4 replies to this topic

#1 wilfud

wilfud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

My current pvp gear consists of
Cranial Valk shield (30% demi human resist)
poopoo hat (10% demi human resist
glorious suit (7%)
glorious muffler (5%)
glorious shoes (4%)
glorious ring X 2

im looking for someone to help me with the damage reduction calculation. i know that these numbers don't just stack, but any idea what is calculated first?

for like, attack bonus cards, if you have 3 on a weapon (lets say hydra) 20%+20%+20% would not be 60, but like 47% (or something)

does that stand true with def also?
i am certain that i am not defending 56% of the damage. (higher because of armor/vit def should be like 65% damage reduction?)
i read somewhere that if resists were below a certain % than they would be added together, and not diminished like the hydra cards above.

my def with this is 89+129
i am only level 100 and playing a GX
i am just wondering if it is even worth it to have the glorious gear, and not get some other stuff thats carded to be more effective.
could someone help me with the calculation to determine how much damage i might be reducing?

Edited by wilfud, 29 December 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

i am just wondering if it is even worth it to have the glorious gear, and not get some other stuff thats carded to be more effective.

I am not willing to spend the time to write it all out. Overall for best reduction/survivability I would go with (granted basic, non god/mvp gears).

F. Berret
Cran Valk
CK
Glorious suit
Varriants or Glorious Shoes depending on class (for sin varriants but for my calcs at end will be glorious)
Immune Nyd Garb
2 Glorious Rings or 2 Alligator Rosarys

This will give you (glorious shoes and rings)

51% demi human reduction
20% nuetral reduction
7~57 reduction from every~certain elements

Or (varriants + 2 Alligator Rosarys)

47% demi human reduction
20% nuetral reduction
7~37% reduction from every~certain elements
10% ranged reduction

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

for like, attack bonus cards, if you have 3 on a weapon (lets say hydra) 20%+20%+20% would not be 60, but like 47% (or something)

Actually as far as I know that is NOT true for weapon cards. In your example if you were using three Hydra cards it would be 60% damges. However if you were to use a combo of Race and Element cards those would multiply, for eg...

Drainliar + Drainliar + Hyrdra, if facing a Demi-Human with Water prop would do +40% + +20% for a total of 168% damage.

At least this was how it worked pre renewal and as far as I know this part hasn't changed.

PS: This was why all the best 4 slotted weapons back then had 2 race 2 element cards instead of just 4 for either. 4 of the same card only gave 80% where as 2/2 gave +96% damage.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 12 January 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#4 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

The "overall" damage (for wilfud's example, 3 hydra) will be less then 60%. This is because hydra, skeleworkers, element +20%'s ect all only add to part of the attack (the wep I belive, although I may be wrong). What is +60% more damage if the gear has only 70 ATK vs a gear that has 1 slot with 150 ATK. Not to mention over upgrading bonus's are much better on higher level (less slots) weps.

Cards like archer skele (or whatever that +10% ranged card is) will be better then a hydra (obviously for ranged attacks), since the +10% to ranged damage will take all +ATK into account and not just the wep ATK.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

=Modifiers of the SAME TYPE stack ADDITIVELY. So, 30% demihuman resist + 10% demihuman resist + 5% demihuman resist + 5% demihuman resist = 50% demihuman resist.

So you have 56% demihuman resist with that set.

Reductions of other types stack multiplicatively - hence, if you had, say 25% neutral resistance you'd have 67% reduction (with 56% demihuman resist, you take 44%, 44% reduced by 25% -> 33%, so 67% reduction) against neutral damage from demihumans. Note that player attacks are not always a single attack; many have an elemental and a neutral component or other complications.

Same is true of hydra cards - 3 +20% damage cards is +60% damage. However, +% attack versus (race/element/size/class/all) effects only work on weapon/equip attack (weapon attack, overupgrades, and +atk effects). +% damage with critical attacks and +% damage with ranged attacks work on the whole attack.

There is no "stacking penalty" that nerfs multiple similar bonuses like there is in some games.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 January 2011 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users