RESTART Skill Balance Testing Station - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Skill Balance Testing Station

67 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

Hello!

Renewal's Sakray server has the restart skill settings applied to the server. Please note that this is skill settings only. Some content is still configured as if it were in 16.2. To put together a character for testing create a character and head to prontera.

Talk to qEXRVI1.png to configure your character. You should be able to then test the skills that are queued for an update.

Guillotine Fist
Stat Based Cast Delay by skill level
2000, 1750, 1500, 1250, 1000

Global Post Cast Delay
1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000

SP Recovery Debuff Duration
3000, 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000,

Acid Bomb

Fixed Cast Delay

1000 (All Levels)

Single Post Delay

2000 (All Levels)

Global Post Delay

1000 (All Levels)

Zen

Stat Based Cast Delay

2500 All Levels

Disclaimer: You will need to download and install the RO1 Client and Register an account to access.

Currently as covered here: https://forums.warpp...note-4-12-2018/ were working on bringing restart it's own test server. But that will take a few weeks. For now it will have to share.

Testing Period is from 4/13 - 4/16

#2 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hello!

Renewal's Sakray server has the restart skill settings applied to the server. Please note that this is skill settings only. Some content is still configured as if it were in 16.2. To put together a character for testing create a character and head to prontera.

Talk to qEXRVI1.png to configure your character. You should be able to then test the skills that are queued for an update.

Help! My poor Novice I made on the Sakray server is stuck on a boat with no warps on it! How can I test anything like this?! Please fix and extend the testing end date, thanks!

#3 Avataralex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

Since nobody else tested i'm gonna give some feedback.

1st there's no global after cast delay as intended

2nd if cast time stay fixed every biochems will need a stats reset

3rd if after cast delay stay fixed as it is some biochems will need skill reset

4th this change wont last long, once Merchants, Thiefs and Swordsmen can get better stun resist with less vit biochems will be pretty much useless in woe since they won't one shot many classes anymore.

My suggestions are:

1. Make Defending Aura fully work against AD, and make it work normaly ofc.

2. Change how Stun resists gears work so you don't need immunity with either status or gears so you can get it with a mix of both.

3. give 50% fixed cast for AD being 1s the full cast time and 1s global and single post delay.

the options 1 and 2 can be taken one or the other, but i dont think both should be applyed, and the 3rd one can be put with one of the first 2.

#4 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:15 AM

Acid Bomb is ​way too hard nerfed

[Removed, saved for staff review]

Makes the class useless.

@Campitor  thats way too much, remove the after cast delay

This shouldnt be supposed to be on Restart, acid bomb had never such a big after cast delay on a trans server lol

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 April 2018 - 02:30 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed video.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

Ryuuz0, the video has been removed but saved for feedback purposes.

Please take a kind note that client edit is illegal. Thank you for understanding.

#6 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

Why would you remove the video cinnamoon, it wasnt my video, but the video is from the Sakray Test Server lol.

i really dont get your logic sometimes

Also who cares if its illegal, its just a TEST SERVER lmao 

Edited by Ryuuz0, 17 April 2018 - 02:33 AM.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:36 AM

Why would you remove the video cinnamoon, it wasnt my video, but the video is from the Sakray Test Server lol.

i really dont get your logic sometimes

Also who cares if its illegal, its just a TEST SERVER lmao 

Grey world client edit is not allowed, linking to client edits of that manner on forums is not permitted.

If there is an issue with this action please take it up with the staff. Now let's focus on resuming feedback.

#8 gustavotri

gustavotri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

Since nobody else tested i'm gonna give some feedback.

1st there's no global after cast delay as intended

2nd if cast time stay fixed every biochems will need a stats reset

3rd if after cast delay stay fixed as it is some biochems will need skill reset

4th this change wont last long, once Merchants, Thiefs and Swordsmen can get better stun resist with less vit biochems will be pretty much useless in woe since they won't one shot many classes anymore.

My suggestions are:

2. Change how Stun resists gears work so you don't need immunity with either status or gears so you can get it with a mix of both.

3. give 50% fixed cast for AD being 1s the full cast time and 1s global and single post delay.

the options 1 and 2 can be taken one or the other, but i dont think both should be applyed, and the 3rd one can be put with one of the first 2.

