On Buying alleged duping item - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

On Buying alleged duping item

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nadyne

Nadyne

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Hello everyone got a question,

how do you know if you're buying duped item and after purchase you get banned for it?is there are buyer protection?or its better not to buy anything in the market at the 1st place?If the in-game problem was not resolve (after my 6 month break) or fix,why do buyers get penalized?

#2 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

Unfortunately there's no way to tell if the item is dupe or not, you may give suspicion but you cant really tell technically what is not dupe or what is real

#3 n00bpk3r22

n00bpk3r22

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

I take screenshots of everything i buy that is fairly exspensive, just incase anything goes wrong.

Previously, Ive been targeted and locked for 1 week for buying items that were allegedly duped...

Just make sure to screenshot just in case. So if anything happens you're in some way covering your butt!

#4 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

You buy a duped item, you lose. They do not return the money, the item disappears and if it really sucks, they give you a nice ban on top even though you had no idea.

THE PROBLEM?  It's THEIR CODE that allows for duping. It's not our fault they can't keep their stuff solid so I have NEVER understood why we have to suffer for it. Buying multi billion Zulie items from 20 million is a bit different because it's kind of obvious that you're buying badness.

God though, you probably weren't around when Asian hackers duped so much that they were stacking piles of duped items quickly and fast so that they would make an NPC like storage go up into the air and unavailable to use because it was out of range. Zulie stacks were the same. A couple hundred zulie, one at a time and you couldn't use an NPC they duped under.

#5 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

I've experienced to buy a dupe item, I can say that is was dupe item because it disappeared from my inventory and storage but the zulie I spent was return back to me.

#6 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

I've experienced to buy a dupe item, I can say that is was dupe item because it disappeared from my inventory and storage but the zulie I spent was return back to me.

That is some luckiness or maybe they're changing the process. You used to just be screwed like you were able to read minds and know something was duped. 

Some items are obvious but some aren't so it's good they don't put it on you.

What bothers me is that they STILL can't stop the dupes. This has been a DECADE long problem. Perhaps they're different ways but still, the annoyance is epic.

#7 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

I think they can't stop the dupes, they can limit somehow, check and balance, but totally removing the dupe is I think impossible. That's the sad reality, just enjoy the game and have fun, looking forward to other improvements in game and changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users