Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

July 2017- 8000 Players, 70% bots, 30% Player base

Ocotober 2017- 2000 Players, 60% Bots 40% Player Base

Today 2018- 500-900 Players,  80% Bots, 20% Player Base

Anybody know why or what happend? As much as I love this game for nostaligic purposes, playing it since child hood, 16 years later, still hanging on strong and people still playing it.  But what happend RO? Why you so dead again :(!  This server would be so much more enjoyable if it had a bigger player base, less bots, and more to do then just focus on WoE..  

Rambles?

Edited by Zekayn, 23 April 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Zekayn

Zekayn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

My first ramble is..

April 18th 2018,

Biochemists- Slight Nerf, nothing huge, or major!  Still the #1 class to play, Bombs away fools..

Champs- Got the shaft super hard, Variable cast time on Zen, 2.5s, (Critical) Zen 2.5s, Asura 1s, 10s SP recharge Delay.. Total of 16seconds!!!! GM posts, 3 seconds seems like an eternity in WoE.  how do you think 16 seconds feels?

SinX- Still no changes, Need better damage, lower after cast delay on SD, still no viable..

Duped Cards- Glad they are gone, going to make a lot of the dupers quit/forced to change gear, but what about the other duped cards? DR/GR? Didn't we forget about those Restart GM's?

Odin Island- Exp isn't worth going there, the tables are still all messed up, sadly biolabs is still the #1 place to go.. 

Abyss Island- Exp still not fixed (how long has it been now?)

I mean, I can see why the player base is going down, the elitist are quitting because their precious dupes are now gone, their precious biochems got a laughed at nerf that didn't even do a darn thing to make a difference.  

So what now?  Shut down this server? Make a new one a year later and give people high hopes a server is going to work out again?  

This server has POTENTIAL! But it keeps getting screwed up left and right..

What was once good is now bad.. RIP Ragnarok... (RIP JUPEROS)

WTB old gravity staff back...

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

They moved to iRO Chaos  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#4 Mattxor3

Mattxor3

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

I can tell you what happened. I left. Then the rest followed. Mission accomplished.

#5 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

congratulations warpportal :)

#6 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

They moved to iRO Chaos :p_idea: :p_hi:

A few days ago Chaos actually have 2.5k players lol

#7 xiaoma

xiaoma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

Here I thought I gonnna give it a try today, guess not...FeelsbadMan 

:p_sad:

#8 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

when i quit restart i was selling my zeny for 3m per 1k YES 3m per 1k wpe

that was about 6 weeks after they opened restart,

i am now very happy on chaos since

restart had no future, i saw that way back when

Edited by kinkthecat, 23 April 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#9 de1ls0n

de1ls0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

-700 players,economy broken, full bot, 1bi=5$ . . . full dup item, sad to see an "innovative" server as it is.

#10 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Of course it is the exp table is too high and they nerfed Juperos to grant as much exp as it would have if we had gotten the original exp table.

No new player will stay they will all quit around lv 80 if they even make it that far.

#11 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

:p_sleep: noone seems to notice the mass bot bans  :p_swt:

#12 Notagain

Notagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

valk mvp's items are out in rmt website. should be easy to find out who is lending the items to them.

Edited by Notagain, 23 April 2018 - 08:16 PM.

#13 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Timeline of Restart: 

1. high amount of players , stable servers

2. Bots are comming up, since a lot of people seem to started to gor for rmt zeny, the amount of bots increased constantly in a short period of time

3. The bots started to infest more and more regions, alienating new still incomming players

4. The issue gets more and more out of hand, while initially low prices of every equip (and the spam of items from bots), helped out the demand the overflood becomes a very fast issue

5. People start to notice that Woe Potions are actually an issue, the voice for botting concern gets louder and louder, mvp scenes raises issues over certain things aswell

6. despite promises neither of these issues are dealt with for a long time, alienating more players

7. Woe gets introduced, the system in place ,that was a concern already for a lot of players made sure the knight and monk meta plus extrem difference in numbers between guilds alienating more and more players 

8. More and More people starting to vanish from maps when they hit lv 99 , reducing the amount of the former popular kill parties, leaving new players with bots to compete and lonely leveling, alienating more players

9. Woe meta shifts with every new class a little bit to keep things interesseting, ultimatly it doesnt shift any power sights , woe gets more and more empty castles, alienating older woe focused players

10. most players realize the market is already broken beyond repair and the duping issue starts to rise.

