FAQ - Important Notice Regarding European Region Access - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

FAQ - Important Notice Regarding European Region Access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

We understand a lot of you must have some questions regarding the changes to our policies.   Please post your questions here and we will try to answer your questions as soon as possible. 

::UPDATE 4/26/2018::

We have been collecting questions posted across all Warpportal titles.  Here are some answers from that list. 

When will this refund thing start?

• Refunds will start on May 15th. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. [5/4/2018 Revision]

Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?

• Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.

Do we have to write tickets?

• Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.
  • Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

[5/4/2018 Revision]

Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?
  • All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.
What is the list of all affected countries?
  • All of Geographical Europe except for countries located in the Commonwealth of Independent States

Is Turkey Affected?

• Yes
Why is this block happening?
  • “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

~Updates~

[5/18/2018 Updates]

Does “disabled” mean the account is banned, deleted altogether, or just IP blocked?

•     Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region,as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States

So if you're in a non-restricted area you can't access accounts that were originally made/registered in Europe? 

•       All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.

If an eu player logs on to an account will that flag it?

•  All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be marked with a flag and will be inaccessible.

I paid for a friend's account from Europe so she could be vip, she is located in Mexico. Will she be suspended?

•   If her account was made and accessed within Mexico, it will remain accessible.

Can European accounts be transferred to users in North America? What about people that moved there since account creation?

•    There will be no account transfer being made. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible 

How are you going to determine who lives in the EU and who doesn't? Would it be by last login or by place of account creation?

•    It will be flagged on the date of creation.

Why are you blocking countries that are not a part of European Union? EU laws do not apply to non-member countries so I don't understand why they are getting blocked too. 

•     We are blocking all European countries except for Russia and CIS due to the change of service policy not for European Union but for all the European area. 

What should we do if our accounts are incorrectly flagged as from Europe?

• All European accounts will be inaccessible. If your account is not European account, please let us know via e-mail.

Is refund mandatory or can we refuse it? If we refuse it is it possible to keep our accounts?

• Regardless, All European accounts will be inaccessible.

What if, in order to play again, someone eventually moves out of EU? All their hard work just disappears and they have to start over?

•  If the player’s new place of residence is in the region that Warpportal services, then they can play with new account created within such region. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will not be accessible.

If this ban is lifted someday, somehow, how are we (European players) gonna know about it, if we don't have forum access etc?  Will the current data for EU accounts be saved or backed up?

•  If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels. Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region, as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States

Anyone might be a dual citizen and choose to renounce their citizenship in EU to move to their non-EU country before May 25th -- what will you do then? 

•  Regardless of your nationality or citizenship, All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.

If a player wants to leave because all their EU friends are gone, will they qualify for refunds as well

•  Only players affected by the new terms and policy changes will receive refunds.

Will players in the UK be able to rejoin after next month when they are not part of the EU anymore?

•   If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels.

*If you have any questions regarding specific items, please send a ticket to our GM Team 

*Further FAQ Updates may be posted here as well once we receive more information. 

#2 Fizzy11

Fizzy11

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

You Guys were Like "lets make Requiem great again" and now your going to Block the european Players <.<

Idk if i should laugh or cry about such an incompetence..... you Guys going to kill the Game for real now.... this move is also a Bit racist!

I know so many EU Players that spent a Lot of time and also much €/$ and now WE getting banned, this making me speechless. You banning one of your Most loyal Community part that still spending a Lot of €/$ for NO new content!

Btw, maybe you Guys should also already announce a Date when you'll Close the Game!

Because this Change making a Dead Game even more dead!

Thats the way you Guys say "thank you" to your Community that spent During 8-9 years a few hundred or even thousand of $ !

This isnt a End WE loyal Players deserve!

At the end, i'll say thank you!
THANK YOU for NOTHING!

PS. I Hope that the Rest of the Community wont Accept that move! And leave the game!!

Edited by Fizzy11, 26 April 2018 - 10:55 AM.

#3 s18m06

s18m06

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

how i can refunded , my from is brazilian , and i dont play more this game too.......

#4 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

Everybody adapted to the new rules but Gravity didnt, watch a bunch of human failures, id be ashamed if i worked for gravity, how can u ppl sleep at night  thats disgusting xD

Also isnt this kinda racist?

Edited by VanillaNinja, 26 April 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#5 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Can you confirm please, you are saying accounts will not only be blocked via warpportal but game accounts will also be suspended/banned?

#6 SiberianWinter

SiberianWinter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

can you just answer that?  characters will be banned or not?

Edited by SiberianWinter, 26 April 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#7 Hannkar

Hannkar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

It's rather ill mannered to give us only a months notice, when this decision must have been taken a long time ago.

