Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START] - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#51 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:09 AM

I always knew WP never actually answers questions on their FAQ threads but this one really takes the cake. I don't think you'll be getting anybody's "kindly understand and attention" on this.

Yep, people are owed a better explanation than this by far.

The way I see it:

Since fRO/euRO isn't closing down, this has nothing to do with some Gravity KR licensing issue and GDPR.

Since ALL WarpPortal games are shuttering EU access and not just RO, this has nothing to do with some technical aspect of RO that perhaps by design integrates personal user data INTO the game itself in a way that can't be easily programmed out (unique trade IDs, personalized items, etc).

Since no other international games (that I know of) are shuttering EU access, it leads me to believe that this is an issue with how WarpPortal handles personal information. Either their DB is structured in such a way that it's "insecure" and doesn't jive with GDPR (theoretically easy to resolve), or the only way this game stays afloat is by monetizing our personal information in a way that GDPR makes prohibitively onerous (much harder to resolve). I have no idea which is more likely. It could even be both.

Edited by Rastaban, 28 April 2018 - 05:09 AM.

#52 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

How to kill of all servers with a single post.

I didnt think thats possible but you guys did it!

#53 kotsumu

kotsumu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

I posted his in a locked thread

Why is it sketchy that WarpPortal is blocking access to European regions instead of bringing their systems up to date? Well one can argue that they just do not wish to invest in development efforts. However, GDPR is something that will eventually make it to United States as well. WarpPortal is essentially saying that they would rather sacrifice their whole player base instead of putting extra efforts into development to secure account data. By choosing to block access they are essentially saying that this is a failing business model for them.

Now what about people from other countries whom their account information is not being protected at the moment by regulations? What is WarpPortal doing to these user information that they had to take such drastic measures as to take down their entire European operations? What exactly is their true business model? Is my information really secure with them? These are the questions I'm asking in my head and I encourage everyone to think about it to

#54 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Almost 600 people online still weird.

#55 ARTEMI5

ARTEMI5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

It's woe day. Some people sticking around to see how the woe population is doing. I think it used to be 1500 on sat and Sundays a few weeks ago before the GRPR news came out from WP

#56 EvilPandaGenius

EvilPandaGenius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

Posted 4 minutes ago

I thought the forum was suppose to be a place where the community could tell you how they feel in general about anything related to the game and help bring customer satisfaction? No?

Have you guys gone back also on your american rights on freedom of speech?

Are you denying human beings a fighting chance on stopping the deletion of what they worked over a decade on just because they are from somewhere else?

You're clients have been from around the world, just like many other games. If they are fighting for our rights to keep playing the games we enjoy why aren't you?

Go ahead and delete this topic ill just copy and paste it again. Go ahead and delete my account. I have 6 just like everyone else. Go ahead  and refund me my money but not just for the past two months, refund me my money my time, my life for the past 15 years.

Sincerely,

Gevo 

[Poring]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 April 2018 - 07:27 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed, inappropriate remarks.

#57 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Lol this is some dumb -_- right here.

#58 Seelen

Seelen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

It was fun while it last, not so these last week.

the feeling of betrayal is up in the air, I am really worried how WP is handling our data, since they believe its easier to shun all EU players than comply.

But enough its enough, Rest In Peace (or pieces) Internation Ragnarok Online.

15 years of time, good moments, bad moments... I still have my guild even when we cant play here anymore.

Byes.

#59 SummerFire

SummerFire

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

I8ALbQN.gif

This are our parents.

They weren't particular outstanding compared to all those heroic adventures with their shiny bubbling aura and oversized killing cuddle toys.
They weren't the onces who rushed straight into a dungeon if someone shouted "MVP!"
They were more the average citizens who tried their best to make life a bit better.
But telling the truth, we were happy that they stood at home and spent their time with us - their beloved children.
They always supported us in our dreams and told us to never give up.
For us our parents were the real heroes and we never thought that anything could separate us...

ndVFx4P.gif

But we were wrong...
The next day we awoke our parents layed murdered by WP inside their beds.
We still remember how dad held mom protective inside his arms and we can't stop crying over the loss of mommy and daddy.
With painful hearts we layed our parents to their last rest and spent days and nights protecting their grave not able to understand this cruelty...

KPd8Amp.gif

With no relatives left to take us in our future was dead certain...

Not able to pay for the rent of our parents home we eventually got thrown out and lost the last belongings our mom and dad had left us.

Now we are starving on the streets of morroc - water and food became a rare good.

We only have each other left and the tattered clothes covering our sore bodys...

#60 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

You know, I came by for the first time in a couple months just to see what was going on. I was really hoping that one day, WP would have turned around and started treating their player base and customers with more respect. But no, I came and saw this. Even though I haven't logged in and done any kind of serious leveling in quite a while (a year? Maybe more?), it still saddens me to see this news. I'd rather play on a server where the hosting company respects their customers than to walk away like that, but I couldn't stand around and let WP treat me like a wallet rather than a person.

And yet, y'all are still letting them treat you like that, and will continue to do so after the "purge". Not my business, though.

