• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 HastyPudding

HastyPudding

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

So, I used to play this game over a year ago -- got to lvl 55 before RL issues made me quit -- and recently decided to start, again, now that I have the time. I used to have a popular defiler build made by good, well-informed players back before the merge. Now, I see many of the skills (including the awe-inspiring Terms of Service, in which every newbie defiler had a joy-gasm at level 55) have had their level requirements and general mechanics changed.

Every build on the forums seems to be defiler-only, and no build plans on building a soul hunter and THEN a defiler. 1 point in obsolete low lvl skills looks fine as a high level, but at lower levels, I assume they help a heck of a lot more when actually skilled.

From what I've seen around these forums, a lot of things have changed about builds. So, using one of the two popular skill calculators, I've decided to make my defiler again and run it by you guys, who are more familiar with the new mechanics.

Keep in mind, this build is from level 1 to 79 on a fresh character, so I'm not skipping out on lower level skills which would help make leveling a heck of a lot easier (following the old pattern of getting most skills, even summons, at level 1-55, then resetting at 55, in this case, lvl 60). I suppose you could say buying a skill reset is an option for later levels (which I'm assuming are grossly overpriced, with the merge) to focus on more important things earlier, but for now, I'm keeping it short-term.

skill-calculator: Defiler

This is just a rough draft and can be changed, and I haven't put any thought into DNA, yet, so suggestions are welcome. So, is it worth skilling lower level skills like blood arrow and rake nail, because they'll make leveling a lot easier, or just put 1 point into them and grind away?

A few questions:

1. How pricey are skill/DNA resets on S1?

2. How much are costumes on S1? I remember they used to be quite cheap, and now I'm not so sure.

3. If I were to keep my current Defiler at level 55 and not start a new one, is there any advice on a build plan (now that my skills have been reset)? How about this one? skill-calculator: Defiler

Edited by HastyPudding, 29 December 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#2 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

well if you just carry on from ur old char, u should alrdy have skills rest and thus avoid the SH builds.

if you absolutely want to make a new SH Defi character, then im sure everyone here will tell you should reset skills when you reach about lvl 65 simply because you wont survive with low level skills.

Answers to your q's:

Firstly, this is S2 - get with the program :angry:

1- Skill resets are 500 item mall points. If you're rich, u can probably find someone to buy it from ingame (if you have s1 gear to sell, this aint a problem). Skill resets do not reset DNA. At the moment, only Job Change coupons (Hahahahhha. almost impossible to get your hands on unless, again, ur filthy rich) and events (which have just gone past) will reset DNA. Hence most SH DNA is a joke for Defilers.

2-Costumes are normally 150 IM pts. Not bad. THey last for a month and give you some stat boosts.

3- In the end, builds will be different to each person and it also depends if your a Player vs Enemy person or a Player vs player type. If you want to stop levelling, 65 is best as this allows you to participate in Field of Contention PvP at the max lvl and thus makes it easier to get points for FoC stuff.A lvl 55 build should only be a part of a 65 build.

#3 HastyPudding

HastyPudding

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

well if you just carry on from ur old char, u should alrdy have skills rest and thus avoid the SH builds.

if you absolutely want to make a new SH Defi character, then im sure everyone here will tell you should reset skills when you reach about lvl 65 simply because you wont survive with low level skills.

Answers to your q's:

Firstly, this is S2 - get with the program :angry:

1- Skill resets are 500 item mall points. If you're rich, u can probably find someone to buy it from ingame (if you have s1 gear to sell, this aint a problem). Skill resets do not reset DNA. At the moment, only Job Change coupons (Hahahahhha. almost impossible to get your hands on unless, again, ur filthy rich) and events (which have just gone past) will reset DNA. Hence most SH DNA is a joke for Defilers.

2-Costumes are normally 150 IM pts. Not bad. THey last for a month and give you some stat boosts.

3- In the end, builds will be different to each person and it also depends if your a Player vs Enemy person or a Player vs player type. If you want to stop levelling, 65 is best as this allows you to participate in Field of Contention PvP at the max lvl and thus makes it easier to get points for FoC stuff.A lvl 55 build should only be a part of a 65 build.

I think I'm keeping with my lvl 55. It was easier than I thought to start, again.