#8 archangelrar

archangelrar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

It would be nice to have some dignity and try to be more active during this announcement... As little of us as it might be, we still care about our years given in this game.. If you do not have an exact information, be honest, don't let us in the unknown...

The most important question is about the game accounts themselves, and i am sure you are aware of that:

Will this only affect warpportal site or the connection to the games themselves?

Thank you;

Arch

#9 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:15 AM

@Varitas

how i will play requiem after may 25th? vpn?

its ip ban permament?

if you catch eu player in game or someone report eu player his account will be suspended?

#10 Hannkar

Hannkar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:32 AM

Lots of people spent a lot of money and time during XMas and now everything is for naught. WP really does not care at all.

"All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th."

That means every account that was created in Europe, including ones that have already been sold to others will get banned.

You can always create a new account using VPN, transfer all your stuff and then start from level 1.

Edited by VModCupcake, 27 April 2018 - 06:48 AM.

#11 Xenovian

Xenovian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

Okay, I will share my opinion hopefully it wont getting deleted.

Funny thing that you basically copy pasted every other GM Game Posts Related to this topic in every of your games, you answered some questions that players didnt even asked in public here in Requiem and with a very dissaponited explanations.

As other guy of your game community said somewhere, why you all not start some stream and answer all player questions or atleast explain it personally face to face to the players, as Requiem do with those "Murder Hour Streams".

EU people supported your games and company for many years, atleast in Requiem for not getting new content as comparation of how other games usually do this frecuently. You Just basically copy pasted and recolored all the things around and call them new.

I bet many people here have been playing this only just because their friendship with other peoples around the world that you have been playing years with. This is my case too, And I saw much of mines left until now, the time that I am leaving too.

But em.. now you ignore all us and kick just because you dont want to adapt your systems as of course other games already did, for example BDO which is the game I play now currently, they already were prepared for this and they fixed this without any kind of problems. In The 4-5 April was all fixed and they not kicked anyone from where they play or where they from and all people are really happy and seems to be a very good community and game. I highly reccomend.

For all those that wanna use VPN, I reccomend to not do that, just think about how much you spent here and how you are getting kicked off after all your years of loyal support, you basically will be like a dude playing "illegaly" from your own country, for have access of their servers of 20-50 people logged max everyday,they wont even gonna help you in support, you wont even gonna charge $ because they will remove the € money too there, and if some of you game enemies mostly some RU people,wanna annoy you, they will basically report you that you accessing illegally and for sure your acc will be banned later when they procces to further investigations. Its just time all people leaves and even people that is not from EU gonna quit too as boicot of their friends being kicked.

You think with only RU and the CIS countries game can survive long? And yea I only say RU and CIS because I dont see a lot North American people putting WP in game, same South American People and same other continents except Europe and Asia mostly. And you will kick 1 of them.

Not counting the fact that some Ukranian Peps for some time were abusing of a bug on your page and they were getting 5kWP for just 10$, and you all took much time to fix the bug and didnt take those points back, so you benefict them.

Also Come on many players (speccially some rus atm) everyday are trying sell account and enchants for rubles and you dont make nothing even sending tickets. In Region chat without fear of your baneable actions.
As a player that played to long for me this is sad how the game turned on.
Before the 50+ year Scottish grandma comes here and say to this post that we "butthurt" or some ridiculous similar thing I must say that There are also many people of all parts of the world doing this kind of activities too and I think the same in all cases, not caring in where they from.

And you GMs are always looking in opposite direction where players look.

Al final point just move on guys find another game that cares actually about YOU and all the players and that have a good system without difference or privileges to some, as now what the game is doing is supporting and benefict hackers and botters.

Just let them they keep their game with the low amount of people that are playing everyday. And at long the game management will see what they lost and their bad decisions.
BB Requiem BB WP BB Gravity.

One Door Closes another new one opens.
Hello BDO.

#12 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Server:Tifrii

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

Hello,

Turkey wasn't on list what you posted, but now you saying all European countries, even country's not in European Union.

So... is Country " Georgia" in the list of Bannable country's?

#13 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:14 AM

Its not surprising that you left your players hanging for all of the weekend instead of answering one question that all people across warp portal games are asking.

In your opening post, when you ask yourself about will characters be suspended or just blocked, you answer that they will be "disabled" wtf lol this is not clear at all and the answer to this question can make a huge difference to your player base. I understand maybe you are avoiding answering this question clearly but i think you have to make it clear, will this be a block or a ban, because players may want to let our friends continue to play on these accounts or gift them via email.

