Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START] - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Update 5/23/2018:

Beginning Thursday May 24th at 11:00 AM PDT access to WarpPortal and all WarpPortal services will be suspended for the European Regions. For information regarding the new Terms of Service please visit our forums located here:

https://forums.warpp...-region-access/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the European Region Access Announcement.

Unfortunately as noted here all of Warpportal will be closing access to EU countries starting May 25th.

The RO1/RESTART Team is aware that with our game there are unique situations where the guild leader was responsible for the storing of God Items and Guild Leadership. To any of our EU based guild leaders we want to extend the chance to transfer God Items and Guild Leadership to any member of your guild which you trust. 

In order to to submit this request please submit a ticket to the GM Team and PM Xealot on forums. Xealot will be on hand to expedite any of these requests that are made so they are handled before the window of contact closes.

FAQ

When will this refund thing start?

• Refunds will start on May 1st. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. 

Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?

• Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.

Do we have to write tickets?

• [5/4/2018 Revision] Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.
    Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?

• All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.

What is the list of all affected countries?

• All of Geographical Europe except for countries located in the Commonwealth of Independent States

Is Turkey affected?

• Yes

Why is this block happening?

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

Q&A - Updated 5/18/2018

We've received answers to some of your questions from our management team! Thank you very much for your patience.

Spoiler

Please direct all conversation and inquiries on the topic here.
We will relay your questions to our management and do our best to post responses as soon as we can.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

#2 nirinel

nirinel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:charmwitch
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?

• All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.

So if you're in a non-restricted area you can't access accounts that were originally made/registered in Europe? 

#3 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

THE COUGH OF DEATH SIGNIFYING THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

#4 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

RIP RO

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

how will this affect accounts that have multiple access (i.e: god item accounts) which are accessed regularly by USA players and EU players alike? Is the ban based on if EU IPs access these shared accounts or purely where they are registered?

next question: if an eu player logs on to an account will that flag it?

Edited by Xellie, 26 April 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#6 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

Serious question here:

Would Warp Portal consider hiring someone dedicated strictly to network compliance?

#7 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Well, atleast that ladypsyber person and wyndor can stfu about VPNs now :x

#8 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationTARDIS, Everywhere and Everywhen
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Is there a way to save the account from termination if it can be proven they no longer live in Europe. And if so do they have to send a ticket or where should this be addressed?

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

another one: I paid for a friend's account from europe so she could be vip, she is located in mexico. Will she be suspended?

and will i get my refund lol

Edited by Xellie, 26 April 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#10 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

Is there a way to save the account from termination if it can be proven they no longer live in Europe. And if so do they have to send a ticket or where should this be addressed?

I came to ask exactly this.

#11 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

Can you stop locking threads in Community Chat so that people can vent/grieve?  I think your players deserve the chance to do that.

#12 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

This is way too funny. I hope its a full refund and not just 4 months lol

#13 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for the RO2 mousepad and hoodie!

#14 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

So question, Since i was away for the past month and have 1 EU account a 2 US accounts because i moved country, but come to find out my EU account is banned, but i can still access my US accounts. IS WP willing to transfer my EU account items to my US account? Or am i just screwed since ive been away for a few months and i can't be asked to read forums every day to keep up with -_- like this.

i would just send in a ticket but with this going on im sure i wouldn't get a answer for a while so lets try here first.

#15 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Question. Does disabled mean the acount will be banned, deleated or just IP blocked

#16 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

How are you planning to refund players that used paysafe cards or similiar means ? 

#17 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

Was the Warp Portal team aware of the compliance issues in July 2017 when the Re:start server opened?

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

POPULAR

Why are you refunding us only from feb (Gravity's historically lowest performing quarter) when some of us paid VIP well into this year last year. 

Do the decent thing and refund from last year. 

#19 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

This isn't even proper English let alone a valid and decent response. There are no details, no reasons given for why the company was unable to adapt and comply and no suggestion that anything else was put forward or tried first. It's a totally empty response and very disrespectful to all your affected customers. I don't think you have any of our kindly understand I'm afraid.

#20 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

These 2 questions which are the most important aren't really clear. With accounts disabled do you mean banned, deleted or just inaccessible from Europe?

#21 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy. Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

This isn't even proper English let alone a valid and decent response. There are no details, no reasons given for why the company was unable to adapt and comply and no suggestion that anything else was put forward or tried first. It's a totally empty response and very disrespectful to all your affected customers. I don't think you have any of our kindly understand I'm afraid.
Do 1+1. It's like you pretending a robber to tell you what he stole and when. It's obvious they don't say for obvious reasons.

#22 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

These are probably repeated questions from those already listed above: 

If accounts were created within the EU, but I've moved out of the EU, will it be disabled (whatever disabled means)? 

Would it help if I changed the location of my WP accounts to be located out of the EU to Asia, where I live?

What if I've logged into a friend's account, but he lives in the US? He wouldn't be accidentally disabled, would he?

How are you going to determine who lives in the EU and who doesn't? Would it be by last login or by place of account creation?

P.s. These might sound like silly questions, but hey.. They're my circumstance! 

#23 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Will i have to keep my items on the account in order to get a full refund, and are the refunds gonna be on a account per account basis?  asking for both iRO&Re:Start

#24 howudoing

howudoing

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

Lol you guys are lucky you're even get some kind of refund. Not like you didn't get a yr of enjoyment from the server.

#25 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

What if somebody renounced their citizenship and moved out of EU to save their account? Will their account still be disabled?

What if, in order to play again, someone eventually moves out of EU? All their hard work just disappears and they have to start over?

Sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users