Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

ssN0sE4.jpg

April 18th, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PST

Updates 

• Odin's Temple will be arriving!
    • Odin's Temple will also be getting a bounty board
    • Odin's Temple Monsters:

Spoiler

• Costume Box Garment Edition will be leaving the Cash Shop, Silvervine NPC, and Raffler
  • Some balance changes are being implemented:
    • Guillotine Fist
      • Stat Based Cast Delay by skill level
        • 2000, 1750, 1500, 1250, 1000
      • Global Post Cast Delay
        • 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000
      • SP Recovery Debuff Duration
        • 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000
    • Zen
      • Stat Based Cast Delay
        • 2500 All Levels
    • ​Regarding Acid Bomb

Spoiler

• Easter Egg Hunt and April Fools events end

Events

• Raffler is in Prontera:
    • Big prizes are in Bold. Updates are in Red.
      • Beelzebub Wing Box (1)  /  Strawberry (1-20) - 31,000z 
      • Dress Hat (1) / Witch Starsand (1-10) - 60,000z 
      • Silvervine 100 Box (4) / Alcohol (1-10) - 150,000z
      • Bubblegum (5) / Blue Herb (1-10) - 33,000z
      • Poison Bottle (5) / Karvodailnirol (1-5) - 500,000z
      • HE Battle Manual (2) / Immortal Heart (1-10) - 50,000z
      • Fish In Mouth (1) / Fabric (1-10) - 60,000z
      • Rideword Hat (1) / Mermaid's Heart (1-10) - 25,000z
      • Enriched Elunium / Rough Elunium (1-20) - 450,000z
      • Enriched Oridecon / Rough Oridecon (1-20) - 450,000z
  • In light of the changing game meta For 1 month from 3/21 - 4/21 the GM team will be offering guild leadership transfers on RE:START.
    • New Guild Leading Characters must be on the same account as the current leading character
    • New Leaders Must be in the Guild
    • Requests will be processed once a week during maintenance.
    • Requests submitted AFTER the cut off will NOT happen.

Cash Shop

Community

Server Status: OPEN

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

*Future Changes
Spoiler

Notice 3:22pm 4/18/2018 : During this maintenance the following items are being removed from character inventories
Duplicate Baphomet Cards 
Duplicate Tao Gunka Cards 
(So all of them)

Duplicate Sword Guardian Cards (and all of these as well)

Duplicate Maya Cards

Duplicate Samurai Specter Cards

Duplicate Orc Hero Cards

And any items which they are slotted in. If you are affected by these wipes you can write into the GM team regarding a possible return of assets traded for these items or the return of the item in which the duplicate was slotted. But the cards are gone and will not be returned. 

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Thumbs up for testing

Edited by Spoon, 17 April 2018 - 04:57 PM.

#3 TheMachiavellian

TheMachiavellian

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

R.i.P. To champs building low dex due to no cast Zen.

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

R.i.P. To champs building low dex due to no cast Zen.

I didn't see any champ tests nor did I do any myself but, I think a one time stat reset is still called for

Edited by Spoon, 17 April 2018 - 05:00 PM.

#5 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

Come on we fall in the same of venatus, Why skels gives 6k exp ? why frus 5k exp ? wtf? Why the lowest exp tham bio2 ? 

#6 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

It is obvious from testing and user feedback that the changes initially proposed seem a little harsh. For historical perspective this is the settings on the various servers. Three seconds is an eternity in WoE and doesn't allow for much reaction when you are trying to fight.

Renewal: FCT 1 second
After Cast 1 second

Classic: Stat Cast 1 second
After Cast 1 second

Current RESTART: No delays

*Proposed* New RESTART: FCT 1 second
Skill Cooldown 2 seconds

Were going to update Sakray tomorrow to do the following

• All New characters start in Prontera
  • Acid Bomb Settings

FCT .5 Seconds

Stat Based Cast Delay: .5 Seconds

After Cast Delay: 1 Second

Skill Cool Down: .5 Seconds

Why isn't this logic applied to champs?  You say 3 seconds is an eternity in WoE yet think its fine for champs to have to wait that long just to recover SP then also cast zen for that long just to end up dispelled/spheres stolen/kited w/e.  You are saying its unacceptable to make biochems wait 3 seconds between throwing what is essentially ranged gfists.  Which is fine thats your choice to balance biochems in this way but you can't say its not fair for one job to wait 3 seconds unable to do anything then balance champs in the way you are.