Also please confirm if you are banning all of europe or only countries in the european union, as above, it is unclear if Georgia will be one of the countrys affected. Can we not just get a list of countries so people can be 100% sure? I understand it will take maybe 1-2 hours to make this list but you know people have been playing here for 8-9-10 years, so your 2 hours making a list will show that you do still have some care and respect for your players.

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 28 April 2018 - 12:20 AM.

#14 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

They think that Turkey is in EU lmao.

Guys just like xenovian said give it up and find another game. This game wont survive few months. Why u wanne stay in a game where u get threated like -_-?

#15 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

Turkey is understandable, here you can find all info 

https://en.wikipedia..._European_Union

But countrys who are not in the european union and do not aim to be, i can not understand why they should be blocked.

What's interesting is they say they will block all countrys in europe but not Russia, why? Russia is not part of EU but is partly in Europe but they will not be blocked. So why are other european countrys also not in EU like Switzerland and Iceland for Example, being blocked. 

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 28 April 2018 - 03:14 AM.

#16 Hannkar

Hannkar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

Turkey is understandable, here you can find all info 

https://en.wikipedia..._European_Union

But countrys who are not in the european union and do not aim to be, i can not understand why they should be blocked.

What's interesting is they say they will block all countrys in europe but not Russia, why? Russia is not part of EU but is partly in Europe but they will not be blocked. So why are other european countrys also not in EU like Switzerland and Iceland for Example, being blocked. 

Countries that are part of the EEA will fall under the GDPR text. So this would include Norway and Iceland.

My understanding is Switzerland should be fine but it is still going to get blocked. Not sure how why.

CIS (which includes Russia) are not impacted at all by the GDPR text.

Edited by Hannkar, 28 April 2018 - 06:59 AM.

#17 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

It will be very hard for Gravity to recover after this...

Mall sales will be drastically reduced due to possible further Bans.

Gravity isn't trusted by players anymore, i  myself won't be spending my money on an almost dead game, and i'm sure many players think the same.

The game is good but shame on Admins, we got almost 10 years of copy/paste events... and we still here waiting for something new and original... that's what i call a Legit community! Legit Players!

Now i do realize that all the money and time i spended in this game is lost even if its not my country the one banned, sadly mine or yours might be next so be careful guys, think twice before any further purchase...

Edited by BioElesis, 01 May 2018 - 05:59 AM.

#18 mchll

mchll

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

If i can't play, no one should be able to.

Have it fixed for you. 

On a side note, i was a pretty lame student in Geography but as far as i know, Russia is officially in Asia so that puts them away for now. But weren't they be your guildmates ? Why would you want them to have the same faith as you do. I am speechless. 

But i give you a big one for your relentless efforts to manipulate the system. Still it didn't get you very far, did it?

Of course you are all stressed out for your accounts since they had more than 1 owner during the years. 

I am looking forward to see how you are going to bail out of this one. 

Obviously all accounts are flagged for EU so they will suffer the same faith. 

#19 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Have it fixed for you. 

On a side note, i was a pretty lame student in Geography but as far as i know, Russia is officially in Asia so that puts them away for now. But weren't they be your guildmates ? Why would you want them to have the same faith as you do. I am speechless. 

But i give you a big one for your relentless efforts to manipulate the system. Still it didn't get you very far, did it?

Of course you are all stressed out for your accounts since they had more than 1 owner during the years. 

I am looking forward to see how you are going to bail out of this one. 

Obviously all accounts are flagged for EU so they will suffer the same faith. 

Ok, my fan, let me make this clear for you, i will not be effected by this change.

Where you read my post and thought, lets see what i can write negative about my hero, i bet you were even excited writing it,  what you failed to understand, is i was not asking for any other country to be banned, i was asking why non european union country's are being blocked also, but if you take your hate eyes away and read other peoples comments, you can see Hannkar answered this very clearly.

Now its clear to see you want to make this major issue all about me but i believe you should keep this on topic as other players are waiting and looking only for Informative replys or questions. 

Thank you for your continued support.

:p_love:

#20 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:09 AM

Give Us LIST( OF IP Bannable Country's)

#21 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

#22 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

you are sending eevry1 to this FAQ, with our questions, but already 5 days no update on our questions!!!!!! give us -_- IP bannable Country's

L I S T

#23 XtremeStyle

XtremeStyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

ur country is banned.

#24 xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

xX0ptiMusPrimeXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:00 AM

there is nolist... nothing was said about other countrys which whren't inlist... until i wount see official notes you can go troll another person, thanks

#25 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:19 AM

Jesus ppl move on life doesnt end on this game, if they dont want you dont fight for it let them die

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users