Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#151 kokola95

kokola95

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:32 AM

hii,

I have 2 RO Accounts under my WP Account. Below are the details of where did I make the accounts at

WP Account: Europe

RO 1st Account: Europe

RO 2nd Account: US (I had sort of internship for months and made new RO account)

Both RO accounts are under the same WP Account.

So.. does my 2nd RO Account would be disabled too or it's gonna be fine? Because from what you have written they all keep saying Ragnarok Account instead of WP Account which got me wondering about this.

Please help XD

#152 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

hii,

I have 2 RO Accounts under my WP Account. Below are the details of where did I make the accounts at

WP Account: Europe

RO 1st Account: Europe

RO 2nd Account: US (I had sort of internship for months and made new RO account)

Both RO accounts are under the same WP Account.

So.. does my 2nd RO Account would be disabled too or it's gonna be fine? Because from what you have written they all keep saying Ragnarok Account instead of WP Account which got me wondering about this.

Please help XD

That's already answered, since u're european, everything's gone

#153 kokola95

kokola95

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:03 AM

That's already answered, since u're european, everything's gone

Im not european XD just happened to made my WP account in EU. and i sent a ticket with question above, they say please have it posted here so that officials may answer

Just confused whether theyre banning the game account or simply the WP account

#154 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

The biggest irony here is the meaning of Ragnarök, which is a series of future events which leads to the destruction and death of Asgard and its Gods.

Edited by Mithrandir, 27 April 2018 - 03:28 AM.

#155 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:10 AM

What is the real problem? To get the consent of all the EU players? To store that consent?

Get an landing page with questions like:
- The data you colect from us (name, address, and so on) -> If we agree that you colect it (Yes and No circles to choose)
- The purpose for that colection (marketing, player database, etc) -> If we agree (Yes and No circles to choose)
- The means you will use to colect and/or contact us(email, newsletter, forums, etc...) -> If we agree (Yes and No circles to choose on all the means used)

Get this link thru our emails ASAP, get this link in this FORUM, ingame, on games websites, so it is well published and everyone's have access to it and once we all respond to it, save that landing with our answers in your servers and you will have all our consents given.

No need to DISABLE us EU players!!!

#156 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:16 AM

We're building it up, to break it back down.
We're building it up, to burn it down.
We can't wait, to burn it to the ground.

24th of May big player event South Prontera?

#157 Xbobit

Xbobit

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:25 AM

I don't even know what to say... at first i thought my friends are trolling then i went to forums and read it myself.

Good job, there's little to no chances of getting my money back, not even sure if i should be mad or not. So keep it, you'll need it.. if you keep up with the great work you're doing, i'm sure company will completely close in next few years to come.

Thanks for the services and good luck in your journey.

For everyone who i ever played with thank you a lot and i hope we stay in touch. :)

#158 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:31 AM

Laws are supposed to work for the people

Arent online waivers good enough? Like.. if I die playing this game dont blame WP?

#159 Hajinnie

Hajinnie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Locationlol?

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

While I may not speak for everyone, as a guild leader, I am deeply saddened to see my guild members from the affected region leaving the game because of something out of their control. RO may be virtual and "just a game" but we formed bonds and spend time with each other over the years that was priceless. 
At this point when you've played for years and have a busy real life, you don't keep logging in for the game. You do it for the people.

Hey, if North and South Korea can end their war, maybe by miracle this too can have a good ending? I want to be hopeful still and this is just going to kill an already dying server. Oh well.

#160 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:51 AM

Still waiting to hear IF they plan to fix this and lift the EU ban eventually?

Regards

#161 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

#RIP Eu-iRO

Wow, this must be be a tough decision for WP. Losing out on a whole continent of users / potential (euro) users / pissed users who are friends with euro users is massive, more so the ban applies to all WP titles. Surely they considered this heavily.

I played a mobile app that recently announced it's 'End of service' too. Similar to here 1 month prior notice, but no refunds for recent transactions, not even a disclosure of why but probably because they were focusing on their other games. Makes me realize we're paying for a service and we're not really entitled to anything we payed and used for.

It begs the question though..

If the decision is because GDPR non compliant, do they rely that much on our data they're not willing to adjust to the new euro rules? Should we start worrying about how they're using our data?  :questionmark:

If by any chance you're talking about Tales of Link. They DID offer refunds, you just had to contact them, they even issued refunds for Purchases made through means that can't be normally refunded, also they closed off all Purchase Methods the moment they heard about the closure.

Oh and they closed it because Bamco ended the contract with Akatsuki so they had no rights to the game system anymore, just the characters and name and decided they incorporate all of Link's Assets to Rays...
Then decided to shut down Rays-Global because it didn't cash in enough.

https://medium.com/@...nt-7f775231c497

All those people saying other websites want to bother with GDPR.

Funny enough Facebook has recently asked me for consent on collecting certain data, the very thing they need to do to be GDPR-proof.

Also WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook recently changed their Terms of Service to include a verification that users are 16 or above ONLY for European users.
And guess what: Just a simple "Are you 16?" pop up with 2 buttons "Yes" and "No" are enough to be GDPR-proof. They literally don't require WhatsApp to do anything more than that. Because at this point, it's up to the parents to enforce THEIR responsibility to know what their kids are doing.

