Question for yall - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Question for yall

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:59 AM

So on restart, the forums are like a staff ghost town as of late, almost like they don't exist, and I don't mean the usual pop on for like an hour, answer a few unimportant questions then log off disappear, like they don't respond for days. Like the only staff post in patch notes (cinnamon aside) was server is open.

Is it the same here? Again I don't mean WP business as usual, but almost no staff presence at all.

#2 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

Really curious about this as well.

Lately it seems like they only ever send Cinnamon to do the most basic of communications instead of actually posting themselves.

Do you guys have the same thing happening or have they just abandoned all of the Restart section?

#3 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:18 AM

they pop up once in a while, usually answering questions, merging and closing topics. maybe its time to move back in renewal ;)

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:19 AM

they pop up once in a while, usually answering questions, merging and closing topics. maybe its time to move back in renewal ;)

That won't happen, even with restart having it's problems, I can never come back, Ragnarok for me dies with restart haha

#5 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

So thats why we have goodmorning/evening thread on renewal again :p_smile:

#6 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:31 AM

From what I've observed, Camp is usually the one that answers the important questions with Astra/Magus just posting renewal patch notes or the occasional "Server is open" on maintenance threads. The lack of CM presence is really bothering, considering that it requires them to manage the community (it's literally in their name). The vmods are always on their lookouts, but afaik they just don't have that kind of information regarding to updates/server news

#7 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

I know Cinnamon trying her best to promote/stream most of the video at ''Restart'' ... (since the new server open)

But i would love to see if they can focus back in Chaos and do some events (like catching bots or spawn mvp in town)

Miss the good old days , i wanna see prontera fill with many corpses ~ evil smirk XD

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:39 AM

My concern isn't so much of, which forum they are in, because both games need love. It's more so why have they all together vanished into nothingness. The question was more to see if they trying to give chaos some much needed love instead of restart, which means they would then take care of business here and then go back n forth etc etc. But from what I'm gathering, they aren't here either

Edited by Spoon, 12 April 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#9 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:06 AM

Inb4 they're all over on Classic

#10 KobayashiV2

KobayashiV2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWaiting for RO Zero

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

GMs leave RE:start forums and Renewal as well, they already milk re:start so there is no point to answer any question there, here in Renewal there are OCP scam boxs so we have sometimes their "spirits" lul. but yeah seems like 3 weeks ago they stop answer any question even we have today a update without fixes (as i hear you cant complete some instances lol)

#11 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

I know Cinnamon trying her best to promote/stream most of the video at ''Restart'' ... (since the new server open)

But i would love to see if they can focus back in Chaos and do some events (like catching bots or spawn mvp in town)

Miss the good old days , i wanna see prontera fill with many corpses ~ evil smirk XD

I didn't know Cinnamon was streaming RE:start, could someone link me those streams?

#12 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

I didn't know Cinnamon was streaming RE:start, could someone link me those streams?

Sorry i cant link you to any site , but you can find those videos @youtube (Channel is WarpPortal)

Hopefully i didnt break any rules ? please remove this msg if it does (sry im still newbie in the forum) 

Edited by KingPoring86, 12 April 2018 - 08:20 AM.

#13 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

The streamers for WP's Ragnarok Series are CM Astra and CM Jello Shaker. No vMods stream, or if they do it would be under their personal names and I wouldn't know who they are.

As for the staff participation in the forums, they are trying to work on that. A lot goes on behind the scenes in the office, and while it feels like you're being ignored on the forum, many times it's just the amount of work the staff have to deal with doesn't give them time to sit and respond to forum questions. Us vMods try to bring important topics to the staff to get responses when we can, this is why Cinnamon is seen so often. We often bring topics to the staff and once we have an answer we are able to share with the community we try to bring it back to you all.

If you have questions about your server, please refer to the most recent Good Morning! threads. Camp has started something new and is looking for feedback and questions to try to make time for the community.

Five for Friday

Were experimenting with a new weekly Q&A  system. How it works, in this thread ask your questions with the following format.

FOF: What is Jelloshakers's Favorite Snack?

On friday we will post answers to the top five questions we consider more relevant to the server and post them in a thread very much like this one. If you like a question go ahead and upvote it to bring it our attention. However, it does not guarantee that a question will be selected. If a question requires studio input we may not be able to answer it the same week and will instead hold it for the future. Please note it may not always be possible to get studio input on all question.

The RE:START thread can be found here: https://forums.warpp...start-4-9-2018/
Renewal users can check out here: https://forums.warpp...newal-4-9-2018/

And before anyone asks why is it "FOF" for "Five For Friday", I asked myself the same thing... Perhaps it was originally Five On Friday.  :p_swt:

#14 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

Sorry i cant link you to any site , but you can find those videos @youtube (Channel is WarpPortal)

Hopefully i didnt break any rules ? please remove this msg if it does (sry im still newbie in the forum) 

As far as I know, Jelloshaker is the one doing the videos? The class ones at least.

