Terms of Use Update FAQ - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Terms of Use Update FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

With regards to the European Region Access Announcement

We understand that many players have additional questions regarding this matter, and we are forwarding on all questions to our management team to get answers to you as soon as possible. We have some answers already, listed below, and we will add to this thread as we receive more.

Please post your questions regarding this matter below, we will be removing duplicate posts and threads on this matter at this time. Please know if your thread is removed, all of the questions and concerns you have posted have been added to our documents to send to our team already, we just want to make it as easy as possible for those who want to ask questions and find answers to locate the correct topic. 

FAQ

When will this refund thing start?

• Refunds will start on May 15th. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. [5/4/2018 Revision]

Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?

• Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.

Do we have to write tickets?

• Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.

Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

[5/4/2018 Revision]
Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?
  • All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.
What is the list of all affected countries?
  • All of Geographical Europe except for countries located in the Commonwealth of Independent States

Is Turkey Affected?

• Yes
Why is this block happening?
  • “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

Will Arcadia Episode III still come out?

• Yes, the Dragon Saga team is still continuing their development of Dragon Saga, Arcadia Episode III is still scheduled to be released in June 2018.

[5/18/2018 Update]

Does “disabled” mean the account is banned, deleted altogether, or just IP blocked?

•     Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region,as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States

So if you're in a non-restricted area you can't access accounts that were originally made/registered in Europe? 
  •       All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.

If an EU player logs on to an account will that flag it?
  •  All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be marked with a flag and will be inaccessible.

I paid for a friend's account from Europe so she could be VIP, she is located in Mexico. Will she be suspended?
  •   If her account was made and accessed within Mexico, it will remain accessible.

Can European accounts be transferred to users in North America? What about people that moved there since account creation?
  •    There will be no account transfer being made. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible 

How are you going to determine who lives in the EU and who doesn't? Would it be by last login or by place of account creation?
  •    It will be flagged on the date of creation.

Why are you blocking countries that are not a part of European Union? EU laws do not apply to non-member countries so I don't understand why they are getting blocked too. 
  •     We are blocking all European countries except for Russia and CIS due to the change of service policy not for European Union but for all the European area. 

What should we do if our accounts are incorrectly flagged as from Europe?
  • All European accounts will be inaccessible. If your account is not European account, please let us know via e-mail.

Is refund mandatory or can we refuse it? If we refuse it is it possible to keep our accounts?
  • Regardless, All European accounts will be inaccessible.

What if, in order to play again, someone eventually moves out of EU? All their hard work just disappears and they have to start over?
  •  If the player’s new place of residence is in the region that Warpportal services, then they can play with new account created within such region. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will not be accessible.

If this ban is lifted someday, somehow, how are we (European players) gonna know about it, if we don't have forum access etc?  Will the current data for EU accounts be saved or backed up?
  •  If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels. Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region, as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States

Anyone might be a dual citizen and choose to renounce their citizenship in EU to move to their non-EU country before May 25th -- what will you do then? 
  •  Regardless of your nationality or citizenship, All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.

If a player wants to leave because all their EU friends are gone, will they qualify for refunds as well
  •  Only players affected by the new terms and policy changes will receive refunds.

Will players in the UK be able to rejoin after next month when they are not part of the EU anymore?
  •   If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels.

Will all EU character be auto removed from guild and friends list 
  •   All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible. This will not affect your lists.

What will happen if a guild is totally EU based, will it be disbanned?
  •   There are no plans to remove guilds

Will players be auto kicked if they are in a Guild if they are from EU, will guild leadership automatically transfer from those who are from the EU? 

•    If your leadership will be affected, please transfer leadership. All European Accounts will be inaccessible.

*If you have any questions regarding specific items, please send a ticket to our GM Team 

#2 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

One of my question i have to this is what will really happen to the EU character. Will they be ban temporarily until the policy change or will they be deleted completely.

2nd question. Will all EU character will be auto removed from guild and friends list?

