Renewal Five for Friday 4/20 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal Five for Friday 4/20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

fiveforfriday_large.jpg\

Happy Friday, and welcome back!
Based on the poll results from this week's Five for Friday Questions Thread, looks like everybody would like a separate thread for answers, so here you are! Separate thread for our answers and your discussions.

Five for Friday Answers:

FOF:

Does either Camp or you ever  played ragnarok online at all? Do you enjoy your job?  How many people  has the staff that is dedicated to ragnarok 1? how is that no one works on weekends?

(is 1 big question actually, but the answer seems a pretty obviuous no, if it even gets answered)

Campitor: I have played Ragnarok Online off and on since 2003. I started off going for swordie back then have all the usual memories of going to the culverts. I picked it up again back when I first was hired in 2008 and still actively play my Geneticist on Chaos. I also have a great fondness for Gunslingers. I think only one player has ever figured out who I was and that was like 3 years ago. My group of friends was very active in the game but I currently have no clue if they still play. Currently RO1/RESTART has 3 staffers assigned to it for fixing/translating, 1 CM, and 1 graphic designer. This is much more than we used to have where it was just Myself and Oda. 
During the weekends the GM team monitors the servers. The staff you interact with on the forums works normal office hours offset later in the day so we can interact with the studio in Korea.

Astra: I've also played RO on and off, since about 2004. I joined mostly to fill out the Mage role in my friend's party, at his request, and ended up enjoying it enough to keep soloing outside of our party adventures. Similar to Camp, I'm not sure if those old friends still play, but those were good times!

FOF: When will we be getting the cards from the expanded regions that we've been missing for years, such as the ones from Brasilis?

Headless Mule Card
Increase Water and Holy property magical damage by 20%.
Class: Card
Compounded on: Accessory
Weight: 1  

L1xAOxY.jpg

Campitor: Many of these cards were just released in the last year by the studio. They may still be in the translation queue. I will ask about their availability. 

FoF: what happened with the missing information of royal banquet update: ie vicious mind enchants? Been waiting for 1 year. Can we expect the same level of commitment from you this time around for Terra Gloria?

#communicationmatters
#promoteyourgame
#informyourplayers

If you are gonna talk about the feeling. Act with the feeling.

We are watching.

Campitor: BLAM!

Spoiler

FoF: can you make this batch of costumes to be enchantable? Please dont make Magic Circle costume goes to waste.

Campitor: Yes we will add it this week.

Why are we back 6+ years of updates?
Why is this game pay to win?

None of my questions are going to chosen. However, I'm going to complain anyways.

Campitor: We may have not received some minor changes that are 6 years old. But we are not 6 years behind on updates. Were still working with the studio to get the game content patched as quickly as we can. We just finished translating the Malangdo entries for the 16.2 Guns and have received an updated Navigation File that we need to update. Threads like the ones Zero Tigress and Jaye have made are useful but don't distinguish between core game changes and small updates such as a cash shop hat we never received.

Why is the staff limited to answer only 5 questions a week?

Campitor: I am secretly a Djinn that can't count. (Free Question)

factorfiction_diesel.jpg

(GM Xealot's corner of the post for information from the GM Team to you!)

“Something something something… family”

Hello, everyone! GM Xealot here, and this week I wanted to talk about our little family. Some players have this notion that everyone working behind the scenes is a GM, but that is not true. VMods are unable to unsuspend you, CMs do not rebalance the game, and Campitor is often too busy to review each support ticket that comes in, so what do we all do?

=== GMs, CMs, VMods, and Producers ===

GMs (Game Manager) (eg. Xealot)
We perform the in-game duties and handle the support tickets. Whether you need assistance restoring a lost item or suspending a suspected bot, we are the ones to contact. We cannot rebalance the game nor do we create the rules, but we do enforce them. Our job is to make sure everyone plays and is treated fairly.

CMs (Community Managers) (eg. Astra)
They oversee forum updates, social media, community events, and livestreams. If it is related to the community, they will be the ones behind it. From weekly patch notes to livestreams, they are in charge of making sure the players are kept in the loop with the latest events and act as a messenger between players and the Producers. If you ask them to look over your ticket or un-suspend you, they will direct you to a GM. They are also unable to change the game, but you can bring your game concerns to them so they can relay the message to the Producers.

Producers (eg. Campitor)
Producers are the ones tinkering behind the scenes with new content. They request fixes for the game and rebalances for the items and skills you use every day. Although they have some ability to make direct edits much must still go through the main development studio at Gravity Corp. When maintenance occurs, they are working on the servers to make sure that updates are inserted into the game and bugs are fixed.  While they have the same powers as a GM, you will not see Campitor in-game hunting bots anytime soon. He is a busy man!

VMods (Volunteer Moderators) (eg. Cinnamon)
Volunteer moderators handle the forums. As an avid fan of the game, they have volunteered their time and energy to ensure that the forums are a safe place where players can express their thoughts. Sometimes players can get heated over certain topics and the VMods make sure the discussion stays on track. They do not have GM powers. They are unable to change the game. They do not have insider-information. They are players just like you, and they bring important community concerns to our attention whenever they arise. Please be gentle to them.

