Recomendation on Geneticist Equips - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Recomendation on Geneticist Equips

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 blackgeass

blackgeass

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:22 AM

I returned after about 2 years and find out there are a lot of new stuffs that increase Gens damage either it is for CC or AB

at this moment I just got the Old Midas hat but my damage doesnt seem anywhere close to all other gens (like the diff from 60k to 200k dif on formless/ghost)

could you recommend what equipment I should look for?, asuming one set for max CC damage and other set for AB

Thanks

#2 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi! Had the same problem when I returned a month back. So many new stuff, but it's not THAT much once you really narrow down the vital stuff.

Check all gears HERE

First of all, Old Midas Whisper by itself will be a big help, but only when Overupgraded. The new item Cylinder Headband grants +60% more damage to CC as well as reducing its cast time by 100%. Midas grants +15% each 2 upgrades, so it's until +10 that OMW is stronger. Second, the weapon has lots to do too. +15 Crimson Mace seems to be the hot new toy, but I've also heard about Robot Arm, Valkyrie Hammer and trusty old Hurricane Fury still making the news.

For other gears, Mob Set (Mob Scarf + Sunglasses/Glasses), Tengu Set (Crow Tengu Mask + Tengu Scroll) and the brand new Seraphim Coronet are the hot debate topic in headgear. It seems to boil down to preferences, set up, style of play and preferred skill. Seraphim Coronet seems to be the winner for many, since it's just Middle Headgear and gives 250 ATK with 120 INT, a stat many Genes already had. Personally, I don't think it's worth the price tag if you're not running more classes that benefit. Even then, not sure. Mob Scarf is great in versatility since no 120 stat is required. Sure, it does not give the biggest boosts, but it gives super good boosts to AB mostly but still it's great for CC. It's what I'm using right now. Tengu set is where it gets different. The set requires 120 STR to work, so many Genes are trying it out. I admit I'm curious too.

FAW's are still in order, but now some roll EA4/2/1 because of Fairy Leaf Powder accessory. It gives bonus damage and After Cast Delay reduction. Another accesory is the Perverse Demon Mask, which gives bonus depending on your stats to other stats. But still, Sapphire Wristbands are still being rocked by many AB Genes and still helps lots with Instacast by Stats when not wearing Cylinder Headband. I like my Leaf Powder and Demon Mask combo. Another option that gets run is the Sarah's Earring with EA1/2 so you can use full EA FAW.

Temporal Boots are still the best ones, just between DEX and STR ones. STR is preferred for pure CC with high ATK weapons and Tengu set, but DEX is still great to AB fast and cut CC cast time. As for the enchants, Lucky Day for general use and Bear Power for when tanking stuff.

As far as new damage gears, I think that's the basics. I'm also learning, but that's what I've learnt until now. Do check other threads on damage and set ups discussions. They've helped me a lot.

#3 blackgeass

blackgeass

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

lets say I want to farm bio 5, what would max my cc damage?

atm I just have gotten the +12 old midas, using a meg too, yet my damage its still 60k there while it seems the "standard" for a gene there its like 300k (at least the genes I see that solo there)

#4 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Mirror this. https://youtu.be/sZGG0Yv_ciY
Lol don't know how to post link in Mobile.

#5 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

Mirror this. https://youtu.be/sZGG0Yv_ciY
Lol don't know how to post link in Mobile.

Yeah, try to mimic these gears and you too, should be doing OP damage. That guy's movement is so crisp, btw. 10/10

lets say I want to farm bio 5, what would max my cc damage?

atm I just have gotten the +12 old midas, using a meg too, yet my damage its still 60k there while it seems the "standard" for a gene there its like 300k (at least the genes I see that solo there)

What's you current set up? Remember that depending on the mob and its properties is what damage you're capable of doing. I can dish +400k CC on Amdarais because I can stack up plenty of multipliers (boss, dark, undead, weak to holy), but I cannot get that high a damage on a non boss neutral property mob because my gears don't increase damage on it. In that video he is stacking different types of damage against different mobs.

#6 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Erm... just a quick one, might not be really related to OP and didn’t want to open a new thread.

Is +9 Malicious Thanatos Hammer [1] good for CC gene? Just training like from 120 level onward. I have a +9 Triple Kingbirds RTE red but thinking if damage wise, would RTE be better? Considering Thanatos Hammer because it procs leech, which save pot.

#7 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

My +9 malicious Thanatos hammer is indispensable for leveling my genes. I would highly recommend it.

#8 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Thx thx. I know what to do now, senpai!

#9 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

Erm... just a quick one, might not be really related to OP and didn’t want to open a new thread.

Is +9 Malicious Thanatos Hammer [1] good for CC gene? Just training like from 120 level onward. I have a +9 Triple Kingbirds RTE red but thinking if damage wise, would RTE be better? Considering Thanatos Hammer because it procs leech, which save pot.

If you have access to Pyro, then a mace weapon is a must. Also regarding leech, if you can fund a +10 Evill Dragon Armor, then the leech from the Thanatos weapons is negligible compared to the EDA.

#10 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

If you have access to Pyro, then a mace weapon is a must. Also regarding leech, if you can fund a [bold]+10 Evill Dragon Armor[/bold], then the leech from the Thanatos weapons is negligible compared to the EDA.

That cost a billion Zeny which I don’t have...

Might have to push my boy in a bottle...

#11 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Server:quit

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

I used +10 crimson mace 2HF leveling till bio4 runs

#12 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

What about blacksmith gloves for the def bypass for AB?

#13 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

What about blacksmith gloves for the def bypass for AB?

AB already bypass DEF, no need for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users