10. Porcellio and bio2 gets introduced, with hos ... , big puller parties are now a thing from 1-99 with ease , leaving new players out of the equation even more

11. jupe gets introduced and is overzealot with exp, kill parties are a thing for a time later shifting again to knight leech

12. jupe gets nerfed ,despite heavy concerns

13. alde 3 and odin doesnt introduce anything new to the table, all that there is are bios hunting valks for the first new valueable equip in months, since HWB are an issue aswell now.

Overall i oversimplefy a lot but anyway you get the idea :

- a part of the player base that goes full ego

- mismanagement

- bots

- rmt sellers and buyers (that are the reason for the majority of bots)

- duping

- unchangeable server settings comming from the first re:start despite the vastly different core audience

- ever declining players

Overall the decline of players didnt start yesterday, it started when the server was not even a month old, the only difference was back then the amount of players than were incomming was higher than the player that left.

*attention sarcasm*. Of course the general statment "Yes go... we dont care... ." for every leaving player at the start,from the player base, that raised concerns was a reaaal good choice ... *attention sarcasm*.

Edit:

Oh on a sidenote, of course there are less bots now, however ... the only reason the decline as well is ,thats its not profitable anymore to have huge amount of bots. If mass bots were banned before , the same day the double amount of bots got back, thats why people demanded a bot shield... not banns. However right now... why would and rmt seller bother anymore to use calc power of his pc, if he can bot other servers that are more profitable?

Edited by RealGarion, 23 April 2018 - 09:05 PM.

#14 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

A serious answer as to why a bunch of people quit would be their awful handling of the trans update.  They introduced it, allowed people to abuse jupers/gd crazy exp to lvl extremely fast and then nerfed it after a couple days which made anyone that couldn't play until the weekend end up drastically behind.  Then they added abyss lake and its trash exp yet nothing is done to fix it.  Odin temple just came out and same thing again.

Please Camp, actually buff the new areas to be playable so people can not only pile into bio2 and "new updates" actually mean something. 

I can tell you what happened. I left. Then the rest followed. Mission accomplished.

Aren't you the kid that blew a gasket because camp said GMs would be watching woe for cheaters and banning macro/bot wizards which you intended to use haha?  I guess your solution was they should just allow everyone to run bots/macros in WOE and they chased people off because they didn't want bots in woe being a thing?

Edited by Wyndor, 23 April 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#15 Mahinahehe

Mahinahehe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Loki,Odin,Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:27 PM

Poor management. Plain and simple. You can blame all the dupers, RMTers, botters, NDLers etc all day. But the fact of the matter is, every MMO will have cheaters.

Ultimately, management's course of action will determine the health of the game.

Add this to the fact that WP can't test patches for -_- before deploying 'em, i.e REALLY ABSURD exp table (because that's the exp table they got from Gravity, they reason out), and REALLY limited/viable leveling spots. 

I said it before.. WP management is -_- and sooner rather than later, Re:Start will die... if it's not already dead by now. 600 people and declining.

#16 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:35 PM

What they should do is buff exp in juperos, abyss lake and odin above bio2.  Send out an email to all accounts saying "we screwed up exp really badly, accept this free month VIP and enjoy the increased experience in these areas!!".

#17 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

Wait, isnt the server easy enough to make a 99 trans class in a week or less? Really people, you have to figure it out , exp is pretty broken, even if the exp tables are doubled every level, it would just take a few more days. 

My biggest complain is how easy it is to level up. And no, i am not talking about guild dungeon exp, or pre-nerfed juperos. As it is, the current maps with bounty quest are making it extremely easy and you dont need a party of 10 people or more, or play 24/7 a whole week. 

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

You guys don't know dead server.

Play classic. Then you'll know a real dead server. 

Just make the most of restart while it still has some people. 

Edited by Xellie, 24 April 2018 - 09:07 AM.

#19 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, its more like 70% dead

#20 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Wait, isnt the server easy enough to make a 99 trans class in a week or less? Really people, you have to figure it out , exp is pretty broken, even if the exp tables are doubled every level, it would just take a few more days. 

