Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 22 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#526 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

I am playing iRO since Beta 2003.

Hello fellow dinosaur, welcome to extinction.

tumblr_o7dvbppwLV1qhdyz4o5_500.gif

Played since beta 2002.

bTmgses.jpg

Edited by soudou, 16 May 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#527 rdv1

rdv1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

Anyone here who bought WPE with Paysafecards and managed to get a refund?

The Warpportal staff seems to direct you to Xsolla and ask them for refund instead. But they also refuse to refund and are redirecting you back -_-

Oh well guess it is a loss I have to deal with.

What is annoying me most is I had like 5k WPE points left I would like to give to my friends, yet they blocked me from accessing that site where you can change it to vouchers/kafra points etc. Ticketing about it does not seem to help too...it is like talking to a damn wall.

Warpportal staff at its finest ^__^

#528 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Anyone here who bought WPE with Paysafecards and managed to get a refund?

The Warpportal staff seems to direct you to Xsolla and ask them for refund instead. But they also refuse to refund and are redirecting you back -_-

Oh well guess it is a loss I have to deal with.

What is annoying me most is I had like 5k WPE points left I would like to give to my friends, yet they blocked me from accessing that site where you can change it to vouchers/kafra points etc. Ticketing about it does not seem to help too...it is like talking to a damn wall.

Warpportal staff at its finest ^__^

Please PM me your ticket number. Users should be getting refund for Xsolla.

#529 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

IMO This is like scam.
If WP don't want to comply with GDPR. They should tell European players since 2 years ago.
So it would give them a chance to quit in the first place, not spending their money unnecessary for 2 years to face this doom. :(

#530 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

IMO This is like scam.
If WP don't want to comply with GDPR. They should tell European players since 2 years ago.
So it would give them a chance to quit in the first place, not spending their money unnecessary for 2 years to face this doom. :(

Coming from sigma.

#531 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:30 AM

Some argue maybe they didn't even know about the law until it was about to knock on their door. To me that just says Gravity have little interest in this server nowadays. Most game publishers that were caught unaware by this law had games that were running on a very low population / profit anyway so they had already set their sights elsewhere. I'm sure the Korean and Japanese markets for RO holds their attention more right now. :ani_money: Maybe twRO if it holds the same population as when it first launched, I remember we were all surprised here when Twitch streams of that server was getting thousands of viewers. Whenever iRO needs a bug fix it takes HQ a long long time to do the back and forth needed to resolve it, because they have distanced themselves so much from here.

Though having said the above, Gravity will probably need to folow the new regulations for the jRO server since Japan has been eager to adopt GDPR. :ok:

Edited by soudou, 17 May 2018 - 03:33 AM.

#532 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:58 AM

Quite disappointed on WP handling this issue. What is it.. 3 weeks since announcement and still no feedback? ouch

I'm not a big spender at all but i'm keeping my wallet closed tight now, wonder where this server is going..

#533 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

what sigma said is why i don't really spend on this game or intend to from now on ><

upcoming high imbalanced OCPs for sure

#534 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

How are we supposed to know which accounts are affected and what not? 

#535 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

How are we supposed to know which accounts are affected and what not? 

That's the beauty of it, 

you don't.

#536 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

just make the game pay2play again so it doesnt depend on these ocp boxes for a living

Not possible. That abandoned that P2P and adopted P2W because people didn’t want to P2P. They also don’t want P2W either. They want everything free.

-_- I would even pay $30/m which is literally just $1/d but it’s too late now. More OP items will be in Cash shop.

#537 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

I recently came back to the game, and was blown away by the news on the EU GDPR situation. Even more blown away on how the situation is being handled.

So many questions, with none answered in the last weeks.

# Are these account permanently being banned? Say you decide to visit family in the US, will you have access to your account from the states? Usually how IP-Bans work. ( hopefully it's just IP's being banned, and not the physical account )

# Is anything being done to be GDPR complaint in the near future? - Being the sys admin/IT for my company that recently had to abide by to this requirement, I can say this is no easy task. However, it is also not impossible either.

