Should we upgrade KVM 2 hands weapons? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Should we upgrade KVM 2 hands weapons?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

ALL two hands kvm weapons in JRO reduce demi-human damage by 30%, as we have more and more OCP items which increased players' damage to some crazy level, should we upgrade the reduction at the same time?

Edited by zx56vb, 23 April 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#2 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

https://ragnarokonli...on/data/?=tab01

#3 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

YES!!!~~

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Nah, most 2h weapons are made to have more attack power and the cost of losing that defense.

#5 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

Nah, most 2h weapons are made to have more attack power and the cost of losing that defense.

Yea, 10 years ago, right now Shield is more and more powerful, I dont see much advantage of 2 hands weapon.

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

Yea, 10 years ago, right now Shield is more and more powerful, I dont see much advantage of 2 hands weapon.

Wouldn't that also be an argument to make that a pvm thing too and not just for glorious 2-h stuff? Since in pvm you can't wear other racial reduction cards as well.

If they got the full 30% then it'd kinda be like, well why use 1h stuff then? If it has less atk and reducs are same.

Maybe if they got like 10% of it on a 2-h instead or something.

#7 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Wouldn't that also be an argument to make that a pvm thing too and not just for glorious 2-h stuff? Since in pvm you can't wear other racial reduction cards as well.

If they got the full 30% then it'd kinda be like, well why use 1h stuff then? If it has less atk and reducs are same.

Maybe if they got like 10% of it on a 2-h instead or something.

Just like imuke shield, 35% reduction and 30% race reduction, if shield get additional reduction, it is fair that two hands weapon also get a 20-35% reduction.

There are also tons of shield which can increase ur damage, Shield like Alicecard give u even 50% reduction, GTB is also great, so some reduction for 2 hands weapon is OK I think.

New 2 hands weapons do not need any reduction because Gravity has already considered that new shields are powerful; but glorious weapon were designed before these powerful shields; also, dmg reduction>>>>dmg bonus in WPE/PVP, isn't it?

Edited by zx56vb, 23 April 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

It's a trade off, what the actual -_- is the point of this thread :I

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

Just like imuke shield, 35% reduction and 30% race reduction, if shield get additional reduction, it is fair that two hands weapon also get a 20-35% reduction.

There are also tons of shield which can increase ur damage, Shield like Alicecard give u even 50% reduction, GTB is also great, so some reduction for 2 hands weapon is OK I think.

New 2 hands weapons do not need any reduction because Gravity has already considered that new shields are powerful; but glorious weapon were designed before these powerful shields; also, dmg reduction>>>>dmg bonus in WPE/PVP, isn't it?

Reduction doesn't make too much a difference since most of woe and pvp is just 1 shotting anyhow @-@

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Two handed weapons are good assuming that you PvM and you don’t get one shot by monsters.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Before it used to be full redux rekted all. That’s why people were complaining how SCs were so broken because they had high redux and they were still efficient at what they did which was to Masq people. All you had to do was to pot and spam Masq and you won.

Now even with high redux, you won’t live long. You might be able to tank one killer but two and you’re done. Now you can’t tank 5+ people with mere cheap redux anymore.

#12 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

I would agree if this was PVM centered or better increase the slot of 2h weapons by 2 in contrast with 1h weapons. There is no more trade-off on having 2h or 1h. More and more it is disadvantageous to wear 2h weapons. The point is, there is no more point for 2h weapons to exist unless otherwise a skill opts it to be (i.e THQ, SB, RC, *insert bow skills here*). You can't really say that 2h weapons > in terms of damage than a 1h one. This reasoning is outdated.

#13 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:07 PM

it would be nice, but nah, this smells like how HF has reductions from medium sized enemies (can go up to 24% on a realistic setup)

if only it was designated enough, i would agree

#14 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

trade off? they killed that concept when they introduced a shield that gives atk

Edited by BlackMeow, 24 April 2018 - 12:48 AM.

#15 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

trade off? yeah, wearing a shield that gives atk isn't a trade off. e.g. gaia, anemos, mad bunny

Excellion shield :^(

#16 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

we could say if it's 2 handed, watk plays a huge role in the formula, as opposed to i believe shields being eatk?

excellion got nerfed too right

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

we could say if it's 2 handed, watk plays a huge role in the formula, as opposed to i believe shields being eatk?

excellion got nerfed too right

People thought Excelion was 30 atk/matk per refine, the actual effect is 30 atk/matk per 3 refine. so +12 Shield would be 120 atk/matk. I hope it gets fixed eventually.

#18 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

I would agree if this was PVM centered or better increase the slot of 2h weapons by 2 in contrast with 1h weapons. There is no more trade-off on having 2h or 1h. More and more it is disadvantageous to wear 2h weapons. The point is, there is no more point for 2h weapons to exist unless otherwise a skill opts it to be (i.e THQ, SB, RC, *insert bow skills here*). You can't really say that 2h weapons > in terms of damage than a 1h one. This reasoning is outdated.

I agree with this concept. For magic users, 2-h staves died the moment they released 50% MDEF Bypass Cards, and stuff got even worse with every subsequent MDEF Bypass gear that came with OCP. Sunflower Boy was dead from start, but now people found out that a Valkyrie Knife was a better pick, because you can deal more damage and wear a shield, so, most of you are right, what's the point in using a 2-handed weapon? What's the next step? Releasing a one-handed bow, so that Rangers can use shields? :P

#19 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

10 years ago there was the broadsword which increases your defense due to it's broad size

#20 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Maybe, if it comes inside OCP, they can do anything.

Edited by Hissis, 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users