3th if a GM is a EU player and do not give the GM lead to a other none EU character, will the lead is auto send to a none Vice or guild members if none of the vice is a EU character

4th what will happen if a guild is totally EU base player will it be auto disband?

#3 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

One of my question i have to this is what will really happen to the EU character. Will they be ban temporarily until the policy change or will they be deleted completely.

2nd question. Will all EU character will be auto removed from guild and friends list?

3th if a GM is a EU player and do not give the GM lead to a other none EU character, will the lead is auto send to a none Vice or guild members if none of the vice is a EU character

4th what will happen if a guild is totally EU base player will it be auto disband?

from what she sayed to me seems like the account is not deleted is just blocked like if you where banned

#4 Timymi

Timymi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Parallel World
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hello. So how can I know where my account are register from? From profile? :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm: 

#5 8989180209222838993

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

So what if I created my account somewhere in EU 2 years ago, but I have lived in Asia since last September, Singapore for example. Is my account also banned ?  

#6 NadiaB

NadiaB

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

what if my account created from UK 3Yrs ago, but I moved to usa last year? am I able to use my account or bcos it's created from UK, so no matter where I am now, I will still ban from game?

please answer straight, thank you!

#7 Carinus

Carinus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Why are non-EU member countries getting blocked too? EU laws do not apply to non-member countries so I don't understand why they are getting blocked.

#8 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

Hello. So how can I know where my account are register from? From profile? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

They're registered from where you were when you created the account.

#9 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

What is the future of the dragon saga? :questionmark:
Will they continue with the game and Arcadia 3? :questionmark:
Will they look for ways to adapt to this new law or will they just go with their tails between their legs? :questionmark:
will they look for more players in other places so that the game does not die? :questionmark:
please be frank and sincere that there is a likelihood that the game will not die
as every player I hope that the game does not die because it will be the end of the only official game. will be the extinction of the only official game   :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  

#10 Fregil

Fregil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGermany, Ports of the Winds, Black Claw Nest
  • Server:The only one

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

They are wasting their time still trying to develop the game lol. What's the use of Arcadia 3 when from 5000 People 600? can actually play when it releases

#11 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Out of curiosity Brexit happened and it's still going to affect UK?

#12 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

Out of curiosity Brexit happened and it's still going to affect UK?

As far as I know (although I'm not from UK), UK will still implement GDPR despite of brexit. Dont take my word as a fact, but be prepared for it so it wont come as a surprise.

#13 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:27 AM

It doesn't matter whether UK is in the EU or not. They don't care about the union. Even Turkey is in the list.They look at it geographically. So, it will affect UK, I suppose.

When are you going to answer our questions? After you block us?

#14 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

I had a question about Arcadia 3 development, and whether it will continue. Further, acknowledging so many EU players played this, almost as much as NA, how will you keep the game alive? 

Next, how will you target the real world trading that may occur. A lot of EU characters will be blocked, what's stopping them from selling their items to players staying? They won't care if they got banned considering their account is already being blocked...

From my understanding, you're only refunding purchases from February of this year... How does this make sense? Many EU players been playing this game for years and continuing funding themselves through cashshop, Considering you're blocking them from ever entering, and they have NO control over this, wouldn't it be logical to refund all transactions? 

On my last point, it seems you guys are avoiding terminating EU accounts because then you would be forced to refund all purchases the accounts made. Instead, you keep them active but blocked? Kind of a scam it seems.

#15 Kalipu

Kalipu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

Will there be any official Dragonica / Dragon Saga server where Europeans can play in the future? Or do we have to use VPN or play on private servers?

#16 Deregtor

Deregtor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBaden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. Somewhere on earth.

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:47 AM

I had a question about Arcadia 3 development, and whether it will continue. Further, acknowledging so many EU players played this, almost as much as NA, how will you keep the game alive? 

Next, how will you target the real world trading that may occur. A lot of EU characters will be blocked, what's stopping them from selling their items to players staying? They won't care if they got banned considering their account is already being blocked...