But my questions are:

#1-Because of this "purge", how long will it be until Restart and Thor get merged with Chaos, and when will Classic be shut down? Classic is already all but dead. It's a wonder it's lasted this long since Restart opened.

#2-Are there any real plans for any real advertising? After losing the European players and even more disgruntled players, RO's days are numbered. In order to keep the remaining player base and get new players, WP will certainly have to advertise, and I'm not talking about posting videos on Youtube for the 35 views, or on the WP or RO Facebook pages. And getting us to try and recruit our friends and get new players through word of mouth won't help. I tried. Everyone I talked to either didn't join, or created an account and logged in once and were done. If WP can't even be bothered to comply with these new laws, there's almost no hope in this happening, but I figured I'd ask.

#3-Are there any plans to reevaluate your business model? I would love to come back, but especially with the European players getting cut off, there's no reason I should. I don't want to play a pay2win game where I have to pay money to compete (not a big deal on a dead server, I guess) nor do I want to be treated like crap through the ticket system, especially after paying money for something just to be told "lol you out of luck. tanks for you moniez."

And one last thing: B>God items 50-100k, MVP cards 20-40k and min-boss cards 1-50k. PM me offers. (all servers except Thor. Cross server trades possible. All items MUST be GM verified.)

#61 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Just came here to check on WP dumbest decision even.

Literally, WP is currently being made fun in many game circles due to the dumb way of handling stuff... As someone who left 3 years ago, look for a new game or server, I took some people with me to GW2 and if before I was tempted to come to remember my first mmo since I always talk about how RO with his old system made me learn what is real grind (alpha tester here).

I defended so many times the official server, now it breaks what was left of my heart to see WP actually getting worse (was bad i discovered that someone sold my first mvp card and the GMs refused to retrieve it because i left the game for a year already at the time)

Warpportal get your -_- together and better resolve this... oh but is true you guys actually have gone the mobile way right? so of course you make more money from those than your loyal customers, FFS Anet has been running for free their gw1 server cuz it cost nothing to keep, you guys failed with RO2 and in place of focusing on RO1 to keep it alive cuz at the end is one of the classics mmos there.

For what the -_- you ask us to when Valk was announced to understand was for the survival of RO if you are just going to trash those promises the one who we used to be p2p believed.

FFS, get your -_- together and save your damn community, if FRO/Euro is back, at least offer transfers.

At the end, you guys trashed on those promises, pretty sure you guys run all the games on the same server at this point... as sad as it is, at least half of the people of my first guild lives in Europe while not being European due to work, guess we will never have that 20 year anniversary reunion anymore like we planned.

Also, thank you warpportal for my first mmo and had pride on it until a week ago, make me feel now kind of embarrassed to say I even played here, like the Idiot ex no one can explain how they end dating.

For all the fellow players of EU, wish you the best and hope whoever you go, your guild will follow.

#62 iROWorld

iROWorld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

Comply with the laws and MAYBE the half of the server who left would consider returning. Until then we will be elsewhere.

Edited by iROWorld, 29 April 2018 - 10:29 PM.

#63 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

nope, LOL

#64 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

I was wondering, isn't all that blocking access to their services for europeans actually Racism? I know it sounds stupid but they allow anyone on their servers except europeans !?  At least it's discrimination !

Edited by Shenzu1337, 29 April 2018 - 11:41 PM.

#65 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

I was wondering, isn't all that blocking access to their services for europeans actually Racism? I know it sounds stupid but they allow anyone on their servers except europeans !?  At least it's discrimination !

Europeans are free to join the server... From outside of European countries. 

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

POPULAR

I didn't think there was much point in making any kind of heartfelt or emotional post over this matter, but since the discussion is being forwarded to management I want them to hear this. It's very personal and probably sounds really entitled, but it's how I feel.

15 years I have supported your company even despite there being "better" options (pservers), I even kept a subscription the whole time without a break. I always believed that with the right support things would get better. I loved playing RO and committed all of my gaming time to it, not only for myself but for the community.

I can kind of understand why this decision was made, after all those EU fines are pretty scary. But are they really worth the loss of players who have spent thousands over the years and possibly the years to come? Is it worth breaking and destroying guilds and communities? Regardless of all the options laid out to us, my guild can't continue as they lose access to the shared accounts we have worked on for years. Everything they invested into the game as part of the team also goes to waste, no matter where they are from. 

I always wanted to believe that RO had a future that wasn't just private servers. I've always put in not only the cash that you as a company benefited from but also my heart and soul into the community and keeping players playing. It doesn't matter if they were friend or foe, it made the game. 

Now I'm seeing that the community has been ripped apart by this decision. One player is not "one player" they never are. For every player that quits, is banned or expelled, other players will follow them. Especially community leaders. In this case a whole server is pretty much killed off because of all the major guilds quitting/being banned.

I've had players reaching out to me asking if I'll be ok. Well I'm taking a huge portion of the community with me, so I'll probably survive personally....

But I worry for those players who have contacted me talking about the utter despair they have felt over this. It's honestly heartbreaking to listen to. 