Biochems are atleast providing FCP to their guild which benefits them even during the cooldown.  What benefit is a champ providing as they wait 3 seconds then plant their feet to cast two zens?

Edited by Wyndor, 17 April 2018 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Avataralex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Neuralizer or Heavy Lifter for fabric prize Fish in mouth seems so underwhelming

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Why isn't this logic applied to champs?  You say 3 seconds is an eternity in WoE yet think its fine for champs to have to cast zen for that long just to end up dispelled/spheres stolen/kited w/e.  You are saying its unacceptable to make biochems wait 3 seconds between throwing what is essentially ranged gfists.  Which is fine thats your choice to balance biochems in this way but you can't say its not fair for one job to wait 3 seconds unable to do anything then balance champs in the way you are.

Stat Cast Delay can be reduced by gear, stats, and skills. The changes being tested with Acid Bomb make the same reductions apply Acid Bomb as can be reduced with Zen

#9 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Why isn't this logic applied to champs?  You say 3 seconds is an eternity in WoE yet think its fine for champs to have to wait that long just to recover SP then also cast zen for that long just to end up dispelled/spheres stolen/kited w/e.  You are saying its unacceptable to make biochems wait 3 seconds between throwing what is essentially ranged gfists.  Which is fine thats your choice to balance biochems in this way but you can't say its not fair for one job to wait 3 seconds unable to do anything then balance champs in the way you are.

Biochems are atleast providing FCP to their guild which benefits them even during the cooldown.  What benefit is a champ providing as they wait 3 seconds then plant their feet to cast two zens?

Because bombs are not a guaranteed one shot ... should stop over exaggerating ... you put 5 second delay on bombs and you get a stupid champ fest as a result.

#10 GeekAthair

GeekAthair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:geekathair
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

I have to agree that Fish in Mouth seems pretty pointless. FiM was only viable when paired with skelion or scatleton and both have been replaced with Mastela for those unable to buy ranked slims. I'm all for the idea Avataralex had about either the Neuralizer or Heavy Lifter Box.

#11 Nemra

Nemra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

what if you made gfist have a 3 sec cooldown instead of an SP consumption cooldown? would champs be too fast or just right? 

#12 physotkm

physotkm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

No one else has mentioned it, but the HP and EXP values of the Odin's monsters are all off except for the MVP. You're giving renewal EXP and HP values again instead of classic, just like you did for Abyss Lake. Classic values for instance had Skeggoids at like 200-300k HP but giving 91k-100k base exp, 10 job. Normal valks should actually have like 1.5 mil HP instead of 1.0.

PLEASE CHECK THESE VALUES AGAIN. THIS WILL BE THE 3RD or 4TH TIME YOU'VE IMPLEMENTED THE PATCH WITH INCORRECT MOB HP AND EXP INFORMATION. For once the levels don't appear to be wrong, but CHECK THE LEVELS OF THE MOBS THEY SPAWN ALSO. The Bio2 MVP still spawns mobs above level 100 when it shouldn't and it took WEEKS to get Abyss Lake and other areas fixed.

If you implement this map as is, the only reason people will go there is to get Valk gear. The maps are garbage for EXP.

Speaking of AL3, it's STILL not had it's EXP fixed to the correct values. It's giving HALF of the exp it should there.

Edited by physotkm, 17 April 2018 - 07:09 PM.

#13 iWumbo

iWumbo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Because bombs are not a guaranteed one shot ... should stop over exaggerating ... you put 5 second delay on bombs and you get a stupid champ fest as a result.

+1

A zerging champfest.

