going to a map to level on those. If you can't populate every noob map...I think if bots aren't plagueing a map, it probably doesn't need help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users