# If GDPR compliance is met, will all these EU effected accounts be allowed back on to the server?

Just seems like a shame that this whole scenario is being brushed under the rug. You'd think iRO would want to expand their customer base, which would = more players which = more revenue.

I understand that there may be info that only HQ can answer. But it would make others feel much more at ease to give some sort of updates/responses that information is currently still unavailable from management // awaiting to hear from them. Keeping completely silent doesn't do any good.

Ultimately, I would love to see the EU players come back to iRO.

#538 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

# Are these account permanently being banned? Say you decide to visit family in the US, will you have access to your account from the states? Usually how IP-Bans work. ( hopefully it's just IP's being banned, and not the physical account )

Most like not because they're blocking all accounts originally registered from the EU.

#539 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

Most like not because they're blocking all accounts originally registered from the EU.

And any account accessed from the EU afterward. Hope you never played RO on vacation, or lived in the EU for awhile.

Also hope you didn't live in the EU then migrate elsewhere... or you're still banned.

#540 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

IMO This is like scam.

First of all, a lot of people and myself had no idea about this law until this year. So for the people who say this thing has been in talks since 2016, why didn't you and others in the know bring it up on the forums back then? iRO never knew we were falling behind in updates until 3 years after it started. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now.

Secondly, there's been more and more publishers and websites telling their customers about Terms of Service changes because of the GDPR, so who's to say they had any idea about it prior to the deadline either. If anything, iRO is guilty of telling people a month in advance. Other companies only started making announcements just in the last 2 weeks.

I find it amusing how do many people supposedly "quit" RO, yet now it's a big deal they can't play anymore even though they claimed to have no intention of coming back to the game. This is why the developers are able to treat the game like they do now, because they know people will keep crawling back to it no matter how bad the quality of the game has suffered.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 17 May 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#541 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

And any account accessed from the EU afterward. Hope you never played RO on vacation, or lived in the EU for awhile.

Also hope you didn't live in the EU then migrate elsewhere... or you're still banned.

If that's true they have to ban hundreds of accounts that I've accessed hahahaha

#542 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

I recently came back to the game, and was blown away by the news on the EU GDPR situation. Even more blown away on how the situation is being handled.

So many questions, with none answered in the last weeks.

# Is anything being done to be GDPR complaint in the near future? - Being the sys admin/IT for my company that recently had to abide by to this requirement, I can say this is no easy task. However, it is also not impossible either.

# If GDPR compliance is met, will all these EU effected accounts be allowed back on to the server?

Just seems like a shame that this whole scenario is being brushed under the rug. You'd think iRO would want to expand their customer base, which would = more players which = more revenue.

I understand that there may be info that only HQ can answer. But it would make others feel much more at ease to give some sort of updates/responses that information is currently still unavailable from management // awaiting to hear from them. Keeping completely silent doesn't do any good.

Ultimately, I would love to see the EU players come back to iRO.

all i can say is . from all the year's you were gone. you came back still being chrispy

#543 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

First of all, a lot of people and myself head no idea about this law until this year. So for the people who say this thing has been in talks since 2016, why didn't you and others in the know bring it up on the forums back then? iRO never knew we were falling behind in updates until 3 years after it started. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now.

Secondly, there's been more and more publishers and websites telling their customers about Terms of Service changes because of the GDPR, so who's to say they had any idea about it prior to the deadline either. If anything, iRO is guilty of telling people a month in advance. Other companies only started making announcements just in the last 2 weeks.

I find it amusing how do many people supposedly "quit" RO, yet now it's a big deal they can't play anymore even though they claimed to have no intention of coming back to the game. This is why the developers are able to treat the game like they do now, because they know people will keep crawling back to it no matter how bad the quality of the game has suffered.

