Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Update 5/23/2018:

Beginning Thursday May 24th at 11:00 AM PDT access to WarpPortal and all WarpPortal services will be suspended for the European Regions. For information regarding the new Terms of Service please visit our forums located here:

https://forums.warpp...-region-access/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the European Region Access Announcement.

Unfortunately as noted here all of Warpportal will be closing access to EU countries starting May 25th.

The RO1/RESTART Team is aware that with our game there are unique situations where the guild leader was responsible for the storing of God Items and Guild Leadership. To any of our EU based guild leaders we want to extend the chance to transfer God Items and Guild Leadership to any member of your guild which you trust. 

In order to to submit this request please submit a ticket to the GM Team and PM Xealot on forums. Xealot will be on hand to expedite any of these requests that are made so they are handled before the window of contact closes.

FAQ

When will this refund thing start?

• Refunds will start on May 1st. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. 

Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?

• Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.

Do we have to write tickets?

• [5/4/2018 Revision] Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.
    Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?

• All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.

What is the list of all affected countries?

• All of Geographical Europe except for countries located in the Commonwealth of Independent States

Is Turkey affected?

• Yes

Why is this block happening?

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

Q&A - Updated 5/18/2018

We've received answers to some of your questions from our management team! Thank you very much for your patience.

Spoiler

Please direct all conversation and inquiries on the topic here.
We will relay your questions to our management and do our best to post responses as soon as we can.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

#2 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?

• All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.

Here goes the hopes and dreams of european ppls even using VPN to play their beloved games. Nicely done Gravity and WP, seems that they cant wait to get rid of a portion of their dedicated customers, or I should say these are no longer deemed 'customers' anymore. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 April 2018 - 10:21 AM.

#3 clusteregg

clusteregg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGMT
  • Server:Classico

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Can European accounts be transferred to users in North America? What about people that moved there since account creation?

#4 mscocca

mscocca

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 353 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

What does "[...] accounts [...] will be disabled" mean? They will be just kept aside for the future or they will be deleted?

Edited by mscocca, 26 April 2018 - 10:30 AM.

#5 Carinus

Carinus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Why are you blocking countries that are not a part of European Union? EU laws do not apply to non member countries so I don't understand why they are getting blocked too. 

Edited by Carinus, 26 April 2018 - 10:29 AM.

#6 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

It doesn't make sense to ban the whole continent while the laws effect EU members only.

My friend will have a trouble definitely when he move to Switzerland for education on next month.

#7 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Will the accounts be deleted? Or perhaps possibility in the future be released?

Can EU players give their accounts to users that are not affected by these changes?

I think you should keep your word on the money part this time; or you’ll be facing some lawsuits.

#8 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

Can European accounts be transferred to users in North America? What about people that moved there since account creation?

I think they should definitely consider this option. I have a friend who received an abandoned account from her friend who quit iRO a few weeks ago, I'd hate it if WP will disable that account. Would be nicer if this account can be transferred to her instead.

#9 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Here goes the hopes and dreams of european ppls even using VPN to play their beloved games. Nicely done Gravity and WP, seems that they cant wait to get rid of a portion of their dedicated customers, or I should say these are no longer deemed 'customers' anymore. 

:rolleyes:

This is not Gravity fault, its partial, there are some services wich made changes to their terms and see the way to make it work through new regulations. It has been announced two years ago, and within a month, they decided to disable all acounts and block european access. Seems like they just let it happen and didnt put the bare hands to make it work.

I feel sad for all my friends and all the people who invest many hours in iRO to end like this. I won't call for a compensation, or anything event ingame. This is a very sad new for our friends and deserve the proper respect for they departure. 

I feel deep in my mind so angry, sadness and many emotions mixed.

So long! we have a full month to dedicate to our friends, wich we shared very good memories, many adventures, quest and many of em was a perfect team and company.

This is not the end for them, just a new start and we, who stay in the server, will try to keep in touch.

So far, good luck my friends.!

Edited by S207, 26 April 2018 - 10:41 AM.

#10 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Please note that if you registered the account from a region not affected by the block you may still receive a refund but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled on May 25th when all other european accounts are suspended.

What exactly does this mean?

#11 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

I think they should definitely consider this option. I have a friend who received an abandoned account from her friend who quit iRO a few weeks ago, I'd hate it if WP will disable that account. Would be nicer if this account can be transferred to her instead.

It is against the terms, where an account must not be shared. 

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

I know of people who made accounts in europe, but are not from there. Can a service be arranged to make a clone account with the same characters and then have their items transferred?

#13 Guitarlum

Guitarlum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

Pathetic.

