Will EU players have their accounts banned if refunds are processed? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will EU players have their accounts banned if refunds are processed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

I'm a EU player and because of the recent news there are some things that need to be clarified by the GM team.

1. Will EU players that demand refunds have their accounts banned if the refunds are approved?

There's a usual clause where if refunds for games like Ragnarok Online are processed your accounts are banned for further use to avoid abuse.
I have purchased a lot with the intent of reaching end game content and future content in the game, in a way investing in a game I enjoy. With this news that is thrown out the window and I as a consumer and player feel cheated. If I were to request a refund I would do so for further back than february 1st and would be feel inclined to take the case via my bank if the gm team refuses to hear me out.

2. If EU players are only blocked (no accounts banned), will we be able to access our accounts from another location?

I have two homes, one in the EU and one in the US because of my family. Will I be able to play iRO while in the US?

3. To what extent are refunds approved?

Is there a monetary limit, as mentioned under (1.) my purchases extent much further back than february with the intent of playing iRO long term. How is this considered by WarpPortal and the gm team?

4. If only access from EU services are blocked(no bans), to what extent are VPN services blocked and tracked?

Will VPN usage be monitored by the GM team of previously EU players and will those players under "suspicious login activity" be banned?

5. If refunds are processed but I transfer my purchased gear/cash shop items/box winnings to my guildmates prior to May 25th, will the gear purchased with the refunded money be tracked down and removed?

Considering this is a big deal, these are some questions I feel I need clarification on. Not just "why". There is a real, large quantity of money put into iRO by select individuals and a great deal of time invested in this game. Restricting and revoking access to the game because WP is unable to comply with EU laws that have been in the works for nearly two years is drastic to say the least and players deserve a more concise answer than a small statement and forum answers.

Thanks.

#2 Lolinhaa

Lolinhaa

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

I'm a EU player and because of the recent news there are some things that need to be clarified by the GM team.

1. Will EU players that demand refunds have their accounts banned if the refunds are approved?

There's a usual clause where if refunds for games like Ragnarok Online are processed your accounts are banned for further use to avoid abuse.
I have purchased a lot with the intent of reaching end game content and future content in the game, in a way investing in a game I enjoy. With this news that is thrown out the window and I as a consumer and player feel cheated. If I were to request a refund I would do so for further back than february 1st and would be feel inclined to take the case via my bank if the gm team refuses to hear me out.

2. If EU players are only blocked (no accounts banned), will we be able to access our accounts from another location?

I have two homes, one in the EU and one in the US because of my family. Will I be able to play iRO while in the US?

3. To what extent are refunds approved?

Is there a monetary limit, as mentioned under (1.) my purchases extent much further back than february with the intent of playing iRO long term. How is this considered by WarpPortal and the gm team?

4. If only access from EU services are blocked(no bans), to what extent are VPN services blocked and tracked?

Will VPN usage be monitored by the GM team of previously EU players and will those players under "suspicious login activity" be banned?

5. If refunds are processed but I transfer my purchased gear/cash shop items/box winnings to my guildmates prior to May 25th, will the gear purchased with the refunded money be tracked down and removed?

Considering this is a big deal, these are some questions I feel I need clarification on. Not just "why". There is a real, large quantity of money put into iRO by select individuals and a great deal of time invested in this game. Restricting and revoking access to the game because WP is unable to comply with EU laws that have been in the works for nearly two years is drastic to say the least and players deserve a more concise answer than a small statement and forum answers.

Thanks.

^All of this

I think that we, at the very least, deserve some answers.

#3 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Yep..me too looking forward the answer for all above. RO is not just a game. It is life. You cannot just end someone life and only pay for the last 2 months of their life. For example, people been spending a lot to +14 KVM or Bio5 HG since last year, so they can play end game content easily for the rest of their life. A simple 2 months back refund wont do them justice

#4 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationTARDIS, Everywhere and Everywhen
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

What do we want? Answers! When do we want em? Now!

#5 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

lol

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

I'm surprised that WP even considers refunds. How kind of you WP. The problem is EU  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 April 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

Yep..me too looking forward the answer for all above. RO is not just a game. It is life. You cannot just end someone life and only pay for the last 2 months of their life.

Its a game. 100%. Its free to play. Nobody broke your arm to make you pay. And the digital assets you possess in the game are not real and are not your property. You can print out a screenshot of your items if you want to keep them forever.

Its not an investment opportunity, its a product that you rent. You play the game and they save your progress for you. They facilitate an interaction between you and other players. When you buy something in the game, it isn't "yours". You cannot download your account. You can't play the game single player. Its all 0's and 1's stored in their databases.The reason RMT markets are illegal is because it involves the sale of digital items that neither party owns for real cash. 

No refund will fill your emotional hole if RO = Life to you.

If they do any refund it should be for unused VIP. Even then your account isn't banned so you can still find a way to play, I am pretty sure you can still take measures to change your IP (not a guide). 

Edited by Scuba, 24 April 2018 - 09:19 PM.

#8 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

No. It was EU's law so EU will pay for you not the game company or whatsoever. If the government decides to build a road passing your house it's not your real estate companies problem, is it?

#9 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Use proxy, what problem, use proxy for log in then off and play lol

#10 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

Use proxy, what problem, use proxy for log in then off and play lol

I wonder if it's illegal to use something like that to bypass GDPR. I hope not. Even if it is, I sure hope no body of gov't is actively catching people with heavy fines for that.