- I knew about it on a surface level, but I didn't think it'd be that huge of a deal. Many companies are complying... We are now receiving emails left and right telling us about it, isn't it? Except Gravity/ WP. I started diving into it more after seeing WP overreacting about it to try and understand if it's that problematic, It's really not. It's just Gravity/ WP refusing to invest into the future of their European players.

- Most companies have been taking years, if not months to work on complying, and finalizing their app/ internal softwares/ game clients/ etc. If anything, as I said in one of my earlier posts... GDPR was designed to target bigger corporations like FB and G, they are more at stake with this law than a measly company like WP/ Gravity.

- Many people who 'quit' don't spend money on the game anymore though even if they are still around for social aspect.

#544 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

That's the beauty of it, 

you don't.

you know it, when you try to power UP on warpportal.

For me as EU Account it says "You are not in an allowed territory to view this content."

#545 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

If you're going to delete a bunch of posts which are users trying to help others figure out if they are going to be impacted by this, could you give the community a notion of why they are being removed?
Is that what was being discussed (e.g. banned or not) a "no no" topic?

#546 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

Only severe rule violations are even being touched by the moderators, the subject at hand is not. Trust me when I say that the deleted posts had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

That said, PM a vmod or staff member if you have questions, this is not the place for it.

Edited by VModSoup, 17 May 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#547 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Only severe rule violations are even being touched by the moderators, the subject at hand is not. Trust me when I say that the deleted posts had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

That said, PM a vmod or staff member if you have questions, this is not the place for it.

Without going into the politics of policing a forum, and simply to be transparent:
Are screenshots with the new payment blocked messages considered a severe rule violation?
How about a copy paste of the text people could expect to see?
Those both seem like cases very relevant to the topic at hand.

On the topic at hand:
Any estimate on when we can expect those FAQ updates?
Will they contain actual answers or just a re-hash of "Thank you for understanding"?

#548 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Without going into the politics of policing a forum, and simply to be transparent:
Are screenshots with the new payment blocked messages considered a severe rule violation?
How about a copy paste of the text people could expect to see?
Those both seem like cases very relevant to the topic at hand.

On the topic at hand:
Any estimate on when we can expect those FAQ updates?
Will they contain actual answers or just a re-hash of "Thank you for understanding"?

Upon review the original payment block message was removed because it was displaying the wrong message.
Many other posts (which is what the mods removed) afterwards were removed due to messages such as "Get Fornicated", or "Censorship"
The payment block message issue has been resolved so its now displaying the right message when users reach it.

#549 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

I have the same issue. My friend (who isnt affected by the upcoming ban) can access my WPE but for some reason cannot generate a gift card even though I have enough to cover it

Spoiler

Since there's still a week before the ban, I would assume its okay to advise OP to try accessing his account via a VPN

#550 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

- I knew about it on a surface level, but I didn't think it'd be that huge of a deal. Many companies are complying... We are now receiving emails left and right telling us about it, isn't it? Except Gravity/ WP. I started diving into it more after seeing WP overreacting about it to try and understand if it's that problematic, It's really not. It's just Gravity/ WP refusing to invest into the future of their European players.

- Most companies have been taking years, if not months to work on complying, and finalizing their app/ internal softwares/ game clients/ etc. If anything, as I said in one of my earlier posts... GDPR was designed to target bigger corporations like FB and G, they are more at stake with this law than a measly company like WP/ Gravity.

- Many people who 'quit' don't spend money on the game anymore though even if they are still around for social aspect.

iRO can't handle even the smallest things like translating skill names. The GDPR is the right amount of small that they can't handle.

It's rather obvious by now that kRO has no interest in any region outside of Asia. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up shuttering all non-Asia servers to make it official, which is a damn shame. The GDPR just seems like the perfect opportunity to expedite that.

Just seems at this point that no matter how much griping we throw at them, things are only going to get worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users