A lot of people are hurting over this decision, RO hasn't been just a game for many, but a part of their lifestyle. I wouldn't be surprised if someone does do something stupid because they're unable to come to terms with the loss that has been inflicted upon them. (and honestly if I wasn't on medication and this had happened a couple of years ago, I'd be among those players)

It's not just about the loss of all our stuff, or being expelled from participating the in community, it's also the betrayal. Two years have passed since that law was first announced. Two years WP have had to prepare. Two years they lied to everyone to just take the money. The very reason I played officials and laughed at private servers was because of the permanence that iRO had to offer. We don't even get a transfer, which unpalatable at best would be easier to swallow than losing everything. 

Personally, I'm heartbroken. It's a lot to lose and it hurts like nothing I felt before. I'm aware of how stupid that sounds, but that's the reality of things at ground level. RO isn't just a job or means to make money for many players, as I mentioned before it's part of their lives.

Nothing can fix this. Even a shift in policy now won't heal the broken trust with the players. WP had so many options and they picked the one that hurt their players the most. Even the intermediate type options such as a transfer didn't even come into consideration.

I want to say I wish WP all the best for the future, but frankly the feelings are too raw to do so. I see they've damaged their entire playerbase, not just the EU players, but everyone who played with, against, was friends with, interacted with, took part in events by European players. Almost literally everyone and if they're not part of my list there, then they are affected by the server losing so many players. It's an MMO but without the "mass multi" it's too small for that anymore.

I loved playing, running a guild and doing events. I enjoyed helping out where I could. Being a volunteer to help out with the game was rewarding, I doubt any other game will ever come close, provided of course, I could open my heart to another game after such a betrayal.

Thanks for everything, I wish things had worked out differently.

- Nicola. 

Edited by Xellie, 30 April 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#67 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

@Xellie

I am answering here as a private person.

The RO1 community and me never were friends but I need to agree to all of what you said. It's not only a heartbreaking situation for the RO players but for all games of WarpPortal no matter if you like it or not. The decisions which have been made are just awful and being myself from a european country my mates and friends with which I privately play are affected as well as I am myself. This is a situation I never saw coming and it's hard for me to stay supporting a game my mates from europe can't play anymore - if there is a chance for the future - I don't know - maybe others know, but I don't.

With this said I say goodbye also to the european RO community - at least for now.

#68 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

+1 to everything Xellie said.

#69 SethKim

SethKim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Summary of Xellie's writing = very disappointed.

I'm too, as much as everyone. 

Well... and I hate this Warpportal unlike Xellie.

Not wishing any good for this worst company I've ever seen.

#70 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

My major problem as an ex-player if that there is not even a clear answers... is because of those surveys(no idea if they still exist) remove them!!!

personal info on accounts, that should be crypted for you guys only...

ingame trading? shouldn't that been covered already by you guys only having access to who buys from "X player"

Heck, even if it was the merchant system, you should have pushed for the auction system and modify it to allow seller and buyer to not be identified and take ragial down.

I just don't get it... My current MMO has already been ready for this system (Making sure no seller or buyer info can be displayed) and that we can control how much info we can give using the API system.

I feel WP is just being lazy.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lazy or understaffed? Could be both.

#72 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

+1 to Xellie's comment.

#73 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

Your patience is greatly appreciated, and I apologize for not having any answers sooner. As of right now, we are still waiting on response from management with regards to the questions you've all asked since last week. We're hoping to have some answers by Wednesday. 

#74 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Love her or hate her, Xellie is a major part of this community and has been here through ups and downs. Even when the game was at its lowest point, Xellie fought to make iRO better for everyone. It didn't matter what server she was on - Chaos, Ymir, back to Chaos, Classic, Re:Start. It didn't matter, she always spoke up for what she believed in and gave a voice to a lot of the people that didn't have one. She is the embodiment of this game we all love. She tried endlessly to keep the dream alive so that everyone could experience the love and passion that most of us have for this outdated game. Whether some will admit it or not, Xellie is iRO. Even now as the curtains are forcefully being drawn closed, Xellie is stalwart as other European players confide in her their experiences and heartbreaking stories of a chapter of their lives being ripped from the pages. There will never be an ending, it is being stolen by greed. I sincerely hope and want to believe that the iRO management fought for the players that have kept them afloat for years. Anyone that still likes this game should care and understand this doesn't just affect EU, it affects us all. 

#75 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

Xellie. You are by far one of the most loyal and passionate player to iRO I have ever seen. I may never have been in your guild, and we have had many past disagreement and minor crossing path, but I do feel really bad for you. I am honestly not as patient nor tolerating as many other players around here. We all love this game together, but I also know there is more to it than it just being a game.

Warpportal/ Gravity may see it as "It's just Business" when they made the announcement, a dying old game where they see opportunities to prey upon passionate players for as much $$$ as they can before folding.

To many players however, it's more than that. And like Xellie said, this is an MMO. The Massive Multiplayer Online part is what made it successful and appealing. While they see it as business and money, the rest of us see it as friends and a life style, and to tear away a giant portion of playerbase is like tearing away a huge part of the soul of this community and the game.

I don't know if there is a point to asking questions or voicing our concern anymore, but I know at least I tried to fight for the European players regardless the outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users