Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#26 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hmm can you explain why you locked my thread? It is about a different topic, the concern of hyperinflation caused by Euro-Exit. Please kindly reopen it for discussion, thank you:

https://forums.warpp...-due-to-eu-ban/

#27 pippi

pippi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:classic and renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

I can replace this game by another game but I cannot replace the community I built up here in 14 years. and  thats what I will miss most of all!!  but today I found out that I have lots of loyal friends.  they will all leave and we  will find a new spot where we can play together. so this will be the end of many restart players. players are more loyal than the ragnarok company. thanks my dear friends

#28 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

Think of it this way, guys. The SS iRO just hit an iceberg and we're just loading the EU players into the lifeboats first.

#29 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

Think of it this way, guys. The SS iRO just hit an iceberg and we're just loading the EU players into the lifeboats first.

hahahahaaha oh god, now im dying  ;)   

Seriously though, its a shame, i loved having made friends here on this server and those that played with me and mean something to me know how to contact me.. so no big loss there... and i will go on the Euro server, meet more friends, and hopefully have a better company behind us then.  Just remember people, this is how they treated us, you will be next 

Happy huntings people, it was a pleasure.

#30 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

Will we get notified in advanced of May 24th if our account is affected by the purge? 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 26 April 2018 - 11:29 AM.

#31 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

I can replace this game by another game but I cannot replace the community I built up here in 14 years. and thats what I will miss most of all!! but today I found out that I have lots of loyal friends. they will all leave and we will find a new spot where we can play together. so this will be the end of many restart players. players are more loyal than the ragnarok company. thanks my dear friends

Love you pippi! Can't believe this is happening. Please add me on discord so we could stay in touch (Stewy#2017)

#32 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

Is Warpportal doing something to prevent RMT?

#33 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

The day iRO shuts down is the day........

#34 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Another important question:

Will we Europeans be able to contact warpportal and its forums and their affected accounts in the case of you not refunding properly / can you give us contact info on how to contact you?

And 
What information do you have on us that is so valuable compaired to the cost/income your EU player base gave?

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 26 April 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#35 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

What happens if I created my account while I was attending university in Europe but I'm not from there?

Do we have to ticket in and prove our nationality in order to retain our account?

There's a lot of people who move around due to study, work, retire reasons. And simply because the account was created while they were in Europe is gonna get it deleted.

There aren't the majority but I'm sure there isn't a small amount either.

Please clarify how do we protect our account?

#36 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

peepoChopin.png

#37 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

How do I know where my account created from?

#38 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Will we get notified in advanced of May 24th if our account is affected by the purge? 

This. I would like to know if my accounts will be affected

#39 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

Though i'm not from the EU , but i'm sure many are curious as well ...

I'm glad there a refund for the EU players but ... how does it actually works ? 

What about those who have mvp/godly item ? does this also can be refund ? 

If they dont have someone in mind to pass to (who knows this might happen)

All those friends/grinding/farming/camping@mvp become useless ... even refund wont be enough ><!

I wont be expecting much from the refund (they might only track back a month or two) WP or not ? back to IRL lel

It would be crazy if they refund the total the amount you spent in game (we talking about years in service)

Still its better then nothing , and i still feel bad for those EU veterans ...  Its been fun hanging with you all 

Gonna miss you lots .... LOL

#40 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

1) Are accounts actually DELETED, regardless of language like "terminated, disabled, closed" everyone wants to know if that account info remains or is outright deleted and so can never be reclaimed in the off-chance Gravity or EU changes its/their mind. 

2) How will people know they for sure are affected?

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 April 2018 - 12:31 PM.

#41 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Though i'm not from the EU , but i'm sure many are curious as well ...

I'm glad there a refund for the EU players but ... how does it actually works ? 

What about those who have mvp/godly item ? does this also can be refund ? 

If they dont have someone in mind to pass to (who knows this might happen)

All those friends/grinding/farming/camping@mvp become useless ... even refund wont be enough ><!

I wont be expecting much from the refund (they might only track back a month or two) WP or not ? back to IRL lel

It would be crazy if they refund the total the amount you spent in game (we talking about years in service)

Still its better then nothing , and i still feel bad for those EU veterans ...  Its been fun hanging with you all 

Gonna miss you lots .... LOL

You can transfer god items to other guild members / leaders via ticket and sending a PM to GM Xealot (I think too lazy to look for the OP for this). 

They will probably just refund any transaction on record for the last two months to the payment method used. There is definitely no reason to refund lifetime. That would be silly. 

Nothing lasts forever. iRO will close for good one day and we will all be in the same situation. Just being realistic. That's why I take a lot of screenshots and videos. Its the only way to preserve the memories forever.

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

You can transfer god items to other guild members / leaders via ticket and sending a PM to GM Xealot (I think too lazy to look for the OP for this).

They will probably just refund any transaction on record for the last two months to the payment method used. There is definitely no reason to refund lifetime. That would be silly.

Nothing lasts forever. iRO will close for good one day and we will all be in the same situation. Just being realistic. That's why I take a lot of screenshots and videos. Its the only way to preserve the memories forever.

I have lots of quality arts and videos ... see ~

#43 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

It was a pleasure and an honor playing alongside you crazy bunch.
Stay strong, the end of iRO (for us EU players) is not the end of the world.
The feeling in your gut hurts, the feeling of a shattered heart, lost friends, ... Not even being able to follow where the games goes as we will be banned from the website and forum.
The feeling of a knife in our back, after years of being supportive and loyal.
This pill is hard to swallow, and our hand was forced.

#44 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

I dont want to lead to misinformation, I stay wich what the Staff says about this. But in some news sites wich handle tech info, are saying literally:

WarpPortal apparently decided that it wasn’t worth the cost to upgrade storage security to meet the new regulations and chose to shut down the game instead.

so, be careful with what you read outside WP forums, some news agency just do not get it right and assuming wrong info. Like this news site, there are more saying basically the same

src: http://massivelyop.c...ew-regulations/

#45 toasterer

toasterer

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

euRO is not affected:

https://prnt.sc/jakhfv

#46 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

So, if account disabling starts in may why am I unable to login now? Can't even give away my stuff to players that might use it? GJ

#47 CrowSix

CrowSix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

So, goodbye for some bots?

#48 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

So, if account disabling starts in may why am I unable to login now? Can't even give away my stuff to players that might use it? GJ

Maintenance

#49 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Its just a game, I know, but for some ppl its more than that.

This is the most important part here. I agree that the way WP is shutting down EU players is rude and ruthless. For some, this game might even be a lifestyle or a hobby that couldn't be replaced like waking up in the morning and logging into the game while drinking coffee is part of their routine.

My condolences to all EU players.

To all remaining players:

Think twice or a million times before buying that OCP cuz sooner or later we might get shut down too.

<boop>

Edited by VModMango, 26 April 2018 - 01:54 PM.
nope!

#50 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

euRO is not affected:

https://prnt.sc/jakhfv

I would just like to let anyone who has thought about moving to EuRO know: Don't. Literally find any other server to play.

If you think WarpPortal manages their game poorly, or think that kRO doesn't care about iRO, EuRO is literally the worst, and least updated official server. Still existing on Ep14.2 with the most recent content patches being Hero Trials P2 and 3.

Also this is the most recent drama on their server and nobody (aside from the ones doing it) over there has a single clue as to what exactly is going on:

Yeah have fun with that.

Edited by Toxn, 26 April 2018 - 12:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users