From my understanding, you're only refunding purchases from February of this year... How does this make sense? Many EU players been playing this game for years and continuing funding themselves through cashshop, Considering you're blocking them from ever entering, and they have NO control over this, wouldn't it be logical to refund all transactions? 

On my last point, it seems you guys are avoiding terminating EU accounts because then you would be forced to refund all purchases the accounts made. Instead, you keep them active but blocked? Kind of a scam it seems.

Let me quickly tell you that the Arcadia Part 3 development will continue. The game will be kept alive. I can't tell for how long but they're trying their best they can do. I don't know what you do mean by stopping them from selling their items but I guess you are trying to say that why they are restricting this function? Simply because it could destroy the current economy of the server further.

They are blocking the accounts, yes and rather trying not to delete them.

#17 NadiaB

NadiaB

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

re-color old set outlook, give new set some little more stat set effects , that's ep3.

Population keeps game alive, once europewn players can't get online after may 25, and VPN is way too lag or even block by game, how many players still alive? (non pow farmers I mean) 500? 300 or 200?

#18 NadiaB

NadiaB

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

They are wasting their time still trying to develop the game lol. What's the use of Arcadia 3 when from 5000 People 600? can actually play when it releases

btw, when did you see there's 5k players ?

I doubt there's about one thousand active players base.

#19 Deregtor

Deregtor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

btw, when did you see there's 5k players ?
I doubt there's about one thousand active players base.

These are vague numbers and probably not correct at all. 30% will vanish for sure.

#20 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

Let me quickly tell you that the Arcadia Part 3 development will continue. The game will be kept alive. I can't tell for how long but they're trying their best they can do. I don't know what you do mean by stopping them from selling their items but I guess you are trying to say that why they are restricting this function? Simply because it could destroy the current economy of the server further.

They are blocking the accounts, yes and rather trying not to delete them.

Yeah... that's not what I meant...

"they're trying their best they can do" 

Oh I totally agree considering how they managed to answer all the questions and provide 0 transparency

sarcasm btw

I personally didn't post my questions for someone random to answer... I'd like some official answers instead of all the ifs and maybes

#21 Deregtor

Deregtor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

Yeah... that's not what I meant...

"they're trying their best they can do"

Oh I totally agree considering how they managed to answer all the questions and provide 0 transparency

sarcasm btw

I personally didn't post my questions for someone random to answer... I'd like some official answers instead of all the ifs and maybes

Please keep in mind that Gravity Interactive/WarpPortal cannot answer them directly yet for what reason ever. Even they have to be careful what they are answering to. I doubt there is only the new set, some adjustments for stats for pets and what so ever. If this is the case the update clearly has taken too long for the content shown but we have yet to see what comes next. They won't show everything at once they have planned.

#22 Kalipu

Kalipu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Why would they have to be careful about what they say? Telling us nothing at all won't keep anyone here.

Hardly possible to make players any more confused / angry / sad than they are now.

If they don't answer questions like "will the server last", "can we play again" etc., it probably means the same as: no.

If the answers were any positive, they wouldn't hesitate so much to let us know.

#23 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

Maybe they need to have answer from gravity first and they dont have them atm. Warpportal work under the policy of gravity so, gravity need to give them the answer and after need to give back from us

#24 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Patience is a virtue. I personally believe this whole blocking is temporary until all the requirements are met. I'll be waiting for updates of the situation and possibility to play again, peace.

#25 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:58 AM

Patience is a virtue. I personally believe this whole blocking is temporary until all the requirements are met. I'll be waiting for updates of the situation and possibility to play again, peace.

Yeah, like I said: They will answer our questions after the 25th of May.

Meanwhile they could tell us why they aren't answering any questions; like: " we didn't get any replies from Gravity Korea" or "we are busy with collecting them all." etc. They don't even care about Dragon Saga. If you want to learn answers you should look into Ragnorak's forums, at least the CMs talk to the people.

Good luck with your patience. I give up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users