I hope this information helps direct you the next time you have an issue. See you next time!

#2 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

These questions are...  :p_sad:

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

Vicious Mind Enchants are up.

#4 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Please stop ignore my inquiries about the Red Baby Dragon Hat and Devil's Hand. I will excuse myself permanently from the forum if you can give me an ETA. Thank you.

#5 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

FoF: Do you have any comment about Nirvanna's "State of Chaos Renewal" topic?

#6 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

FoF: Although this is hopeless but... when are you going to fix item bugs? Especially the really old item bugs. :p_sleep:

#7 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

Please stop ignore my inquiries about the Red Baby Dragon Hat and Devil's Hand. I will excuse myself permanently from the forum if you can give me an ETA. Thank you.

These are cashshop items that may or may not ever come to iRO, your concern is understandable but I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree here. There’s another thread dedicated to cashshop item requests:

https://forums.warpp...-shop-requests/

Anyway did I just read the new costumes will become enchantable? If so, I’d take it as a nice compensation for the server rollback mistake. Hope campitor and WP staff will stick to their words.

#8 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

Vicious Mind Enchants are up.

What is the value of "X"?

Edited by YongkySH, 20 April 2018 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

What is the value of "X"?

Rolled depending on the item and the enchant.

#10 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Why was the question about when we're NOGH not answered? I think a lot of people want to know the answer to this.

Edited by XIII_Eraser, 20 April 2018 - 03:47 PM.

#11 KidlatFiel

KidlatFiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Can we have a rough estimate on when the N.OGH be coming to iRO

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

Why was the question about when we're NOGH not answered? I think a lot of people want to know the answer to this.

Yup we have been requesting updates for NOGH like for ages and it has never happened, some say it’s time to move on and accept the fact that it will never come to iRO, but there are still a few of us who refuse to let it go like this.

#13 KobayashiV2

KobayashiV2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWaiting for RO Zero

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

These questions are...  :p_sad:

Yup we have been requesting updates for NOGH like for ages and it has never happened, some say it’s time to move on and accept the fact that it will never come to iRO, but there are still a few of us who refuse to let it go like this.

Can we have a rough estimate on when the N.OGH be coming to iRO

I told you guys, they just select the easy ones. but dont worry we will still get OCP items (even if they dont work property) so just be patient.

#14 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

FoF : is iRO still getting the same sex marriage / human x doram marriage system?

#15 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

where is my question ?

mine is simple, i just want to know if possible for you guys WP team to rec another qualified person that mirroring or pretty similar with Mr. Camp

to help him handle the situation in renewal and restart

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Please clarify the max value of each X

#17 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

2/5 wasted FOF there.
well at least. that's how i see it as

#18 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Theres should be different value for X in each category, can you break down the numbers?

#19 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

a few weeks ago i got a vicious weapon with a blank enchant on 1 of the 3 spaces, what is that?

#20 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

a few weeks ago i got a vicious weapon with a blank enchant on 1 of the 3 spaces, what is that?

Unless information has changed since the last time I asked Camp about it., this is apparently normal and there is a low chance of not getting an enchantment on one slot.

#21 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

FOF: Really, when is the marriage update coming? I need my baby taekwon.

Edit: Seriously, we need answers. Last time it was said that it is expected around December 2017. Late December 2017 came and you said that there won't be any updates for that year because studio was busy and you'll be posting an outlook for 2018. In the said post, there was no mention of it anywhere nor in the succeeding posts.

Edited by dzn018, 24 April 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

Campitor: We may have not received some minor changes that are 6 years old. But we are not 6 years behind on updates. Were still working with the studio to get the game content patched as quickly as we can. We just finished translating the Malangdo entries for the 16.2 Guns and have received an updated Navigation File that we need to update.

You heard it here, folks. We are not behind and our (inferior) client is perfectly fine without all the quality of life modifications that make playing the game much more pleasant.

#23 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Unless information has changed since the last time I asked Camp about it., this is apparently normal and there is a low chance of not getting an enchantment on one slot.

that is very interesting indeed

#24 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:31 PM

FOF:

When will the Studio send us updates on OCA and MCA contents?

following: possible to make Maya Purple Card/Dark Illusion Card/Deviling Card tradable?

When will the Studio send us various sprite bugs fixes? like Time Decor, which costs 2200 Honor Tokens=35 days farming

Since Camp alrdy gave the drop table of new monsters of 16.2 and Vicious Weapon Enchant table, can CMAstra Please update the RO1 Updates page with all these info and also 16.2 updates so easy for people to look up?

#25 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:18 AM

Campitor:
During the weekends the GM team monitors the servers. The staff you interact with on the forums works normal office hours offset later in the day so we can interact with the studio in Korea.

are all WP staff based in the US? Specifically im asking information regarding available staff support during California sleep hours. Bot patrol/Stuck in an Instance/etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users