As the questions, by S1, I meant Hammerine. And to the item costs, I meant as gifting items to players in exchange for money, which I assume people still do, as it was a good money-maker, back in the day. They used to be fairly cheap, in-game, which I assume they're not, now.

#4 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

Skill resets do not reset DNA. At the moment, only Job Change coupons

wrong

#5 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

here is my build

10 points over. you can put it in blessing of wind or safe it for lvl cap incrase.

#6 HastyPudding

HastyPudding

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

here is my build

10 points over. you can put it in blessing of wind or safe it for lvl cap incrase.

Why 1 point in Illusion? No Shape of Fear or Shadow Binding? From what I've been told, evasion is useless against skills, and nobody in their right mind in PvP is going to sit there and auto-attack you to death.

#7 Mortuus

Mortuus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:None

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

and nobody in their right mind in PvP is going to sit there and auto-attack you to death.

Right.

Edited by Mortuus, 04 January 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#8 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Why 1 point in Illusion? No Shape of Fear or Shadow Binding? From what I've been told, evasion is useless against skills, and nobody in their right mind in PvP is going to sit there and auto-attack you to death.

1 point in illusion for js grind and raids i guess, lot of grinding to be done.

Right.

hihihihi

what's aa?

use your skills ranger noob.

#9 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

i put one point in illu for js and st. when the tank loose agro the mob atack first illu. from this i win some seconds to run away or the tank for tount.

true eva dont work for skills. bud it works for aa. so its great for pve. a defi have no def and no hp. so i need to find a way to compensate this a little.

i dont skill shadow bind or fear couse i dont need it. shadowbinding is just imobilized. a good example from last tb. i was in with my siin. the defi bind me and i kill him with bow. fear is canceled with dmg. so we talk about play style. when i see a group of enemys i put trap. then the aoes and all are death. fear is canceled be dmg. since the aoe stay so long i have all time dmg on the ground :)

#10 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:43 AM

i put one point in illu for js and st. when the tank loose agro the mob atack first illu. from this i win some seconds to run away or the tank for tount.

true eva dont work for skills. bud it works for aa. so its great for pve. a defi have no def and no hp. so i need to find a way to compensate this a little.

i dont skill shadow bind or fear couse i dont need it. shadowbinding is just imobilized. a good example from last tb. i was in with my siin. the defi bind me and i kill him with bow. fear is canceled with dmg. so we talk about play style. when i see a group of enemys i put trap. then the aoes and all are death. fear is canceled be dmg. since the aoe stay so long i have all time dmg on the ground :)

i think fear is for 1vs1 situations in pvp when for example temp/rad is trying to sleep you but i guess defi wont suffer much if they dont have it

#11 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Take fear and take shadow binding. They are useful in pvp. Evasion is rather useless in pve as well if you do not invest enough in it. Even then defense still goes farther. Take both nukes of course... and you may as well max rake nail too. If you want to try evasives or other things like deadly bomb then leave nukes at l. You won't miss out on a whole lot. Just be aware with high level nukes there is a longer DoT which breaks fear if you need to fall back on it later.

The DNA to consider now are
  • Deadly Fog Extension
  • Blood Storm Extension
  • Strengthen Blood Storm
  • Strengthen Arrow of Ruin
  • Range Arrow of Ruin
  • AOE Vampiric Touch
  • Swift Vampiric Touch
  • Potens Vampiric Touch

The last two I would not invest in. A few points is ok in AOE vampiric touch for pve. Just enough to fill you up or close enough to it. Main DNA should go into AOE extensions. These go up to 7 but it is not a mandate to max them of course. I'm recommending levels 5-7. Lower if you really feel so, it's your build. Strengthen Arrow of ruin DNA is very powerful when you consider all curse dmg skills are fed through the curse mastery passive. I recommend level 3 in range, it is enough to give you 10m radius. Skip Strengthen Blood Storm or lvl 1 or so in it. Up to you.

On buying and selling mall points the average is now 5k per point.
Also rangers, assassins, shadow runners possibly, commanders, and some zerks use aa to kill. However your evasion is not going to save you there :)

Edited by Syre, 05 January 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#12 youngflo1123

youngflo1123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

here is the build i use at lvl 74
http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,0,0,5,5,5

can work out in pvp but more for pve i guess...its not bad...as for rolling defiler again id say dont do it keep the one u have and just lvl him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users