I see this adjustment in biochemical skills as a chance for other classes to also play a legal GVG, not just outlined to AD.

From my point of view it was very good.

#9 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

I havent tested, but from a fair standpoint i suppose we should focus on this question:

In woe, with full buffs, what is the acceptable dps a biochem should be dealing on min vit, mid vit and 100 vit targets. And then just adjust the cast formula from there

#10 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:54 AM

Grey world client edit is not allowed, linking to client edits of that manner on forums is not permitted.

If there is an issue with this action please take it up with the staff. Now let's focus on resuming feedback.

greyworld was randomly taken off the banlist in the rules post sometime either slightly before restart or after

https://forums.warpp...and-guidelines/

it used to be directly stated it isnt allowed but its gone now so it should follow under a lot of the help edits atm

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:24 AM

greyworld was randomly taken off the banlist in the rules post sometime either slightly before restart or after

it used to be directly stated it isnt allowed but its gone now so it should follow under a lot of the help edits atm

I actually PMed campitor and asked about that and he said it was still illegal. 

MP hack isn't on the list either so that's not an argument. 

#12 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

greyworld mixes with whats stated as allowed in client edits atm mp hack doesnt so idk why youd say that

might as well screenie the pm and post it since enough people think its legal after camps edit

#13 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

Yea I saw the nerfs, thank God I made other classes, I feel bad for those who didn't or worked hard recently to make bios because it will no longer be a class worth playing. I was ok with the nerf but once I saw the actual cast time, it Is disgusting lol. Adjust that time, half fixed have variable and see what we get. But that current bio nerf should not even touch the official server yet

#14 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:05 AM

The list is in need of staff update and this topic is not really the correct please to report the issue.

Being said, let's stay on topic for now please, further derailment postings will be removed.

#15 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:20 AM

I'm kinda in the same boat as spoons. I want nerfs but I believe this is a bit much. Perhaps lower than values a tad? Make em able to be countered in fights but not useless.

#16 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:00 AM

Said before, half dmg leave the cast time of acid bomb =(

#17 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Said before, half dmg leave the cast time of acid bomb =(

Still unreasonable, a fct and after delay is fine but they need to be reduced from whats currently set in the test server

#18 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

My suggestions are:

Defending Aura works quite well against Acid Bomb already. At Level 5 it already gives 80% ranged damage reduction. As far as having to re-cast it after you sac someone, so that the sacced person gets the benefit of DA, apparently this is also what happens on other servers. Thus, it is probably something kRO would have to look into, which would most likely not happen.

#19 Aiello

Aiello

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

Again, a lot of time and actual money spent on making bios for bombing. And staff decides to make a huge change that they intend to implement the next maintenance. This change will effectively make the class pretty much useless in woe. Please consider the customer base you are upsetting.  Why dont you find unbiased people, a small group that can give you advice on the issues you guys are looking at tackling for us. Gathering info from people that have no knowledge about the game and how it actually works and has worked for many many years isnt working. please reconsider how you guys see these issues and how they are handled. I love this game and i want to see it do well. I prefer playing with happy people.

Edited by Aiello, 17 April 2018 - 07:27 AM.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Something needed to be done, but this looks a bit too harsh. 

#21 Aiello

Aiello

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Something needed to be done, but this looks a bit too harsh. 

There needs to be a compromise.

#22 ARTEMI5

ARTEMI5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

5 seconds per bomb is way too nerfed. Make it 1.5-2 seconds per bomb max otherwise it's interruption galore during WoE. Test should be full buffs and under strings.

#23 Seelen

Seelen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

Isnt this a bit too much?

Im all for a bit more fairness and less OP classes, but this nerf feels overwhelming.

How about reducing this deadly cast time a bit, or at least restric this change to woe only.

#24 Aiello

Aiello

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:44 AM

I think making it a variable cast time and giving a stat reset (or not) is a good solution. If you want a bio that can cast fast you have to sac damage. 

#25 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:54 AM

Once again the people who prepared, took time and REAL MONEY (kafra and VIP) to level these sprites, and did their homework on their builds are being punished because you failed to do your job.

<boop>

Edited by VModMango, 17 April 2018 - 08:40 AM.
No.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users