#14 Diograo

Diograo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

I have no words to express my sentiment about this announcement.

I'm not affected by this block myself, neither do I have any friends from Europe, but I do think that WP should had taken another route to solve this issue.

Can you imagine yourself playing a game for years, making progressions, making friends, and suddenly someone tells you "hey, we are blocking your country so you cant play anymore, sorry for that and thanks for your understanding."? I cant.

Its just a game, I know, but for some ppl its more than that, and for these ppl no money or refund justify what is happening, justify what they are feeling right now.

I have spent some money on this game for the last months, getting VIP, some OCP box, etc., but after this announcement, I'll not spend a penny anymore. Because my country could be the next to be blocked. Who knows?

I'll still play this game ocasionally, trying to get some fun from it. But seriously, what happened today was a cold water bucket to me, it took all my motivationt to play away.

Well, I'm really sorry for you guys in Europe, and I hope you all find good places/games to spend your time from now on.

Regards.

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Diograo, 26 April 2018 - 10:46 AM.

#15 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

Really sad news :( I'm gonna miss playing iRO with my EU guildmates :( :(

Edited by KunKnee, 26 April 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#16 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

Please note that if you registered the account from a region not affected by the block you may still receive a refund but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled on May 25th when all other european accounts are suspended.

1. How do we prevent this from happening to us?

2. What should we do if our accounts are incorrectly flagged as from Europe?

#17 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

So it actually blocks the account from logging in based on where it was registered? And not form where the login attempt is originating? If so that would prevent anyone who made an account in Europe and moved form playing too?

#18 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

Do you get a refund if you buy WPE then gift the code to other user?  I bought and sold some WPE code earlier this week.... 

​Also can I transfer my KVM + MVP cards + Gods to my friends account? And not specifically just god items. I spent a fortune upgrading those, especially my RWC pendants... My guild members could really use them. 

​Also does this apply to Switzerland? I am from America but living in Switzerland at the moment. 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 26 April 2018 - 10:52 AM.

#19 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

This is not Gravity fault, its partial, there are some services wich made changes to their terms and see the way to make it work through new regulations. It has been announced two years ago, and within a month, they decided to disable all acounts and block european access. Seems like they just let it happen and didnt put the bare hands to make it work.

I feel sad for all my friends and all the people who invest many hours in iRO to end like this. I won't call for a compensation, or anything event ingame. This is a very sad new for our friends and deserve the proper respect for they departure. 

I feel deep in my mind so angry, sadness and many emotions mixed.

So long! we have a full month to dedicate to our friends, wich we shared very good memories, many adventures, quest and many of em was a perfect team and company.

This is not the end for them, just a new start and we, who stay in the server, will try to keep in touch.

So far, good luck my friends.!

I am not european myself, I dont have european friends and guildies either, but I still feel for them. I really think that regional IP bans should be sufficient enough for this issue, but clearly Gravity/WP want more than that. Its their choice, though I would recommend them think twice before they act, the way they handle EU players will inevitably affect ppls from other regions as well.

Now for a famous quote:

When they came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 April 2018 - 10:54 AM.

#20 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Would you guys disclose the % of sever population affected by this ?

#21 mscocca

mscocca

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 353 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

POPULAR

Is refund mandatory or can we refuse it? If we refuse it is it possible to keep our accounts? We've spent so much time, money and effort to get where we are now... A two month refund is nothing compared to all that we are going to loose! This is totally unfair! Please do not terminate our accounts! You can't turn such a blind eye on us, we have devoted ourselves to the game and I devoted myself to the community as well as a VCR for Ragnarok Online II. I've been working hard testing all that needed to be tested, helping anybody on forum and in game for so long, you can't simply cut us off!! 

Edited by mscocca, 26 April 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Think they should refund all the way back to the time when the account was registered, just recent 2-3 months will hardly satisfy the raging european peeps. But oh well, its their decision and I am sure Gravity/WP are fully aware of the consequences of their actions so there aint much to be said. 

#23 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

<snip>

So glad I never got to get started on that Re:Start Fansite I wanted to make.

When even coloured names plead for their acc not to be terminated, topkek, rip iRO.

Edited by CMAstra, 26 April 2018 - 02:06 PM.
No need to be rude.

#24 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Be careful Australia! They might think you are in the EU as well since you do along with the EuroVision ;)  maybe they got their country list from the list for current Eurovision ;)

#25 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Be careful Australia! They might think you are in the EU as well since you do along with the EuroVision ;)  maybe they got their country list from the list for current Eurovision ;)

my sides xd :heh: :heh: :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users