#162 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

What about their high-refined KVM weapons, their high-refined and good enchanted Bio5 hat costed billions of billions of zeny? just gonna got suspended with their accounts and rot there forever? can't transfer to friends or to their other accounts made in other regions? people who created their accounts in EU can live anywhere else where they can still play

#163 TrevMUN

TrevMUN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:RagnarokWisdom
  • Server:Chaos, Loki

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

The biggest irony here is the meaning of Ragnarök, which is a series of future events which leads to the destruction and death of Asgard and its Gods.

And God of War 2018 came out recently.

I'm blaming all of this on Kratos, the jerk.

I would just like to let anyone who has thought about moving to EuRO know: Don't. Literally find any other server to play.

If you think WarpPortal manages their game poorly, or think that kRO doesn't care about iRO, EuRO is literally the worst, and least updated official server. Still existing on Ep14.2 with the most recent content patches being Hero Trials P2 and 3.

Also this is the most recent drama on their server and nobody (aside from the ones doing it) over there has a single clue as to what exactly is going on:

Yeah have fun with that.

I wonder what's going to happen to Ragnarok Europe come May 25 ...

If hernanidude's suggestion could make Warp Portal's games compliant with the new laws, I think that would be a vastly, vastly better solution. It's been gut wrenching watching this unfold.

#164 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

And God of War 2018 came out recently.

I'm blaming all of this on Kratos, the jerk.

I wonder what's going to happen to Ragnarok Europe come May 25 ...

If hernanidude's suggestion could make Warp Portal's games compliant with the new laws, I think that would be a vastly, vastly better solution. It's been gut wrenching watching this unfold.

fRO (euRO) is not affected by this, even though they are a tiny company with an even tinier player base and money pool, they easily abide to the new law and continue to offer their services without any restriction:

https://forum.ragnar...t-server-close/

This is just WarpPortal being greedy f's and probably regulary selling all our data to chinese sites that pollute our email inboxes with their spam or sth like that on top of being too lazy to put in 3 minutes of work to abide the new regulations so EU players don't have to be banned.

#165 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

its funny how you thank us for our understanding every 3rd sentence, are you drunk? You think we have understanding for terminating accounts we have invested hundreds to thousands of hours + hundreds to thousands of dollars? Do tell what you need to smoke to assume we got understanding for that. Even more after leeching our purses dry for the past 2 years where you were fully aware this would happen with OCP spam, fire sales and upgrade events every 3 month. Its disappointing and sad.

#166 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Even more after leeching our purses dry for the past 2 years where you were fully aware this would happen with OCP spam, fire sales and upgrade events every 3 month.

Well, at least now we know that they do know how to plan long-term :gg:

Why were they unable to come up with a solution on how to comply with the new law during these 2 years remains unknown tho :hmm:

#167 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Can we please get some answers already? You can't just announce something like that and leave the players without any information.

#168 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

What I suggested is just one of the things that they need to do (and it will mostly cover ... let's just say... 70 to 80% of the "problem" itself).

They need to get our data secured/protected/encrypted (and when I mean "our" I mean all of us, european and non european countries), because if they don't secure the data, the "problem" is not the europeans, it's all our data in their hands.

But not all of this data NEED the CONSENT of us europeans because they are running a business that needs some of our personal information to be able to operate (this is called the legal base for your operations, if we don't agree to it, you don't provide the service, simple as that).

And just think of this... you don't need ALL of EU consents, only the Active EU players consents... and that will make the numbers shift for sure and the others non active, you put the account in suspension/banned flag

#169 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

What about their high-refined KVM weapons, their high-refined and good enchanted Bio5 hat costed billions of billions of zeny? just gonna got suspended with their accounts and rot there forever? can't transfer to friends or to their other accounts made in other regions? people who created their accounts in EU can live anywhere else where they can still play

Really worrisome. I do hope for an honest answer on WPs side about this.

#170 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

GM's throw the grenade in and run basically how it feels when they drop in news like this, lol.

giphy.gif

Cause they know it'd blow up on them most likely.

#171 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

My suggestion for you guys is to have a friend not from EU create another account for you where you can transfer all your items.

That way you still have all your hard earned items or zenny then in the future if VPN can be uses to bypass the block, you can still play your characters with all your items.

I mean it is better than having all your hard work thrown into oblivion.

Edited by Usurper, 27 April 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#172 ellol

ellol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

fRO (euRO) is not affected by this, even though they are a tiny company with an even tinier player base and money pool, they easily abide to the new law and continue to offer their services without any restriction:

https://forum.ragnar...t-server-close/

This is just WarpPortal being greedy f's and probably regulary selling all our data to chinese sites that pollute our email inboxes with their spam or sth like that on top of being too lazy to put in 3 minutes of work to abide the new regulations so EU players don't have to be banned.

#173 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

Can you ask GungHo for assistance in this case? Gravity is a group company of GungHo. They have been operating RO for the last 16 years. Maybe they may understand the confusion and loss of players. Is there any way to solve it?

spiderman-boss-laughing.jpg

Now is management going to do something now a % of the population is gone? I doubt it.

Edited by ShoLin, 27 April 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#174 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Just ban them already if you are going to do it.

Too many speculations on what may or may not happen.

#175 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Easiest way is to IP block. If the users proxy to bypass it, then it's on them. If something changes lift the IP block.

To block/ban where the account was created will stop people that moved out of the EU. Moreover, create more strain on warpportal's already stretched team. As they need to go through ID's proving they don't live in the EU.

Edited by ShoLin, 27 April 2018 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users