#11 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

If I understood it correctly, the citizens won't be fined but the companies who collects the data. You can bypass it but if the company was caught they will be the one answering to the EU.

#12 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

I'm surprised that WP even considers refunds. How kind of you WP. The problem is EU :heh:

Well dang. I’ve been missing out. But since I’m here.

I’m going to need my refund also. I think I spent $20 on this game like 3 years ago. When can I expect this back?

#13 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:56 PM

To everyone saying it's EU's fault and not WP:

1. Countries not part of the European Union are still affected by the block despite not being a part of the law concerned.

2. Warpportal is blocking a whole region with only a month's prior notice? It's the company's responsibility to just comply with the law? It's not even a particularly hard law to comply with.

3. VPN is a proxy so if they ban that then RIP. 

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

To everyone saying it's EU's fault and not WP:

1. Countries not part of the European Union are still affected by the block despite not being a part of the law concerned.

2. Warpportal is blocking a whole region with only a month's prior notice? It's the company's responsibility to just comply with the law? It's not even a particularly hard law to comply with.

3. VPN is a proxy so if they ban that then RIP. 

Considering past instances with data, it would be equivalent to a ticking time bomb.

#15 NinjaCrow

NinjaCrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

"

19. LIMITATION OF SERVICE TERRITORY
Company officially notifies that Company does not provide any Services to a European User. If you are a European User, please do not attempt to access to Web Sites or to play any game on or through any service of Company. Further, if you newly acquire the nationality, or at any reason at all, by which you become a European User after your using Company’s services, you should notify such fact to Company for our terminating your access to Company’s services under the condition of this User Agreement.

"

"

8. TERMINATION
Either you or Gravity may terminate your Account at any time without further obligation to the other. Further, Gravity reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time without further obligation to you. if the service or your account is terminated or cancelled at any time for any reason, you agree to the following: (1) you will not be entitled to any refund or proration of WarpPortal Energy or Game level Item Mall Points (2) you will lose any characters developed, items accumulated or WarpPortal Energy or Game level Item Mall Points purchased and you will not have the right to transfer, sell or assign any characters, items or Item Mall points to anyone else; (3) you may not access the service in any manner or for any reason, including via any other account. in the event that an account is terminated, Gravity may terminate any and all other accounts that share the member name, phone number, email address, internet protocol address Hardware device or credit card number with the terminated account; (4) we may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and your Account) immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or willfully infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon game play, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion, inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Rules of Conduct. If we terminate this Agreement under any circumstances, you will lose access to your Account for the balance of any prepaid period without any refund.

"

Quoth there User Agreement 
http://www.warpporta...ragreement.html

#16 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:16 AM

how to ban people on ro 2018,

"he/she's european"

#17 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

"

Company officially notifies that Company does not provide any Services to a European User. If you are a European User, please do not attempt to access to Web Sites or to play any game on or through any service of Company. Further, if you newly acquire the nationality, or at any reason at all, by which you become a European User after your using Company’s services, you should notify such fact to Company for our terminating your access to Company’s services under the condition of this User Agreement.

"

"

8. TERMINATION
Either you or Gravity may terminate your Account at any time without further obligation to the other. Further, Gravity reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time without further obligation to you. if the service or your account is terminated or cancelled at any time for any reason, you agree to the following: (1) you will not be entitled to any refund or proration of WarpPortal Energy or Game level Item Mall Points (2) you will lose any characters developed, items accumulated or WarpPortal Energy or Game level Item Mall Points purchased and you will not have the right to transfer, sell or assign any characters, items or Item Mall points to anyone else; (3) you may not access the service in any manner or for any reason, including via any other account. in the event that an account is terminated, Gravity may terminate any and all other accounts that share the member name, phone number, email address, internet protocol address Hardware device or credit card number with the terminated account; (4) we may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and your Account) immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or willfully infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon game play, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion, inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Rules of Conduct. If we terminate this Agreement under any circumstances, you will lose access to your Account for the balance of any prepaid period without any refund.

"

That is the very definition of unethical business. A Terms of Service doesn't suddenly make bad things ok.

#18 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

"

"

"

8. TERMINATION

"

RIP EU players , who next ? i wonder how they be managing their goods .... ><! 

Oh wait ? can EU players even connect to the server now ? or this ''beep'' is permanent ?

#19 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

Surely the CMs are up by now, can we please have a response to the questions listed here?

#20 NinjaCrow

NinjaCrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

That is the very definition of unethical business. A Terms of Service doesn't suddenly make bad things ok.

no it doesn't, but you agree to follow the Terms of Service each time you play and if you do not agree with the Terms of Service you are then free to not use their services.

#21 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

I now know why they kept rotating Mob, Tengu, and Abyss dress in boxes in such a short time frame :D.

#22 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:01 AM

no it doesn't, but you agree to follow the Terms of Service each time you play and if you do not agree with the Terms of Service you are then free to not use their services.

​Those terms were changed to that on the same day of the announcement. They sneak that in there without even notifying us before hand that it would be a thing. It's shady and there's no defense for it. The outrage is entirely because we don't agree to the change. Who would? 

#23 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

CM Astra is asking players to please continue conversation in the new designated FAQ thead!

Hello everybody,

We have recently posted an FAQ thread addressing some of the most common questions asked over the past few days.

Please view them here: https://forums.warpp...update-faq-ro1/ and continue your discussions there. If you have any other questions for us, please bring it to that thread and we'll take it up with management and do our best to get answers quickly.

Thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users