As for streams, isn't that usually Astra?

Edit: nvm, got ninja'd

Edited by Stephcake, 12 April 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#15 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

Shhh. They might surgically remove your post for going Off-Topic.

#16 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

Well i couldn't remember their names cos i didn't really watched the entire videos ... my bad ><!! 

Hohoho ~ (smoke bomb !!! ninja retreat) .... 

#17 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

Hey Folks!

Were still here. Unfortunately demands on investigations have pulled my team away from the forums more than we would like and until the RESTART duping situation is resolved it may be this way for awhile. Please understand that were doing more than just looking at a user and saying "Yep, thats a dupe!" were actively trying to find all copies of duplicated items, cards, consumables, and etc items. We are also fulfilling whatever information requests the studio has such as error logs, server log, character activity logs, etc. This is in addition to our normal weekly duties of running GM SQL requests, preparing server patches, testing 16.2 and other updates. This includes Astra and Magus who have been doing much of the work needed to correct the rough translations we receive for content updates. (If you think its bad you should see what we receive)

TL:DR Were busy, unfortunately forums need to come last when it comes to our free time.

On the good news front for RESTART we have the testing version of the skill delay update delivered yesterday and we now have a hardware allocated towards being a RESTART Sakray. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks to configure the Sakray due to IT team availability. For this update we will be having a testing day on friday  on Renewal Sakray where we verify that the changes work. 

Were going to pump our breaks on changing the high weapons box for a week or two so that we have time to make sure we are doing this right but at the same time will be reviewing OBB, OPB, and the half a dozen gift box drop lists so that we are consistent across the board. The new target for these changes is May 2nd. . We will be releasing our lists of changes by the 20th so that there is time for discussion on the subject.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

They abandoned Renwal Chaos to baby sit Re:start then they realized their true income source and that Re:start would never make as much money as Chaos. Even now some loyal vets have left the game, some still stay around. Currently, I only support WP by selling WPE because the price is good, not that I’m fond of WP much.

#19 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

Hey Folks!

Were still here. Unfortunately demands on investigations have pulled my team away from the forums more than we would like and until the RESTART duping situation is resolved it may be this way for awhile. Please understand that were doing more than just looking at a user and saying "Yep, thats a dupe!" were actively trying to find all copies of duplicated items, cards, consumables, and etc items. We are also fulfilling whatever information requests the studio has such as error logs, server log, character activity logs, etc. This is in addition to our normal weekly duties of running GM SQL requests, preparing server patches, testing 16.2 and other updates. This includes Astra and Magus who have been doing much of the work needed to correct the rough translations we receive for content updates. (If you think its bad you should see what we receive)

TL:DR Were busy, unfortunately forums need to come last when it comes to our free time.

On the good news front for RESTART we have the testing version of the skill delay update delivered yesterday and we now have a hardware allocated towards being a RESTART Sakray. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks to configure the Sakray due to IT team availability. For this update we will be having a testing day on friday on Renewal Sakray where we verify that the changes work.

Were going to pump our breaks on changing the high weapons box for a week or two so that we have time to make sure we are doing this right but at the same time will be reviewing OBB, OPB, and the half a dozen gift box drop lists so that we are consistent across the board. The new target for these changes is May 2nd. . We will be releasing our lists of changes by the 20th so that there is time for discussion on the subject.

Might wanna post this in restart if u haven't alrdy

#20 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Hey Folks!

On the good news front for RESTART we have the testing version of the skill delay update delivered yesterday and we now have a hardware allocated towards being a RESTART Sakray. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks to configure the Sakray due to IT team availability. For this update we will be having a testing day on friday  on Renewal Sakray where we verify that the changes work. 

Thanks for the reply.

See, knowing this, everything makes sense :P Communication helps keep everyone calm!

(now please paste that over to the Restart section so people there know about it too)

#21 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

Cinnamod streaming made me hyped for no reason.

What's the main source of income in Re:Start anyway?

#22 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

Dear WP:

Quit doing new stuff and focus on doing the right things.

and wb ppl from restart =)

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

Might wanna post this in restart if u haven't alrdy

https://forums.warpp...note-4-12-2018/

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:33 PM

Inb4 they're all over on Classic

That would be nothing short of a miracle.

RIP Classic, you were good times

#25 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

Idk why any of the staff has a CM title since none of them are really serving as a front for the community anyhow.... And would be nice if they finally found out how people were duping =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users