Europe Region Access ? - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Europe Region Access ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#26 RealBoxer

RealBoxer

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

nice now dragonica/dragon saga will die

#27 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

Guys dont see this as the end, see this as a new beginning was good while it lasted we had great memories but like when we grow up is time to let things go nothing last forever

Now try avoid online grind games because in the end  all the work will go out wasted since future is always uncertain 

I wish you all gl in life and to have fun in new gaming experiences Dragon saga will leave forever in our hearts 

#28 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

1. It aint WarpPortal's final say. It's Gravity KR the parent company.
  2. The amount that would have to be done to ensure this was properly prepared for would take more time and money that said Parent Company is willing to spend. Also this would ultimate result in a dedicated EU server which would've locked every EU player from their NA accounts anyways and put the EU playerbase under a different company aside.
  3. The vast majority of the games WarpPortal publishes aren't exactly newer tech. Many still have older computer recommendations and they're not as massive of a company.
  4. Popcorn examined statistics and showed <15% of companies can abide by these rules. This minority are likely the ones with the bigger time and resources that is needed.
  5. Two years may seem like a lot of preparation. But given the needed work it would've taken even longer possibly for companies of this smaller scale.

Where do you get your information? Can't say I'm an expert on this topic after just reading this https://www.eugdpr.o...regulation.html, but for example in your number 2 to you say they would've eventually needed a dedicated EU server. Why is that when one of the main points of this regulations is that it doesn't matter where the server is located as long as it's handling personal information of EU citizens?

3. This regulation also doesn't really have anything to do with the games themselves, just with how you store personal information and how much knowledge and access the user has to that information. A valid point would be that their data storing practices/hardware/software are also outdated, but that's pretty concerning isn't it.

4 .Others not being ready also is hardly an excuse is it? This is what we (consumers, society) need, and companies not being ready for it is precisely why we need it. Their greed leaves no room for caring about individual users, so laws are required to force them to care. Companies not being ready for something like this should again be concerning, not some sort of reason to call out this law or defend those companies.

5. I do not know all the tiny details in the law, but EU officials would not shoot themselves in the foot by making a law that's too hard for small companies to follow. They are not idiots. And of the thousands and thousands of companies that this law concerns, warpportal is not even on the smaller side. I'm sure they thought about a local flower shop having a frequent buyer program when making these regulations.

And lastly even though it's probably mostly decided by gravity, I don't think warpportal has 0 responsibility in this, but it's not like that matters. Their reason for not complying with the gdpr does matter to all of the remaining players however, because if it's faulty practices that they are not willing to fix then well, that's not good is it.

#29 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

Hello everyone! We are forwarding all of your questions on to the management team, and have set up a FAQ regarding this matter. At this time we will be forwarding on all topics to the FAQ for further inquiries, which you can find here.  We are locking other topics so we can keep questions in the same thread for anyone looking for these answers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users