Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 21 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#501 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

What was your payment method? And have you send in a ticket?

Paypal and no.

#502 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Paypal and no.

The `no` is probably why you havent received anything yet.

#503 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

The `no` is probably why you havent received anything yet.

But didn't they say that they were going to automatically refund them? Filing a ticket wasn't supposed to be needed :u

#504 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

But didn't they say that they were going to automatically refund them? Filing a ticket wasn't supposed to be needed :u

>implying

I mean, people that don't check forums have yet to even been told they're getting banned in 10 days.

#505 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

>implying

I mean, people that don't check forums have yet to even been told they're getting banned in 10 days.

This. They couldn't even be bothered to send out an email to everyone, do you REALLY think they'll refund people who don't speak up?

Edited by Stephcake, 15 May 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#506 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

It's been over a week since I last came here, and we still haven't gotten replies about the status of our accounts? Will it be banned or will we just be IP blocked? 

#507 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

So I had that chat up all day notifying people about the upcoming block and a player PMed me to ask what thread they should be looking at, they were offline when I saw their PM so I wasn't able to inform them sadly, but it goes to show that there are folks who aren't active on the forum who need to be made aware of this via regular in-game announcements, and of course emails.

Edited by soudou, 15 May 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#508 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

So I had that chat up all day notifying people about the upcoming block and a player PMed me to ask what thread they should be looking at, they were offline when I saw their PM so I wasn't able to inform them sadly, but it goes to show that there are folks who aren't active on the forum who need to be made aware of this via regular in-game announcements, and of course emails.

Some days ago I posted something about this in Fungineering section, since I was worried that several users didn't know about GDPR and could be kind alert them in game.

Sadly I didn't have answer, but I assume cos our section is pretty dead.

I talked also about the missing of FB and Twitter announcement regarding the issue, such as the still available option to create new accounts from EU.

But as said my post didn't have an official answer.

I'm pretty sure that soon we'll have the answers that we search, but I admit that wait in silence is pretty difficult in particular for users active 100% in game.

Anyway I'm glad that you put a chat in game, this will be really useful for all players that aren't aware.

#509 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

The Announcements tab in RODEX would be rather useful for this, but I guess that makes too much sense.

#510 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Boys and girls, just forget this, they're not going to give any answers at all, or ingame announcements, or emails, or whatever, can't you see it already, the treatment that were getting since the bomb was released on us???

2 months refund IF you ticket in, or else, nothing, that the rest of us get IF we spent earlier than the 2 month refund that generous they give us back...

We ALL should think carefully about this and try to learn from this situation to the future, to not make the same mistakes again (I've thought about this long enough now and I'm not going to spend Money on any online/mobile game from now on).

#511 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

FAQ

When will this refund thing start?

• Refunds will start on May 1st. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. 

Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?

• Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.

Do we have to write tickets?

• [5/4/2018 Revision] Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.
    Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

Well today is May 15th, and ticketing in only speeds up the process but they didn't say it's a must... Which means anyone who didn't ticket in should STILL get their refunds automatically. I am quite sure a lot of people aren't going to receive their refund by 25th though. :v

At this point anyone who still spends money on this game is just asking for trouble lol. Have fun!

#512 Shurie

Shurie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

European player here.

I started iRo in 2011 to try out the renewal system with my friends, EuRo/fRo has always been late on updates and did not have the 3rd classes implemented back then.

We chose to play on an official server because we were tired of starting over again and again with private servers. I thought it would last forever on iRo =(

Ragnarok is important to me. I met a lot of friends through all those years, and I still hang out with some of them IRL, even if they don't play anymore.

Most of all, I met my current boyfriend during an irl guild meeting and we've been on a relationship for 8 years now. We decided to start iRo together and are still playing today, having a lot of fun just the 2 of us (our starting friends stopped playing). 

On iRo we enjoyed meeting people from everywhere, being able to play with strangers at any time of the day or night (thanks to the different timezones). We made new friends and tried another game with them, but after a while we came back altogether to Ragnarok.

One thing I appreciated about this official server is that you could make a break and then come back later to discover a whole new content(not anymore for us european players...sadly)

(Yes, I am aware that people are always crying about not being up to date compared to kRo, but being a medium player - and broke irl - struggling to get good stuff, I was always enjoying every update we we're given)

I had fun doing some business : tried a monopolistic position with the Mora craps when the quests first came out and then a cartel agreement with my oldest competitor (this one did not last for long because we could not compete to the amount of goods the new sellers brought to the market).

I don't want to stop playing iRo. I like the server itself.

My questions are :

- What will really happen to our accounts ? Because I don't want to give away my stuff, nor my char names. 

- Do you think we will be able to come back in a year or so with all our belongings (characters included) ? In case Gravity's policies changed.

- Is there any chance that Gravity would update EuRo to iRo's level and transfer those sad european players there with everything we fought for ? (even if it's at when WP first announced that european were doomed, so the ones who gave away their stuff don't lose everything nor the others won't buy/transfer extra stuff looking forward to this)

#513 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

With 9 days to go til the block of an entire continent, i've found another person who did now know about the ban, and is affected by the ban.