Edited by iWumbo, 17 April 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#14 OrionSlayeer

OrionSlayeer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

@Camp, remember that Poll about Tokens and how they definitely should be getting cooldown? Why did you even do it, if you are just, once again, gonna ignore people who actually understand the game?? Valk Rand coming out with Tokens on 0 delay and Acid bombs hitting like a truck. Thanks for -_- up one of, what should be, the most challenging MvPs in the game. Any half brained idiot who farmed infinite tokens ( Another genius idea) with a half equipped Creator will cheese the hell out of any team trying to do it straight and fair. GG

Also, congratz on nerfing AD, before fixing Paladins Defending Aura, and before realising, Soul linkers. A class that should be out ages ago. Only gods know why you didnt yet. Maybe to make Potting harder and increase your revenue from WoE Boxes? Sounds dumb.

AD needs a nerf to the damage dealt at once, not to it´s DPS. It is a skill that, if the crea is left unchecked, with bragi, should definitely kill anyone with vit. Now it´s, go in, 1-shot AD Bragi or DLP to win a GvG and back off.

If you guys lack the experience to be able to come to decent balancing decisions, ask someone who does ffs.

#15 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

can abyss exp be fixed this maint?

#16 Suleika

Suleika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

No one else has mentioned it, but the HP and EXP values of the Odin's monsters are all off except for the MVP. You're giving renewal EXP and HP values again instead of classic, just like you did for Abyss Lake. Classic values for instance had Skeggoids at like 200-300k HP but giving 91k-100k base exp, 10 job. Normal valks should actually have like 1.5 mil HP instead of 1.0.

PLEASE CHECK THESE VALUES AGAIN. THIS WILL BE THE 3RD or 4TH TIME YOU'VE IMPLEMENTED THE PATCH WITH INCORRECT MOB HP AND EXP INFORMATION. For once the levels don't appear to be wrong, but CHECK THE LEVELS OF THE MOBS THEY SPAWN ALSO. The Bio2 MVP still spawns mobs above level 100 when it shouldn't and it took WEEKS to get Abyss Lake and other areas fixed.

If you implement this map as is, the only reason people will go there is to get Valk gear. The maps are garbage for EXP.
Speaking of AL3, it's STILL not had it's EXP fixed to the correct values. It's giving HALF of the exp it should there.

^
Please fix this.

#17 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

can you remove or at least nerf erremes guille in bio 2 ? he's nothing but a hindrance and give us a hard time, he can 1 shot us in party or solo players using his meteor assault and soul destroyer, its hard to regain the lost exp because of him, since you make changes in venatu then you can do that either for erremes, thank you

Edited by ad0l, 17 April 2018 - 08:33 PM.

#18 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

@camp/astra : Thanks for the detailed update, you starting to stepping up your game constantly ... credit were credit is due, good job.

Regarding Odins Temple /Jupe: 

The EXP given by these mobbs, considering thier most likely hard to kill nature , seems actually pretty low ( good think they give more job exp than thier classic counter part), but overall thier base exp seems off, but i look forward to test it, in the same breath i ask you to increase the exp given by venatu/dimik in juperos, with the exp event that was still in place the exp/h was good (not bio2 good), but decent right now it is way to low, I would suggest that you introduce new maps and hunting board to sakray aswell for testing. 

Regarding Acid Bomb:

The fixed cast time of .5 seems good, .5 on vct seems a little bit to low, but hey good think you test it, looking forward to the results

Regarding Asura/Zen:

Cast time of asura seems good , Global Skill delay seems ok if there wernt the SP Debuff Duration

Zen Variable Cast time is completly fine and justified (maaaayybbe 2 seconds would be ok ,even without sp debuff duration)

Generally speaking i still dont think the SP Debuff should be in place, but 3 seconds arnt 10 thats something

#19 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

Stat Cast Delay can be reduced by gear, stats, and skills. The changes being tested with Acid Bomb make the same reductions apply Acid Bomb as can be reduced with Zen

Yes i know the zen cast can be reduced.  But you're saying 3 seconds is so long for biochems yet you're forcing double that upon champs.  It's 3 seconds waiting without sp being truly useless, then atleast 3 more seconds of zen, fury, zen, spamming sp items and then getting into position and gfisting again.  This is assuming you aren't dispelled, orbs stolen n so on.  If 3 seconds is so long, isn't the fact they have to cast zen twice and use sp items enough of a cooldown between gfists?  This is ignoring the fact you can't dispel a biochem forcing them to zen, fury zen again just to attempt to use their ability.

