Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#126 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

you say that like gravity interactive is not doing shady business lol, omit the fact that they're going to block a whole continet for 2 years (gdpr was announced 04/27/2016) is pretty shady to me, but i hope someday we will have some good official servers too, unfortunately the only good one is in japan, and i can't speak japanese lol

Maybe they were trying so hard for almost two years and they gave up!

See this. They rushed open Re:start before 25th May to milk as many players as possible from Re:start. What a tragedy :(

#127 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

God that really sucks if someone went on a vacation to Germany, made an account there and gets banned because the account was made there. 

#128 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Leaving my F to pay respects for this dead server.

F

#129 AJICO

AJICO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUmbala Village
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Can you ask GungHo for assistance in this case? Gravity is a group company of GungHo. They have been operating RO for the last 16 years. Maybe they may understand the confusion and loss of players. Is there any way to solve it?

#130 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

Goodluck selling those OCP's warpportal

Put tank in a mall

My trauma with pRO closure is coming back to me

#131 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

I do wish gravity handle this issues especially on population issues seriously, 

iRO is a linchpin to all official server, despite with all of it's problem iRO existence is vital as example to all official other than jRO and kRO

if iRO screw out, so do Ragnarok Online 

#132 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Till the buffs come off, till the lights go out, till my strength is gone, can't shut my mouth. Till the drama clears up - am I crazy? Perhaps... I'm a wreck these threads, till my bones collapse. :p_ang:

After all these years, to have RO1 end like this for me as an EU player is really anti-climactic and sad.

When I'm gone, don't ever forget that Hoders gonna Hode... whatever you might do.
Enjoy life, it was great meeting you, fighting MvPs with (or against) you, fighting WoE with (or against) you.

@GM/CM
Will there be a final "goodbye" even for the EU players the last week?
Or last day?
Please don't just do a dry "tomorrow you can't play".

#133 Chrominho

Chrominho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

Seems like its not safe to play officials anymore.

Time to move on guys... What about a ROBLOX Ragnarok server?

:ic:  :ic:  :ic:  :ic:  :ic:  :ic:  :ic:

#134 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:57 PM

#RIP Eu-iRO

Wow, this must be be a tough decision for WP. Losing out on a whole continent of users / potential (euro) users / pissed users who are friends with euro users is massive, more so the ban applies to all WP titles. Surely they considered this heavily.

I played a mobile app that recently announced it's 'End of service' too. Similar to here 1 month prior notice, but no refunds for recent transactions, not even a disclosure of why but probably because they were focusing on their other games. Makes me realize we're paying for a service and we're not really entitled to anything we payed and used for.

It begs the question though..

If the decision is because GDPR non compliant, do they rely that much on our data they're not willing to adjust to the new euro rules? Should we start worrying about how they're using our data?  :questionmark:

#135 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

If the decision is because GDPR non compliant, do they rely that much on our data they're not willing to adjust to the new euro rules? Should we start worrying about how they're using our data?  :questionmark:

The problem is the GDPR requiring companies to micromanage EU player data (which could be anything from payment information to game packets). Since iRO can't even micromanage themselves, it's a rather tall order to expect them to do just that for each individual EU player, especially given their lack of manpower to make that happen.

#136 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Maybe we will have a statue in the middle of Prontera or any other towns in the game in memory of EU Players? Listing all the IGNs too?

#137 HyunSooK02

HyunSooK02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

*Cough* *Cough* If in the worst case if the accounts and information have to be eliminated, is there some possibility for a person (*mysterious and unrelated to the company*) to keep a backup of the accounts in an USB? of course nobody have to know about is existence until... I do not know, the accounts can be reincorporated to the server in a way legal*Cough* *Cough*

#138 RaijinMaster

RaijinMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Chaos/EXE

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

I used to study in the UK but I couldnt remember where my accounts were actually registered from (I live in Asia). Is there a way to check/fix this?

Edited by RaijinMaster, 26 April 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#139 Reime

Reime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

https://medium.com/@...nt-7f775231c497

All those people saying other websites want to bother with GDPR.

#140 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us
Another start
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive
Where are you now
Where are you now
Where are you now
Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now
Were you only imaginary

#141 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

:thumb2:  :thumb2:  :thumb2:  :thumb2:  Amazing Job Warportoru!!!

#142 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

Just a question, what about the account created by WP during the Merge between Iris/Loki/Chaos?

Another question, if you go on WP account manager, you can change your nationality, is it affecting the account status?

#143 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us
Another start
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive
Where are you now
Where are you now
Where are you now
Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now
Were you only imaginary

https://www.youtube....h?v=6RLLOEzdxsM

u think u can just take it back, when -_- just dont work like that

#144 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

https://medium.com/@...nt-7f775231c497

All those people saying other websites want to bother with GDPR.

lmao Facebook as example haha the biggest data hog that even had that court meeting with their lizard owner

reime stop being so ignorant and stew pie'd ;P

Edited by Morlord, 27 April 2018 - 12:36 AM.

#145 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

All WarpPortal game access and account access will be blocked by regional IP.  Refunds will be gradually sent for purchases made from February 1st 2018 to April 30th 2018 to those affected by this service termination.

So technically a eu player can flood the market with $ shop items now and have it all refunded since it's not april 30th yet?

But then again I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just not refund anything as a final spit in the face to the players.

#146 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:55 AM

So technically a eu player can flood the market with $ shop items now and have it all refunded since it's not april 30th yet?

But then again I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just not refund anything as a final spit in the face to the players.

Refunds will happen just as well as that 24/7 bot hunting team, aka not at all.

#147 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

#RIP Eu-iRO

Wow, this must be be a tough decision for WP. Losing out on a whole continent of users / potential (euro) users / pissed users who are friends with euro users is massive, more so the ban applies to all WP titles. Surely they considered this heavily.

I played a mobile app that recently announced it's 'End of service' too. Similar to here 1 month prior notice, but no refunds for recent transactions, not even a disclosure of why but probably because they were focusing on their other games. Makes me realize we're paying for a service and we're not really entitled to anything we payed and used for.

12. PRIVACY
The personal information you provide us during registration and hardware data that is collected upon use of the service, are used for our internal purposes only. We use the information we collect to learn what you like and to improve the Service. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement or as otherwise authorized by you, we will not give any of your personal information to any third party without your express approval. We do not guarantee the security of any of your private transmissions against unauthorized or unlawful interception or access by third parties. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement agencies or government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, or as otherwise required by law. If you request any technical support, you consent to our remote accessing and review of the computer you load the Software onto for purposes of support and debugging. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Service, the Software and any services or software which may in the future be provided by us or on our behalf.

#148 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

We are the dinosaurs, F if you cry every time :p_cry:

#149 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:11 AM

Will  Warpportal delete all my data at the moment?

Is It  permanent?

Do you recommend that I give my gear to a friend?

#150 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

im not sure about delete our data, but our accounts will get banned. :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users