Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#76 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

Since RO2 Thread on FAQ is locked (well done), I am asking it here: why RO1 players are granted to give their God Items to another player? What about RO2 players? Will be able to give our +10 Epic Cards to our friends? Do you realize how much Cardfinium costs and how hard it is to get high level cards? Please unbind our rare items in order to give them to those we trust!

probably because God item isn't  exactly personal belonging even though some today whale have personal right on it, creating God item Used to be a bloody battle and drama between guild, some of them even take really long time. it's required guild member participation, well since u can't win WoE alone

#77 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

probably because God item isn't  exactly personal belonging even though some today whale have personal right on it, creating God item Used to be a bloody battle and drama between guild, some of them even take really long time. it's required guild member participation, well since u can't win WoE alone

These days you could, no one participates.

#78 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

These days you could, no one participates.

But these days you would need to do it for 5 years on end til you finally got enough pieces for 1 god, then you'd need to roll the seals by yourself cause noone does them anymore, lel.

#79 shrikarash

shrikarash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Since RO2 Thread on FAQ is locked (well done), I am asking it here: why RO1 players are granted to give their God Items to another player? What about RO2 players? Will be able to give our +10 Epic Cards to our friends? Do you realize how much Cardfinium costs and how hard it is to get high level cards? Please unbind our rare items in order to give them to those we trust!

Aren't the CMs and producers incharge of RO2 different people? I think you need to get them to request the management to allow it for RO2 like the ones incharge of RO1 have done it.maybe try contacting them personally or via a ticket. If they're the same people who handle both then ignore this.

Edited by shrikarash, 26 April 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#80 nightglidecx

nightglidecx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Is UK affected? technically, we are no longer a part of EU after brexit, but geography wise, it is still in europe.

#81 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Is UK affected? technically, we are no longer a part of EU after brexit, but geography wise, it is still in europe.

the whole region is blocked, even those not in the EU

#82 shrikarash

shrikarash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

Pretty sure it is, as per original post. And also UK actually seems to be strongly in favour of GDPR.

#83 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Unfortunately I don't think RO1's team will be able to respond about RO2 issues. Does your community have vMods assigned to them? They may be able to help guide you to where questions are being accepted.

#84 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

Please PM Idun in regards to RO2. Unfortunately, we won't be able to answer question in regards to that game.  :p_swt:

#85 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

I’m quoting along with my EU friends. I’m not a guild leader but can I also request a god transfer to another friend who I trust?

#86 mscocca

mscocca

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 353 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

I am a VCR so I could contact Idun in Slack but I want to use the same tools other players have. I am well aware that RO2 CMs ain't the same as RO1 but RO2 thread on FAQ is locked! There's no way for us to ask questions publicly and I don't want to ask anything in private so all can read. 

Edit: The post is now unlocked. I'm asking there, thank you! 

Edited by mscocca, 26 April 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#87 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

How do I know where my account created from?

omg don't tell us you don't know!! D: D: D:

#88 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

I’m quoting along with my EU friends. I’m not a guild leader but can I also request a god transfer to another friend who I trust?

The owner of the god item can request the transfer. 

#89 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

What if the owner has long since stopped playing? Can it be a future request? Are there work-arounds?

#90 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Very gutted for the situation with the EU players... I really hope this could be addressed in the future and they can return...but for this purpose I think that is very relevant to answer the question that many have asked already... Are their accounts been disabled (so there is a slightly chance that the could keep their things) or are the account plainly deleted and wiped out?

Very sad to see what is happening and I also agree that this might be the last of many bad decisions of Warpportal to take iRO to the graveyard (I really hope this doesn't happen tho)

#91 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

<3

#92 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

What if the owner has long since stopped playing? Can it be a future request? Are there work-arounds?

We won't be able to transfer the god item in this case. 

#93 KidlatFiel

KidlatFiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Why not offer an account migration to euRO?

#94 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

omg don't tell us you don't know!! D: D: D:

People could have registered the account t while they had VPN on. Who knows what server were they being rerouted at that point.

#95 Jamesgabriel

Jamesgabriel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Is it a financial loss in part of WarpPortal to reach a compromise or an agreement in regards to GDPR compliance, as compared to losing the whole customer-base of Europe?

#96 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

People could have registered the account t while they had VPN on. Who knows what server were they being rerouted at that point.

That’s not WP’s responsibility though lol

#97 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

If they in anyway -_- something up, it's a 10,000,000 euro fine. It would bankrupt them.

#98 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Only want to know if account access will be banned via IP, or if the account itself is banned. I'd like to pass on my characters to friends if they'd like to use.

#99 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Only want to know if account access will be banned via IP, or if the account itself is banned. I'd like to pass on my characters to friends if they'd like to use.

Sorry to hear Sagi :(

#100 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

If they in anyway -_- something up, it's a 10,000,000 euro fine. It would bankrupt them.

This may be, but I feel like this is one of those things where if they were trying to follow the law and something was noticed and legal action was taken, they would be given an opportunity to comply with whatever they were missing.

It seems like compliance for EU would effectively mean that they would be implementing EU-level compliance to all regions, even though it is not legally required. I think most people who have actually looked into player counts would recognize that China, Korea, and Japan are the bulk. So unless similar rules are enforced in those regions its probably easier to drop a low-yield minority (sorry for cold hard business speak).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users