European region access to WP services terminated (why?) - Page 11 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

European region access to WP services terminated (why?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

#251 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:16 AM

So many cuties from EU too :wall:

We'll miss Xellie Sexy British accent, I'm still subscribed to her Youtube channel though :P

#252 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

I'm pretty sure all games with gambling mechanics in it are included, not only RO.

Seems like it all started because of the Battlefront 2 fiasco a few months back.

#253 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

It should not come as a surprise to you that this is how my inbox looks at the moment (SELL SELL SELL):
8ij8EYr.png

Edited by Daray, 26 April 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#254 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

I'm pretty sure all games with gambling mechanics in it are included, not only RO.

Seems like it all started because of the Battlefront 2 fiasco a few months back.

You're mistaking something.
Even if this was the cause then WP wouldn't have to ban all of Europe, just Belgium and the Netherlands.
Due to the date of termination of Service being the same as the date when the GDPR-Law is enforced, that is most likely the cause, which has nothing or little to do with Lootboxes.

Even if the EU would introduce a EU-Wide Lootbox ban, that Law would also take 1-2 years to be enforced. And iirc Germany is famous for hosting a bunch of Online-Poker sites so... i don't think Germany would agree to such a strict Gambling-Law anyways.

#255 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:31 AM

You're mistaking something.
Even if this was the cause then WP wouldn't have to ban all of Europe, just Belgium and the Netherlands.
Due to the date of termination of Service being the same as the date when the GDPR-Law is enforced, that is most likely the cause, which has nothing or little to do with Lootboxes.

Even if the EU would introduce a EU-Wide Lootbox ban, that Law would also take 1-2 years to be enforced. And iirc Germany is famous for hosting a bunch of Online-Poker sites so... i don't think Germany would agree to such a strict Gambling-Law anyways.

If one EU country initiates a law, especially a law that protects it's citizens from predatory practices, then wouldn't the other EU countries follow?
Isn't that what most EU countries do? WP's sudden announcement is probably because of the sudden implementation of the law.

Don't be rash on blaming WP as a whole since I'm sure they too didn't want this to happen.

#256 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:32 AM

I doubt that the ban will go on. GungHo will hopefully provide assistance to solve the issue and will let WP comply to the GDPR. The problem is, is there still enough time to do it? What games will and will not be saved?

I still haven't met Xellie ig.

#257 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Hello everybody,

We have recently posted an FAQ thread addressing some of the most common questions asked over the past few days.

Please view them here: https://forums.warpp...update-faq-ro1/ and continue your discussions there. If you have any other questions for us, please bring it to that thread and we'll take it up with management and do our best to get answers quickly.

Thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users