Ragnarok Wiki Survey - Part Deux - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok Wiki Survey - Part Deux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

Been roughly 4 years since my initial survey, so wanted to get a feel for what could use improvements. So what do you like or hate about the Ragnarok Wiki? (Aside from the ads and the public hosting, I KNOW ALREADY.)

As of now, the Ragnarok Wiki is hosted on Gamepedia as I don't have enough disposable income to do any private hosting like iRO Wiki and people are more likely to shell out cash for the Kafra Shop these days than help support another wiki.

Information on the Ragnarok Wiki has been contributed by various members of the community, thank you very much to all those who bothered to poke at it over the years (and not making me feel like a one-man army so much, even though I am most of the time). As of this thread posting, the wiki is now (mostly) updated to Episode 14.3.

Before you ask any questions, please peruse the FAQs in the following spoiler, because I will not repeat answers.
Spoiler

Cookies to anyone who can recognize the reference in the thread title.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 August 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

You are doing a fantastic job. Can't complain.

"what could use improvements"

Nothing really, but holy -_- can't believe it's 4 years already.

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:46 AM

I rarely use Ragnarok Wiki. The only time I used it was to read about Royal guard and tragedy of Old Glast Heim folklores.

It was informative and interesting and it makes me happy with playing Royal guard. Thank you.

#4 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

<sniped for mistake.> <- Should be red but thats a *moderator color* forbidden to use by mortal users like me

I have visited the Wikia before. like fuyukikun, I like to read the trivias.

I think my first touch with the site was the Pet System page, I love the pet evolution, would be fine to have it here at iRO, but thats offtopic.

Keep goin ZeroTigress, you have a nice job here too.!

Edited by S207, 09 April 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#5 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Its a nice project you got at iROWiki. 

She is not talking about iROWiki. iROWiki is run by Blueness and myself with great help from the community. Zero is speaking of this site.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:45 AM

PLEASE READ THE OP AND NOT JUST THE THREAD TITLE.

#7 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

It's the Wikia, Gamepedia Ragnarok Wikis.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

I can't really call it the Ragnarok Wikia anymore since both branches are part of the Ragnarok Wiki collective as a whole. I really don't understand how Ragnarok Wiki is being mistaken for iRO Wiki, the names and purposes of the two wikis are totally different. Is it the affiliations? Is that what people are getting confused about?

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

I only visit wikia to learn some trivial matters and lore that doesnt captured on wiki. It is fun to learn new things. The reality of wikia is handled by one man army, which is you, is incredible. I bet you want to share your responsibilty to community members you trust.

#10 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:40 AM

Remake it and focus only to the real successor of Ragnarok.

#11 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

Really enjoyed reading your insight in the blog inside the wiki, shows how much Gravity cares about their game :heh:

#12 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

I did not know that that Wiki was managed by one of iRO's players. Many thanks for making it. I used it for lore and to learn more about RO's systems. It was also interesting reading through the updates of the game, unimplemented patches and character progression.

A suggestion:

Could the Battle Jobs link at the front page be a bit more progression friendly? The only one that has links is the 1st tier one and the rest do not, then you get lots of links for the Jobs at the bottom from A to Z.  :wah:

Logged in just to upvote.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

I only visit wikia to learn some trivial matters and lore that doesnt captured on wiki. It is fun to learn new things. The reality of wikia is handled by one man army, which is you, is incredible. I bet you want to share your responsibilty to community members you trust.

There's no approval process to actually help out on the wiki like iRO Wiki does, so anyone can make an account and start editing. That said, I do run a tight QA on the wiki and if people aren't willing to conform to the page formats I have in place, they don't stay for long. I can see why people who help out tend to not stick around since the Ragnarok Wiki isn't freeform like other wikis. And they probably prefer to work on an already big-name wiki like iRO Wiki since it's well-known while Ragnarok Wiki is still rather obscure to the RO community.

Remake it and focus only to the real successor of Ragnarok.

:|

A suggestion:
Could the Battle Jobs link at the front page be a bit more progression friendly? The only one that has links is the 1st tier one and the rest do not, then you get lots of links for the Jobs at the bottom from A to Z. :wah:

Are you talking about the drop-down menu on the Wikia branch or the category page on both sites? The main Battle Jobs page lists everything in alphabetical order while the Wikia drop-down menu lists the most viewed pages. Do you prefer a table format like iRO Wiki?

#14 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

Are you talking about the drop-down menu on the Wikia branch or the category page on both sites? The main Battle Jobs page lists everything in alphabetical order while the Wikia drop-down menu lists the most viewed pages. Do you prefer a table format like iRO Wiki?

I'm not sure on what is the limit of Wikia sites however I think something similar to the way the Jobs are shown on the playragnarok site would be nice. That format gives you a brief idea on the Job without having to click or open multiple links for the Jobs that read nice for you.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

I'm not sure on what is the limit of Wikia sites however I think something similar to the way the Jobs are shown on the playragnarok site would be nice. That format gives you a brief idea on the Job without having to click or open multiple links for the Jobs that read nice for you.

So you want image-based links instead of just clicking directly onto the job class link via the category page?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users