Hyperinflation upcoming with mass-quitting due to EU ban? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hyperinflation upcoming with mass-quitting due to EU ban?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

Pardon me for bringing up such an issue at the time like this, but as an NA player I am concerned at the economy of RO after WP's EU sanction. We've seen how the mass-quitting in December caused inflation in zeny, due to veterans quitting and RMT their zeny to others ppls, resulting in concentration of zeny to smaller playerbase. Now that EU is banned, the ppls will definitely not sit here and quit peacefully with MVP cards and billions of zeny on their abandoned accounts.

I wonder how the other ppls will be affected. Is there anything WP can do on its end? If EU players can get refunds for their MVP cards and zeny farmed in-game, hyperinflation may be prevented but I doubt WP is interested in giving up a huge amount of money. Are we ready to embrace 1b/1k WPE price tag in the next few months? The unfortunate truth is that it can get uglier than this.

:hmm:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 25 April 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#2 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

I'm afraid of the future of the server, if I am new and I'm looking at all these crazy prices. It would make me walk out from where I came, solely because I know I would. 

Pardon me for bringing up such an issue at the time like this, but as an NA player I am concerned at the economy of RO after WP's EU sanction. We've seen how the mass-quitting in December caused inflation in zeny, due to veterans quitting and RMT their zeny to others ppls, resulting in concentration of zeny to smaller playerbase. Now that EU is banned, the ppls will definitely not sit here and quit peacefully with MVP cards and billions of zeny on their abandoned accounts.

I wonder how the other ppls will be affected. Is there anything WP can do on its end? If EU players can get refunds for their MVP cards and zeny farmed in-game, hyperinflation may be prevented but I doubt WP is interested in giving up a huge amount of money. Are we ready to embrace 1b/1k WPE price tag in the next few months? The unfortunate truth is that it can get uglier than this.

Edited by MikeWolf, 25 April 2018 - 06:20 AM.

#3 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

How about WP giving credit to a different affiliate. Credits outside iRO rather than cash. That way WP can delete EU accounts with them getting something back.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

There will be no WPE 1k = 1b because there are not WPE sellers. I mean the smart ones wont spend money anymore.

#5 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

What is the Migdgard Ministry of Finance even doing?!

#6 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

I've been buying up all the usable items to hedge against inflation.

#7 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

these not going 2 happen to RO Only, these is whole WP games issues

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Does anybody know what actually happened with the mass-quitting last Dec-Jan? We know and felt people quitting and dumping a lot of zeny into circulation, but what actually happened? Some country got IP-banned?

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

Does anybody know what actually happened with the mass-quitting last Dec-Jan? We know and felt people quitting and dumping a lot of zeny into circulation, but what actually happened? Some country got IP-banned?

The End of WoE and it has caused massive effects. Even now Warpportal doesnt care if it is still dead hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 April 2018 - 07:59 PM.

#10 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

The silence is deafening honestly

#11 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

nightmare OGH...only card WP can play to save the game now

#12 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

^savin it for when there is only 3 months left

Barely relevant against OCP items anyway

#13 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

I'm yielding towards OCP REMIX 4 containing all of blackmeow sigs and recently released jRO gears in the next OCP. Or new costume REMIX.

Then blackout.........Firesale.

Early Mad bunny event.

EU players I think frequents buying WPE. With them not spending, quitting and requesting refunds altogether and WP needing to make ends meet. 

Bring forth the genius marketing plan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users