Like others have said too, the cooldown n cast time stuff is cool n all for toning down biochems but it's not enough, the problem is they can 1 shot most people. 

As for odins temple, can we please not have a repeat of abyss lake?  The problem is you guys are saying ohh this is the same as what they were in classic, but then you have maps like porcellios and bio2 that offer better than the newer maps that are added.  Newer maps need to be better than the current offerings or no one will use them and we end up with essentially nothing new for an entire month like this month will be if odins temple isn't buffed.  

THIS IS NOT AN OPEN INVITATION TO NERF PORCELIOS OR BIO2!!!.  Let's not have a repeat of juperos, this is a invitation to start making newly added maps have a purpose and make people actually want to go there.

Edited by Wyndor, 17 April 2018 - 08:58 PM.

#20 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

One aspect about restart that i was looking forward to was the releasing of the dungeons again. However it is an extreme disappointment when they come out and are terrible leveling places. I remember each time a new dungeon was released it was a great time to check it out and organizing a party for places like Abyss, or Odin Temple was well worth the time to create.

I also really do not understand your logic on exp standards at all. You reduce the exp some monsters give based on their HP yet there are so many that do not fit that standard and should have their EXP increased. And then you release a new place with ratios way lower than that standard, oh and they have skills to think about as well.

And i would have to agree with removing Eremes Guile from Bio 2. It is very frustrating to have a monster come out of hiding to destroy you. Especially when you are not there to hunt him. I actually would not even consider it an issue if there were more decent options for people to go and level. Having only a few decent areas, and basically just one if you do not have GD access, which some have also had the exp reduced, and then you add more mobs. Well i guess having more possibility for items helps some people too, but really? All this exp shuffling started with Juperos being suddenly hit and people trying to point out it was not the only place with high rates, then one by one areas are nerfed instead of having other areas fixed to give proper exp for their difficulty. And to top it all off the info for the new dungeon looks like it, as well, will not be a place to hunt for exp. I personally like being able to go to different places, but anywhere that requires party set up should already have high rewards simply because parties do not form themselves. If it is going to take time to organize a party there should be enough exp to make that time worth it. Otherwise anyone will just go level instead, why waste time to organize a party for the same or similar exp you can get on your own?

#21 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Just to add one thing more:

Eremes in Bio 2  is fine and easy manageable, if you play in a party

#22 UrsaMinor1

UrsaMinor1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

Please check the EXP of the Odin mobs again as other people have stated already!

Also please finally fix the exp of the Abyss mobs!

We were hoping to get a variety of different viable leveling spots, but right now the only place people go to are Bio Labs (and a few GDs). The HP/Exp ratios are completely off. Skogul should have around 87k HP but also gives 27k Exp! Frus has around 83k HP but also gives 20k exp! If you go with the HP you've posted above the mobs should still give almost triple the exp you have posted!

I really looked forward to all these new dungeons but it's useless going there if the exp just isn't worth it.

Please create places for people to actually level at and not more places that will end up almost deserted.

For weeks people mentioned that the EXP in Abyss lake is still off but no one seems to care and I get the feeling it will be the same with Odin temple. Please don't make the same mistake again!

Edited by UrsaMinor1, 17 April 2018 - 10:54 PM.

#23 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

where are the exact percentage-rates of all monster- and mvp-drops you promised us weeks/months ago?

#24 Patione

Patione

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

"Three seconds is an eternity in WoE and doesn't allow for much reaction when you are trying to fight."

2.5s fixed after cast delay on Soul Destroyer :D

#25 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

can abyss exp be fixed this maint?

^