Surely you guys should make an ingame announcement And send at least a newsletter to all saying about the ban...

#514 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:36 AM

Surely you guys should make an ingame announcement And send at least a newsletter to all saying about the ban...

V7QxGQq.jpg

Edited by soudou, 16 May 2018 - 05:37 AM.

#515 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

9-day countdown for eu?

im smelling 3-4 events at once for their anniversary

#516 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

RIP CUSTOMER SERVICEEEEE BAD BAD BAD SERVICEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

#517 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

customer service was fine until the EU got milked for the last 2 years. ><

#518 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

Seriously 9 days left and no answers for the EU players? They really like to put things to the wire and piss people off don't they?

Edited by ShoLin, 16 May 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#519 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

HQ are as slow as they are at giving bug fixes. However it would be good if WarpPortal added a notice to the recurring in-game announcements and sent out an email. I believe they do have control over that aspect at least.

#520 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

HQ are as slow as they are at giving bug fixes. However it would be good if WarpPortal added a notice to the recurring in-game announcements and sent out an email. I believe they do have control over that aspect at least.

To be honest, I'm not sure about this. This is a really delicate matter, and without a HQ approval, maybe they can't do it. At least this is the idea that I had, after that FB and Twitter messages were removed.

Another thing that I noticed, but maybe is just a my speculation, is that the GDPR seems to be just an excuse(not from WP that wasn't aware about this matter, but from HQ side), I explain better my idea.

Why fRO has to close the access to non European countries?

The answer could be, cos Gravity Korea wants to make the game licenses more valuable, and with regional restriction they can sell the games with higher price.

So GDPR was just a pretest to close iRO to other countries, and in the meanwhile make the same on fRO that wouldn't need to make regional restriction.

This would fit with a "good"(depend from the sides) market strategy.

Anyway this is only a my personal opinion.

#521 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

just make the game pay2play again so it doesnt depend on these ocp boxes for a living

#522 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

That boat sailed in 2005. They have no means of doing that.

Say if every last person was real. Chaos 2000, RE 500, Classic 150, Thor (not sure on peek times, so lets say) 1300.

Say they charge $15 US That's about 22,000USD revenue and I'm pretty sure I'm over shooting the number.

#523 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure about this. This is a really delicate matter, and without a HQ approval, maybe they can't do it. At least this is the idea that I had, after that FB and Twitter messages were removed.

Hm, you could be right. Not sure how they think they can just brush it back under the carpet though, since every new announcement they make on their Facebook has comments related to the EU block now. But I don't have trouble believing if an out of touch higher up decided it.

As much as I think there has been some mis-management, I do respect those lower down the chain of command who at least gave you some kind of answer to the best of their current knowledge. I'd like to think if they could do in-game announcements they would. Just another sign I guess that those out of touch with the community are the ones holding the game back. Like I say, I feel HQ has distanced themselves too far from iRO over the years.

On the topic of GDPR, just got an email from a global service I use today stating that the new regulations have prompted them to make some changes:

pvumzjF.jpg

#524 KodeX

KodeX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEU Ban
  • Server:Ex iRO Chaos

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Wow!

I am playing iRO since Beta 2003.

In the last 14-15 years I spent 2-3 thousand dollar for this game and many thousand hours of my lifetime.

During all those years I enjoyed the game a lot! It helped me to relax and I got in touch with wonderful people all over the world, which I even met in real life.

In the last ~5 years I had one question in mind: How will it end?

I expected that, one day, they will shut down the servers and offer an offline version with your gamedata for some extra money. That would be fine for me.

I did not expect, that it will end by getting banned from server, because of my location in europe.

I am not mad about it, I am deeply disappointed by Gravity.

After the game has been part of half of my life, Gravity doesn't even answer my/our very basic questions about what's happening, although they promised to answer.

I really did not see and end like this coming. Ripping apart friendships and banning loyal and paying customers. Looks like that's how I will remember iRO/Gravity after beeing customer for 15 years.

#525 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Wow!

I am playing iRO since Beta 2003.

In the last 14-15 years I spent 2-3 thousand dollar for this game and many thousand hours of my lifetime.

During all those years I enjoyed the game a lot! It helped me to relax and I got in touch with wonderful people all over the world, which I even met in real life.

In the last ~5 years I had one question in mind: How will it end?

I expected that, one day, they will shut down the servers and offer an offline version with your gamedata for some extra money. That would be fine for me.

I did not expect, that it will end by getting banned from server, because of my location in europe.

I am not mad about it, I am deeply disappointed by Gravity.

After the game has been part of half of my life, Gravity doesn't even answer my/our very basic questions about what's happening, although they promised to answer.

I really did not see and end like this coming. Ripping apart friendships and banning loyal and paying customers. Looks like that's how I will remember iRO/Gravity after beeing customer for 15 years.

Beautifuly spoken.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users