My biggest complain is how easy it is to level up. And no, i am not talking about guild dungeon exp, or pre-nerfed juperos. As it is, the current maps with bounty quest are making it extremely easy and you dont need a party of 10 people or more, or play 24/7 a whole week. 

The exp doesn't matter when they allow someone to lvl 3 times as fast for 3 days then nerf it before you login.  Of course the exp is still fast but when you login to see people already 90+ trans and you didn't even rebirth yet and you know its going to take you 3 times as long it pisses you off.  Saying oh the server is fast enough after someone benefited from their screw up doesn't make people want to play.  Notice how many people quit right after juperos was gutted.

Games like this need to respect every ones time equally and that was a totally disrespectful thing to do to anyone that works or couldn't play til the weekend.

Edited by Wyndor, 24 April 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#21 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, its more like 70% dead

Ok in coma then, waiting for heart transplant...works aswell

#22 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

The exp doesn't matter when they allow someone to lvl 3 times as fast for 3 days then nerf it before you login. Of course the exp is still fast but when you login to see people already 90+ trans and you didn't even rebirth yet and you know its going to take you 3 times as long it pisses you off. Saying oh the server is fast enough after someone benefited from their screw up doesn't make people want to play. Notice how many people quit right after juperos was gutted.

Games like this need to respect every ones time equally and that was a totally disrespectful thing to do to anyone that works or couldn't play til the weekend.

Actually the exp now is kinda easier than it was with juperos imo, that 3x as fast arguement is stupid cuz exp is stupid fast now. The only difference is now ppl party more vs knight leech, which technically is good for a lot more people cuz now ppl.get to play their classes (for the most part but usually non killers do pull)

Edited by Spoon, 24 April 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#23 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lots of money, resources and man power were wated on Classic and Restart. Someone though it would be a wise idea to bring back an old outdatted version of a game instead of fixing the actual game itself. Now they are trying to make up their losses losses through the cash shop.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

I'm still waiting for you to play with me in Chaos  :rice:  :rice:  :rice: 

Time to jump to Chaos because recently there are waves of new players coming to Chaos. After WoE died, server dropped to 1.4k. Somehow it went up again to 2k ... hmm ... 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 April 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#25 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Actually the exp now is kinda easier than it was with juperos imo, that 3x as fast arguement is stupid cuz exp is stupid fast now. The only difference is now ppl party more vs knight leech, which technically is good for a lot more people cuz now ppl.get to play their classes (for the most part but usually non killers do pull)

You missed the point.  The people that quit over the juperos nerf aren't here to see its ok now.  The damage is done, they chased them off.  They came on to see people 90+ trans and a 66% nerf on the main leveling map and guild dungeon nerfs.  WOE was in a few days, they knew they wouldn't catch up and decided screw it.  They aren't here reading the forums to see if its ok, they saw the dev team does idiotic stuff with very very poor timing and had enough of it.

If they lasted through that nonsense they were like most of us hoping abyss lake would be a viable place to level.  Then abyss lake came out, monsters with 5min+ respawn timers, using renewal level spells that 1 shot, total trash exp and after many "fixes" the exp is still awful and the map is unused. That was enough to chase more people off.

Then look at now, odin temple comes out and its a repeat of abyss lake.  People go there to pickup valk equips but no one is there to actually level.

Everyone is sick of the updates bringing absolutely nothing to the table.  This is basically what we have lined up for us:

May - Rache/Ice Dungeon/TKK - Rachel maps and ice dungeon will follow "classic exp table" and be useless, no one will go there and people will be leveling their TKK's in wolves/porcelios/isis/bio2/bio3 just like we do now.

June - Thantos Tower - same as the others.  Lvl soul linkers in the same spots listed before.

July - Thor's Volcano - expect to be 1 shot by spells for 2 months and after that is fixed still mediocre experience, have fun in bio2. Same with the TKM.

August - Cursed Monastery - Same as above, spell dmg problems and trash exp.

September - Endless Tower - potentially the first update in months that will matter at all.

That is the problem, you can't get excited for a new map to level in because we all know they are going to say ohh its classic exp table, screw you sit in biolabs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users